[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hello. I try modding bios for the Clevo w650sf . I use AMIBCP to unlock hidden options in my bios. And when i try to save modded bios i have this error : "This rom image contains an invalid custom token id" And when i flash this bios there are no changes. Could someone help me with this problem?

32 minutes ago, black007 said:

i have p770zm-g, i want to install nvme ssd, thus need for me to install prema mod bios.

can i install prema mod bios only or need to install both bios and vbios?

For NVMe support you don't have to flash the vBIOS. That's only for better performance.

On 11/4/2016 at 10:37 AM, sabrehawk said:

Hello folks i have a Clevo P771DM with a 980 GTX M 8 GB  (Intel GPU disabled by vendor) , bios does not allow fan control or overclocking

Im looking for a way to gain at least fan control for the gpu because the Control Software Center of Clevo frankly blows nuts.

(This is a 2500$ Machine and they provide literally no support , no bios updates and ship a software that is ultimatley garbage)

Basically i want to be able to control my gpu with third party tools such as MSI Afterburner (well at least the fan speeds)

Can this be done or is there one i can get for this already?

Regards, Sabre

Hi Sabre,

I have the P775DM3 with 1080 GTX GPU, and I was pissed by that fan noise as well.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no easy fix.

The GPU fans are not controlled via the GPU BIOS but via the embedded controller in the laptop (EC).

If you have a model from a Prema Premium Partner, you could try the Prema BIOS and EC firmware, which tunes the fan curves but doesn't give you control over the fan speed (correct me when I am wrong).

It is possible to control the fan speed via talking to the EC.

There is a Windows tool that was leaked by clevo I think some years ago and some guys reverse engineered that and implemented a fan control for Ubuntu for some models.

I modified that tool to provide automatic fan control for my p775dm3 running Linux - although I do not really like the solution. If the background process dies for some reason and is not restarted, the fans could be stuck at low speed and the system could run hot. I would prefer to implement a custom fan control in the EC, but I have no idea how to do so. Obviously, this is all highly experimental and can damage you hardware.

Anyway, I have summarized my findings here:

If you find a good way to control the fans, let me know :|

Cheers

qon

Hello P150EM here, my bios  Revision is 1.02.17PM v2 and KBC/EC Firmware is 1.02.11PM

I see there is a V2 latest but 1.0.04 is before it so Im at 1.0.02? not sure what version I have the bios version numbering does not agree with the change log so it's confusing. 

It would seem if I am on 1.0.02 I need 1.0.04 before updating to latest V2?

I have a problem with the vbios.. If I stress the gpu it will shut down the laptop and also the PSU. I modded a 240w PSU in order to work for my Clevo P157sm which originally came with a 180w PSU. I had this problem with my original PSU as well...I thought it would be a power issue but I guess I am wrong. Any ideas what could it be? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i need some help about a bios mod, i wanna mod the bootlogo of my stock bios, i'm doing it with a tool AMI changelogo tool V5, when i try to flash back the bios i get the "SECURE FLASH VERIFY FAIL" error.... i also tryed the /GAN parameter but seems my afudos do not support it... how can i solve ?

this is my stock bios  CLEVO p751dm-g
https://mega.nz/#!84lDwQwA!mVep6NpDuLPR2jB8orIDEHholpv9SxvhxBxTYTvrnQc

On 31/08/2016 at 1:03 PM, munbeo said:

Hi I would like to bump this post as well. I was on windows 10, P150EM 970M with Bios and Vbios mod from Prema. After the Anniversary update my drivers stopped working so I rolled back the update and it still didn't help. I even rolled back to windows 7 and it doesn't work as well. Can you guys suggest me to try something else to get computer to switch to the card? Thanks

no one helped you fix this yet ?

Seems a lot of people getting throttling issues or only the HD intel being used thing.

ALSO – check to see if the program or game you want to use is in the list from NVidia control panel

As an example :

1. Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel by right clicking on your desk top and clicking on "NVIDIA Control Panel".

2. In the default screen that pops up (it should be "manage 3D settings", and the "Program Settings" tab should be automatically selected), under "1. Select a program to customize:" hit the "Add" button.

3. From here, navigate to the folder where your games are located. For me, it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common. (Because I have steam)

4. Select the folder for the game you want to use your NVIDIA card for, and find the .exe for that game (it's usually right in the main game folder). Select it and hit open.

5. Then, under "2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" open the drop-down menu and select "High-performance NVIDIA processor".

If it still doesn't work try this :

When you right click a shortcut to play a game, do you get the option to “run with NVidia high powered graphics processor” ?

If there is no menu/option, this happens when these services are stopped :

1. NVIDIA Driver Helper Service

2. NVIDIA Update Service Daemon.

Start Task Manager .Click the tab "Services" .Click on a button named "Services ..." .Find their names .

Right click on them > Properties . Then Click on "Start " and then select Start-up time :

for the first ->Automatic

for the second -service > Automatic(Delayed Start)

Another tip is to uninstall the driver and delete the software, let the HD Intel be there though. Update it to the very latest version. Make sure you restart. Check all other software, and applications, like OSD's and command centers and MEI and chipsets etc.. make sure windows update has nothing waiting to be downloaded, or has already downloaded and is asking when to install...  let it complete all updates.

Once there are no more updates, install your preferred NVidia graphics driver, and see if that helps, if you do not see your game listed opr program of choice listed, add it. See if the context menu's are there or not.
You could also try being in full UEFI mode and dedicated mode, and skipping the HD intel altogether, but this is difficult for some cards and laptops and would be an "per case basis". The new Pascal cards of course need special attention depending what system, because as an example, DELL/Alienware never update anything. 

Was wondering if anyone has any experience with a Quadro M5000M in a P150EM.  I'm running the latest prema bios but when I boot the system with the card in it nothing shows up in bios.  I don't know if it's a bad card or if it's just not supported.  Thanks for your help.

45 minutes ago, custom90gt said:

Was wondering if anyone has any experience with a Quadro M5000M in a P150EM.  I'm running the latest prema bios but when I boot the system with the card in it nothing shows up in bios.  I don't know if it's a bad card or if it's just not supported.  Thanks for your help.

That is normal. It means nothing.

2 hours ago, Khenglish said:

That is normal. It means nothing.

Does that mean the p150em can not support the quadro M5000M?  I hope that's the case for the cards sake...  If this is the case, is there anyway to get that added to the bios?

11 minutes ago, custom90gt said:

Does that mean the p150em can not support the quadro M5000M?  I hope that's the case for the cards sake...  If this is the case, is there anyway to get that added to the bios?

No the card works fine. The BIOS just doesn't recognize the device ID and thus says there's no card. It's communicating with the card fine.

Edited by Khenglish

1 minute ago, Khenglish said:

No the card works fine. The BIOS just doesn't recognize the device ID and thus says there's no card. Its communicating with the card fine.

Strange, I'll see if it boots into windows and detects anything.  It also would periodically beep while in the bios screen, I assumed that was it's way of telling me there is no card.  Does your 980m show anything in bios?  I assumed that because the M5000m was based on the 980m it would work. 

2 hours ago, custom90gt said:

Strange, I'll see if it boots into windows and detects anything.  It also would periodically beep while in the bios screen, I assumed that was it's way of telling me there is no card.  Does your 980m show anything in bios?  I assumed that because the M5000m was based on the 980m it would work. 

If it's beeping that means either your mxm slot is dirty or there is something wrong with the card.

See if windows sees the card or not.

4 hours ago, Khenglish said:

If it's beeping that means either your mxm slot is dirty or there is something wrong with the card.

See if windows sees the card or not.

It may be the card then, I don't see anything in windows.  I wish I knew for certain it was the card though.  I was hoping @Prema could confirm that this bios supports the M5000m as well. 

Does anyone happen to know if the high precision event timer (HPET) can be disabled in the prema bios for the P151SM1B? I can't find any such option in the BIOS, and tried emailing Prema through his website but got no response, and tried sending him a PM through the forum here. He read the PM, but disabled his forum messenger a few days later.

Hey Prema I left a message on your site as well, I'm not sure which one you check more so I figured I would just post here as well. I was hoping to get my Alienware 13 R2 BIOS modded now that it'll no longer be receiving BIOS updates, I've got a 965m and a 6500u processor. I tried modding it myself but failed, that would be really awesome to see what this thing can do with an unlocked BIOS, here's a link to the latest and final Alienware 13 R2 BIOS http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03960579M/1/Alienware13_R2_1.3.9.EXE
Thanks for all of the work you do, I've been using your VBIOS mods on my other laptop for years

Edited by SillyYak
Added link

Hi, I have a clevo P650RE6, which Bios should I download? My laptop is reffered as P6xxRA/P6xxRG/P6xxRE3/P6xxRE6 series in the clevo.tw website. Does the prema MOD is supported for my laptop?

My configuration :

Chassis & Display Defiance Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor 6700HQ (2.6GHz, 3.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM) 4GB HyperX IMPACT 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 4GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M - 6.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12

Prema did an excellent job. Now I can change a lot of things in my P157SM-A e.g cpu overclocking, overvolting without xtu installed. But there is a small issue when I trying to oc my ram. After oc and boot I can run games, benchmarks but after reboot clevo freezes and reset overclocking settings. Do you have any ideas?. I use uefi boot, 2 CMSX8GX3M1A1600C10 ram and i7 4710mq ?

Hello everyone! 

So, I've got myself into a bit of a situation. I bought a 980m for my Eurocom X3 around six months ago and put it into my computer. I've been running drivers with a modded .inf for quite a while now, however with the 376.33 update I've run into the problem that certain games aren't even using my 980m, War Thunder being a prime example. So I installed the PREMA bios for the P157SM as I'd heard that once I did that I wouldn't need to use modded .inf drivers. So when I rebooted after the install I uninstalled the modded driver and tried to install the stock Nvidia driver, but it came up with the 'could not find compatible graphics hardware' error. 

Any help on the topic whatsoever would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

TheFlyingPotato

On 7/20/2016 at 0:23 AM, xlawx87 said:

Hello, can someone please help me, am I able to flash this VBIOS on to an Aorus X3 plus V5? its running 970M GTX, but I believe the GPU is solderer on to the Motherboard, thanks all.

BUMP can anyone help?

Hello, can someone please help me, am I able to flash this VBIOS on to an Aorus X3 plus V5? its running 970M GTX, but I believe the GPU is solderer on to the Motherboard, thanks all.

BUMP can anyone help?

BUMP can anyone help?

I'm looking for the last version of the BIOS for the P170EM from clevo, could you guide me to find where it is located ? Also I don't know what the difference with the T version :'(

Thanks !

• Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic