[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

EDIT:

P170EM, P150EM, P151EM, P370EM & P370EM3 versions of PM v1.0.3 now available in OP:

- Updated Clevo base to v17 (P170EM)

- Legacy RAID oROM downgraded to v11.6.0.1702 (TRIM without WIN7 RAID boot delay bug)

- Added 2T EDITION (Tad slower, but proven more stable with difficult RAM like 2133Mhz & 32GB)

Prema you figured out the 2133 memory problem in this new bios?

Dear Prema,

Thanks to release 1.03.

No problem at my PC.

I want to install Windows7 with UEFI mode.

Now,It's able to Windows8 + UEFI only.(in BIOS OS menu)

Is it possible at mod?

Do you mean you set a TDP in XTU and it doesn't change in TS?

From what people report it seams as if it works on Sandy Bidge CPUs, but not Ivy...

Dear Prema to me it seems TS and XTU sow o difference in terms of TDP....

both sowing 60W as maximum, ill post the screens soon.

PS im on P170EM

this is the screen sorry for double post:

post-5945-14494994953974_thumb.jpg

tell me if u need something else, i really want to help u providing us these good BIOSes, im using ur 1.02 version, and im waiting for the next releases with the OC power, ty.

Dear Prema to me it seems TS and XTU sow o difference in terms of TDP....

both sowing 60W as maximum, ill post the screens soon.

PS im on P170EM

TS will only update the TDP values if you delete the config.ini file, otherwise TS will enforce whatever TDP value you wrote in it previously. I found XTU TDP changes to only work after reboot.

Dear Prema,

Thanks to release 1.03.

No problem at my PC.

I want to install Windows7 with UEFI mode.

Now,It's able to Windows8 + UEFI only.(in BIOS OS menu)

Is it possible at mod?

Select "Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device" in save & exit BIOS section...

Hello Prema.

Here you can find the latest Intel Raid rom 12.6.0.1867 : www.station-drivers.com • Afficher le sujet - Intel RST & ROM - New Update!

This rom seems to solve the delay issue and the Trim problem.

N3ST

Ha ha ha, THX, got it already...how nice now I can redo all 10 mods again...should have just waited a day...LOL

BTW: Pulled the P151EM mod as I uploaded a wrong version, sorry about that and THX @ "JD" & "Igor" for the heads-up!

Also the P151EM keyboard apparently doesn't except the FN+9 code, so FULL FAN will be back to FN+1 for P151EM from PM v1.04 onwards...

EDIT: New RAID modules confirmed working (Legacy & UEFI), Prema Mod 1.0.4 for all P-EM models this weekend! ;)

Hi, Prema. Is there any - locked - option in the P150EM bios to allow the laptop to boot on an external monitor?

I would assume so, and find it hard to believe how many common and for some crucial options - e.g. hdd pw - Clevo leaves out.

Hi, Prema. Is there any - locked - option in the P150EM bios to allow the laptop to boot on an external monitor?

I would assume so, and find it hard to believe how many common and for some crucial options - e.g. hdd pw - Clevo leaves out.

If you set it to external screen during boot via FN keys, does it show there before windows is loading. Would you be able to enter BIOS on external screen?

Hi Prema, I have system bios 1.02.14 and EC 1.02.12 and i have one "problem" with this new bios. The problem is the profile of fans, when i was with the old bios my computer did not come close to 80°c while playing (72ºc in bf3 for example), now with this new bios with EFI option the temps are high to me and i think there is a mess with profile of fans.

I'm with windows 8 on Clevo P150EM with 3720qm and 7970m (The bios is of P170EM) and I have no overclock apply.

Can you help me ? Can your bios for P150EM provide better profiles ?

If you set it to external screen during boot via FN keys, does it show there before windows is loading. Would you be able to enter BIOS on external screen?

As for me FN+F7 (switch to external screen) does absolutely nothing outside of Windows (P151EM).

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, you can use hdd password, as I do. Its just that BIOS does not allow to switch it on/off. But you can do this via hdparm utility. Then BIOS will correctly prompt for password to unlock hdd on cold boot.

Prema Mod for for all P-EM systems updated to v1.0.4:

- Legacy & UEFI Sata/Raid ROM updated to v12.6.0.1867 (LATEST, TRIM & NO BOOT DELAY)

- Fixed Full Fan bug for P151EM > USE FN+1 (this time for real)

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND! :)

Hi Prema, I have system bios 1.02.14 and EC 1.02.12 and i have one "problem" with this new bios. The problem is the profile of fans, when i was with the old bios my computer did not come close to 80°c while playing (72ºc in bf3 for example), now with this new bios with EFI option the temps are high to me and i think there is a mess with profile of fans.

I'm with windows 8 on Clevo P150EM with 3720qm and 7970m (The bios is of P170EM) and I have no overclock apply.

Can you help me ? Can your bios for P150EM provide better profiles ?

BIOS v14 & EC12 is a strange combination for P150EM. Usually EC v12 is for P170EM and has the fans allowing higher temps until spin as that system is designed for hotter CPUs.

So yes, I think using the latest P150EM stock BIOS or Prema Mod will solve your issue. :)

No and no, unfortunately.

And thanks for v04.

Hi Prema, I had a bad exprience flashing a bios to a Clevo W870cu which ended with a black screen and I have succesfully recovered from it using an Spi Flash programmer which I made myself reading some tutoriels on the net, while reflashing the bios I had to erase the ship before I could reflash the correct bios, now I can boot normally but later I realized that I wasn't completely recovered as I'm left now with the following problem :

1 - The Cpu fan doesn't spin at boot nor when I'm in windows 7, the only way to make spin(it spins slowly) is to press the silent button

2 - I have 4 Go of ram and only 3,60 Go is recognized now by the bios and windows 7 sees the 4 Go but only 3,60 is usable

3 - When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del at boot the pc doesn't reboot but it shuts off

4 - I Had a warning at boot saying that "ME FW Update Failed,Please Try again!" I reflashed to the latest EC and Bios version and it's ok now.

can you please tell what I did wrong and was it the fact that I erased the ship with spipgm that deleted some blocks that normally not accessed by the official flashing program given by clevo???

any suggestions is welecomed.

The BIOS consists of different parts, which are usually not part of a regular update...

I would suggest to get someone to dump the whole chip for you from an identical working model in pure DOS via fpt and flash it to your system with the same software.

CLEVO_full_backup.zip

BIOS v14 & EC12 is a strange combination for P150EM. Usually EC v12 is for P170EM and has the fans allowing higher temps until spin as that system is designed for hotter CPUs.

So yes, I think using the latest P150EM stock BIOS or Prema Mod will solve your issue. :)

Thank you so much, just one more question Prema Mod have only bios update and to update I need to update me 1 right ? The new profile fans are in EC update or in bios update ?

I'm asking because I don't know if update with stock bios (ec+bios) or Prema Mod (bios only i think) .

Hello again Prema I final understand that your bios mod have ec + bios include. Nice job the update run very well I just have to re-install AMD driver (13.2 beta7) and hotkeys(8.0101) again in my P150EM and is everything working very well with better temperatures.

I am happy with this update v1.0.4 :) and all I need for the future is the CPU & iGPU Overclocking (XTU EDITION) I have 3720QM :) btw Nice image for boot works well !

Thank you so much !

Hi everybody,

This is my first post, but I do plan on posting more often. Anyways, I have a Sager NP9130, and so I downloaded the P151EM bios v 1.0.4 (the non - 2T edition).

After flashing the ME (v.8.1.30.1350), I ran the update.bat, and I assume everything went well. When I boot up, I see a new picture which is like a blue orb, and I can boot into Windows fine. However, I don't see any extra options in the BIOS. Also, Fn+1 for fan speed always used to work, and still works now.

Does anybody have any idea what I'm supposed to see, and what I did wrong, if anything?

Hi everybody,

This is my first post, but I do plan on posting more often. Anyways, I have a Sager NP9130, and so I downloaded the P151EM bios v 1.0.4 (the non - 2T edition).

After flashing the ME (v.8.1.30.1350), I ran the update.bat, and I assume everything went well. When I boot up, I see a new picture which is like a blue orb, and I can boot into Windows fine. However, I don't see any extra options in the BIOS. Also, Fn+1 for fan speed always used to work, and still works now.

Does anybody have any idea what I'm supposed to see, and what I did wrong, if anything?

This is not unlocked BIOS option.

But optimized for certain functions, such as 2T FN +1

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic