[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

A friend asked me if he can flash the vBIOS without flashing the normal BIOS so I thought I should ask you guys :)

Yes make sure he uninstalls all nvidia drivers/software first reboot and then flash it. I personally go into safe mode to do the flash I am just paranoid probably but better safe then sorry.

Also after you install the latest driver there is an issue with the latest geforce experience. It hangs windows login for about 30s on my system. To fix this change the nvStreamSvc to Automatic delayed start from automatic in your system services

Here is the link for the fix http://imgur.com/a/SASGA

• Thumbs Up 1

Flashed your new v2 BIOS for NP9377 now my machine just randomly shuts off after around 10-15 seconds. Sometimes it gets to Windows. But then black screen, following by keyboard lights off and then fans off.

Any thoughts?

Flashed your new v2 BIOS for NP9377 now my machine just randomly shuts off after around 10-15 seconds. Sometimes it gets to Windows. But then black screen, following by keyboard lights off and then fans off.

Any thoughts?

Sorry to bump but has anyone got an idea? Thanks

Tony did you tried to revert to original bios to see if that works???? At least your machine is booting mine is stuck on a black screen T_T

I cant get the laptop to stay powered on long enough to run through the BIOS update again. I can run step1 and then when it boots back into DOS, I cannot even type 'step2' before she shuts herself off

It's almost as it a temp sensor is going into panic mode and shutting it off. Same 15 seconds of power everytime

I think I'll need a new mobo which is not cheap! **** mobile gaming. I'll be building a PC next

Good luck with yours mate

I cant get the laptop to stay powered on long enough to run through the BIOS update again. I can run step1 and then when it boots back into DOS, I cannot even type 'step2' before she shuts herself off

It's almost as it a temp sensor is going into panic mode and shutting it off. Same 15 seconds of power everytime

I think I'll need a new mobo which is not cheap! **** mobile gaming. I'll be building a PC next

Good luck with yours mate

Did you tried the fn+b trick??

Did you clean your cmos???

Will try again now - Fn+b with stock rom

Yes. Tried

If you stay on bios, your computer reset after some time???

I tried everything here and nothing is working... i think i will have to buy another gpu...

Hi Prema :D I'm a new member in this forum, I tried to send private msg to u but the system says I need at least 5 posts in forum. I just bought 2 gtx980m, with pci id 1617 and 13D7, I installed them on my alienware M18X R3, but I realised that these two graphic can't enable sli, I tried to swap their position but sli option still not showing in driver setting. Do u have any idea that what can I do to make these two cards enable sli option? please help me :(

Hi Prema

I flashed my Bios with the W3xxST_32_32_PM

I have a Mecer w370ST and i want to set the Core Voltage on my Nvidia 765m, as far as i have read I have to flash my Vbios, so by flashing the bios and the vbios shouldn't i be able to set my voltage core on eg afterburner or Xprecision, because it is still locked?

Your response will be highly appreciated :D!

Kind Regards

mrfox

GTX765M series has no voltage control unlocked for on-the-fly changes through software.

That being said the vBIOS is integrated into the BIOS and will be unlocked for core slider etc alongside the system BIOS Mod flash.

Prema thank you for the v2 BIOS for P6xx series :) I will install your BIOS and vBIOS as soon as I can. Have a question for you: Which nvidia driver version do you recommend? I read at several forums that the new ones are broken for several months.

@Prema

In general it is best to use the latest driver releases...

Prema,

will You also make for old model like P170SM - this updates? :)

Its on my list...

Hi guys,

is it possible to go back to ME prior to 9.1 for having back BCLK OC? I am on a p651se. I tried installing previous version but it does not work...

thanks

The ME included in the latest Mod no longer supports BCLK OC as the results are just abysmal and not worth the instability.

In general when BCLK was lost due to a standalone ME Firmware update it can simply be regained by flashing the whole Mod BIOS package again that has BCLK enabled.

Hi Prema,

Small question, but on the P650SG, on each reboot, the BIOS puts all attached hard drives into a frozen state, which is quite annoying for some tuning operations (secure erase and such). I can bypass it with PartedMagic, but have found no way to bypass it in Windows.

Is there a BIOS option in the PremaBios v1 which disables this freeze-lock on reboot?

Try "hdparm"

Dont have Clevo w940?

Nope...sorry!

Any thoughts?

Maybe your RAM ran under-clocked on your old BIOS (My new Mod runs RAM at designed speeds).

8GB sticks @ 1866Mhz may not be stable in these systems in general. It all depends on CPU, motherboard, loss through long traces, memory controller, of course the RAM itself etc...

Like when I changed only my W230ST mobo for a W230SS, while keeping the same CPU and same RAM, they would no longer clock up to 2400Mhz at all, which it ran at 10-10-10 before...

Try to set "Command Rate" in BIOS to "2N". If that isn't enough set it in BIOS Memory Control manually to 1866Mhz or raise the first 3 Timings by a single digit for better stability.

Hi guys I have a problem, I have multicom Kunshan P375S it's a clevo p375sm. I have successfully flash bios prema 2.0 but I get blackscreen reboot

Do a CMOS reset...

(Also make sure that you used correct BIOS. SM and SM-A systems are using different BIOS because of hardware changes.)

Hi Prema :D I'm a new member in this forum, I tried to send private msg to u but the system says I need at least 5 posts in forum. I just bought 2 gtx980m, with pci id 1617 and 13D7, I installed them on my alienware M18X R3, but I realised that these two graphic can't enable sli, I tried to swap their position but sli option still not showing in driver setting. Do u have any idea that what can I do to make these two cards enable sli option? please help me :(

You got one GTX980M (the 1617) that was designed for g-sync models. Better exchange it for a 'real' GTX980M (13D7).

Please help me, I need VBios for GTX 860m 4GB. I need to upload something or not ? Please help me, I really need it..

What system do you own? Better ask here: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html

Hi Prema,

I'm planning on buying a laptop based on Clevo W650SJ and wonder whether you are still working on a version of your mod for this particular model or not. https://biosmods.wordpress.com/w650sj/ this page just says 'coming soon'. Is it still planned?

And the other thing I wanted to ask, I've read in reviews that the fan in W650SJ is pretty loud under load, and that it often starts spinning heavily even under light use (like updating software or watching a youtube video) as if there is no 'low RPM cooling' option in the firmware. So the fan is just unnecessarily too aggressive trying to keep the temperature low at all times. Will your mod address any of these issues? Does your mod expose any additional fan-related setting? Or will I at least be able to rise the 'alarm temperature' at which the fan starts to spin up?

Thanks.

Do a CMOS reset...

(Also make sure that you used correct BIOS. SM and SM-A systems are using different BIOS because of hardware changes.)

I have reset the cmos but sometimes i get to the windows but the keyboard does sometimes not work and its shuts off.

Hi Prema,

I'm planning on buying a laptop based on Clevo W650SJ and wonder whether you are still working on a version of your mod for this particular model or not. https://biosmods.wordpress.com/w650sj/ this page just says 'coming soon'. Is it still planned?

And the other thing I wanted to ask, I've read in reviews that the fan in W650SJ is pretty loud under load, and that it often starts spinning heavily even under light use (like updating software or watching a youtube video) as if there is no 'low RPM cooling' option in the firmware. So the fan is just unnecessarily too aggressive trying to keep the temperature low at all times. Will your mod address any of these issues? Does your mod expose any additional fan-related setting? Or will I at least be able to rise the 'alarm temperature' at which the fan starts to spin up?

Thanks.

FAN profiles usually improve with more recent EC revisions, but I don't own any of these models so can't give you first hand impressions.

I'll try to find time to finish up my beta Mod for a formal release...

Is it possible to control Gpu Fan Speed with your Bios in my P151SM1A? Any update for that clevo model scheduled?

The new P15xSM-A Mod is also for your system.

For FAN control use the latest HotKeyApp:

ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P1xxSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

help me Please!

how to set dvmt ?

my bios version is W230SS_33_32_QHD_PM_v1.1

Use the attached Mod version. :)

Do a CMOS reset...

I have reset the cmos but sometimes i get to the windows but the keyboard does sometimes not work and its shuts off.

What is the designed speed of your RAM?

There are a few changes regarding RAM in order to allow it to run at its designed speed. It may have ran under-clocked with your old BIOS.

In BIOS settings "Chipset" > "Memory" section change the "Command Rate" to "2N".

If that isn't enough to stabilize the system either raise the 'first 3 RAM Timings' under "Advanced" > "Performance Tuning" > "RAMOverclocking" (e.g. 11-11-11 to 12-12-12) or lower the RAMspeed manually (e.g. 1866Mhz to 1600Mhz).

W230SS_33_32_QHD_PM_v1.1_DVMT.rar

FAN profiles usually get better with more recent EC revisions, but I don't own any of these models so can't give you first hand impressions.

The new P15xSM-A Mod is also for your system.

For FAN control use the latest HotKeyApp:

ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P1xxSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Use the attached Mod version. :)

What is the designed speed of your RAM? There are a few changes regarding RAM in order to allow it to run at its designed speed. It may have run under-clocked with your old BIOS.

In BIOS settings "Chipset" > "Memory" section change the "Command Rate" to "2N".

If that isn't enough to stabilize the system either raise the 'first 3 RAMTimings' under "Advanced" > "Performance Tuning" > "RAMOverclocking" (e.g. 11-11-11 to 12-12-12) or lower the RAMspeed manually (e.g. 1866Mhz to 1600Mhz).

I can't get to the bios

@ALL Prema Mod for P75xZM and P77xZM has been updated to v2 (I have included Broadwell support (non-Xeon).

ENJOY! :)

I can't get to the bios

If you can get into Windows then you can also get into BIOS...

After a proper CMOS reset the BIOS defaults to non UEFI > Legacy boot mode, there you just press F2 during during boot.

If your keyboard is the culprit use an external one.

FAN profiles usually improve with more recent EC revisions, but I don't own any of these models so can't give you first hand impressions.

Oh, I see. So the last thing thing I'm curious about (I'll just copypaste the comment from the w650sj page on your website): "I have a Eurocom Electra 2 that has a really loud fan. I used a 10 Ohm resistor on the fan to slow it down but BIOS beeps because it think my CPU overheat. CPU is 60C at load.Please make a custom BIOS to disable thermal alarm"

Will it be possible to do with your modded BIOS? Or is it related to EC-firmware too? Sorry if I ask stupid questions, I've never had experience with your mod so I don't know what other functions are exposed aside from the overclocking part.

Thanks.

hey prema, great work!

But I have a problem: After flashing your BIOS for P170SM Windows dont show my Readon R9 M290X as connected, so i cant use it. How can i manually activate it in BIOS or Windows?

Oh, I see. So the last thing thing I'm curious about (I'll just copypaste the comment from the w650sj page on your website): "I have a Eurocom Electra 2 that has a really loud fan. I used a 10 Ohm resistor on the fan to slow it down but BIOS beeps because it think my CPU overheat. CPU is 60C at load.Please make a custom BIOS to disable thermal alarm"

Will it be possible to do with your modded BIOS? Or is it related to EC-firmware too? Sorry if I ask stupid questions, I've never had experience with your mod so I don't know what other functions are exposed aside from the overclocking part.

Thanks.

Nope, that's all done by the EC...

hey prema, great work!

But I have a problem: After flashing your BIOS for P170SM Windows dont show my Readon R9 M290X as connected, so i cant use it. How can i manually activate it in BIOS or Windows?

Switch it off (full shutdown, no hibernation/sleep), disconnect AC Adapter for 30s.

(This also happens when we make an SM-A / SM model cross-flash. Double check that you used the correct BIOS for your model.)

What is changes in vBIOS v1.1? I have now v1 and I need upgrade?

IRC, raised thermal throttle threshold to 92c and adjusted temperature control slider for accurate control 50c-92c.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic