[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, reneyvane said:

I have "MSI GT72" with "970M 3go" and I would like replace by "980M 8go CLEVO", I need vbios MSI for "980M CLEVEO", thank.

What the vbios version in your "980M 8go CLEVO" card?

Hello,

Actually this is my card that I am selling. So it's a prema-biosmodded card that I have bought from eurocom.

Does it fit mechnically in a GT72 and will it work? If do you know if it requires a bios update of the GT72?

Edited by greg_p

• Bios Modder
16 minutes ago, greg_p said:

Does it fit mechnically in a GT72 and will it work?

Mechnically? Yes of course.

26 minutes ago, greg_p said:

If do you know if it requires a bios update of the GT72?

If you mean main system bios, then i think it's not necessarily, but it's good idea.

If you mean vbios, then yes, the best choice to flash MSI vbios.

you mean an official or a prema? As it's not an card initially done by/for msi, there could be some differences with original. Or may be the mxm standard doesn't really leave place for that kind of difference and it doesn't really make a difference.

So it si compatible? good news! I am looking for vbios so.

I have a  Clevo P651SE but does not recognize from DOS or BIOS my new NVMe SSD 960 EVO Samsung... so I cannot boot from that disk. If I boot from windows the disk is visible through windows as secondary.... what I must do to fix this... Bios Update or just some adjustments?

17 hours ago, Treleo said:

I have a  Clevo P651SE but does not recognize from DOS or BIOS my new NVMe SSD 960 EVO Samsung... so I cannot boot from that disk. If I boot from windows the disk is visible through windows as secondary.... what I must do to fix this... Bios Update or just some adjustments?

I had this issue

I know it sounds stupid and shouldn't work, but boot from a linux live CD and format your drive as NTFS. the windows installer should see it once it's been formatted once.

Edited by SrzCase

windows installer (f it is windows 10) can see it normally ... You can also intall windows and make all partitions ect... But when is trying to reboot and bios trying to find drives to boot from... cannot see the M2 NVMe disk but only the installer disk or usb drive. So it starts installation from beginning...

So the problem is to be able to see it from BIOS and not only from windows installation disk/drive. 

Hello

I have a Clevo 157SM.

Whenever the processor reaches a certain temperature the fans start to run at maximum speed and even if the temperature goes down they only shut down after a long long time.

Is there any new version of BIOS?

Is there any option where I can change the temperatures?

My Bios Info:

ME FW Version - 9.0.31.1487

MB Series - P15SM
Bios Version - 1.03.04CC v2
KBC/EC Firmware Revision - 1.03.01

Thanks in advance

On 17.05.2017 at 1:00 AM, Treleo said:

1 - Make sure you unplug all SATA and USB drives, the M.2 drive has to be the only drive installed.

2 - Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.

3 - Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, Not windows UEFI.

4 - Click on key management and clear secure boot keys.

5 - Insert a USB memory stick with a UEFI bootable iso of Windows 10 on it, USB3 is quicker but USB2 works also. A Windows DVD won’t work unless you’ve created your own UEFI Bootable DVD.

6 - Press F10 to save, exit and reboot.

7 - Windows will now start installing to your NVME drive as it has its own NVME driver built in, I don't think this would work with previous versions.

8 - When the PC reboots hit F2 to go back into the BIOS, you will see under boot priority that windows boot manager now lists your NVME drive.

9 - Click on secure boot again but now set it to WIndows UEFI mode.

10 - Click on key management and install default secure boot keys

11 - Press F10 to save and exit and windows will finish the install.

Once you have Windows up and running, shutdown the PC and reconnect your other SATA drives. Do not put anything on SATA port 1 as this is now reserved for the NVME drive.

I would also recommend installing the Samsung NVME driver at this point to replace the Windows one.

The background here is NVME SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector.

Your M.2 SSD contains UEFI driver information within the firmware. By disabling the CSM module Windows will read and utilize the M.2-specific UEFI driver.

If this does not work, make a bootable usb with this ISO http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html

Boot from it, instal the firmware and after that windows installer will see you drive.

Edited by runix18

Windows installer CAN SEE my drive... BIOS CANNOT SEE the drive... so I can normally see and format and install windows 10 on this disk, but after PC reboots bios search for disk to start. see nothing as always and does not start booting cause BIOS cannot find if there is a disk to boot from... 

On 1/25/2017 at 7:54 PM, kogoro said:

I finally dowloaded the prema biosmod and the modded bios was inside , i also give a little money to prema to thanks him.

After some hour of search because of some  "resume from hibernation"  problem which didn't allow me to enter the bios non modded  ( problem solved only type  shutdown /s /f /t 0  on the command window and you will have a full shutdown )  i finally found the version of my bios : 1.03.01  , i also found on an other website a newer bios for the computer   (http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/clevo-bios-older-models-released-in-after-2014.790474/ )  1.05.01 "support for win 10"  , i am already in win 10 ^^ , my question: should i install the premamod bios now or should i update the EC and bios before ????

and second question does the premamod bios change something about pciessd compatibility ? (nvme   3.0  etc. )????

THANKS for reading !

did you found any solution about NVME disks support? Thanks in advance

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic