[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hi Prema,

You have been asked before and you said it was coming a few months ago so just asking for an update. Are you still intending to do the vBios mod for the 3GB-GTX970M (specifically for the P650se)

Hi Prema,

You have been asked before and you said it was coming a few months ago so just asking for an update. Are you still intending to do the vBios mod for the 3GB-GTX970M (specifically for the P650se)

Huh? I published that on January the 3rd. As it is device specific it comes with the P6xxSE package right in the OP... ;)

Huh? I published that on January the 3rd. As it is device specific it comes with the P6xxSE package right in the OP... ;)

OK thanks for that...sorry about the dumb question. As I am still waiting for delivery of my P650se I haven't been able to view what's included in the Premamod. Is V1 still the current Bios version?

1.0620v

Thanks. I should have probably been able to work that out myself from NVI :)

One more - is it possible to lower the voltage on your BIOS using SW? NVI seems to crap out when I try to lower it from that above

OK thanks for that...sorry about the dumb question. As I am still waiting for delivery of my P650se I haven't been able to view what's included in the Premamod. Is V1 still the current Bios version?

The Partner Shops already have v2, but public release is always a bit later...so yeah right now v1 is still the latest.

Thanks. I should have probably been able to work that out myself from NVI :)

One more - is it possible to lower the voltage on your BIOS using SW? NVI seems to crap out when I try to lower it from that above

On the fly undervolting is not yet possible on Maxwell vBIOS.

Prema, I'm having problems with XTU's App-Pairing Feature. When desired app is in focus, my overclock settings aren't going into effect properly but those overclock settings work when I use it as the base clock. Can you test this on your end? I'm trying to deduce what the problem is to make sure it isn't the v5 bios that's causing the problem.

P570WM has problems in general with XTU has many values like TDP and Turbo Time are not properly interpreted, that's why they show endless values.

Where can I download the v4 bios? I would like to test to see if it fixes the issue. It use to work. I dunno what happened. My last resort will be to reinstall windows but I want to do this first. This is a very important feature to/for me.

Where can I download the v4 bios? I would like to test to see if it fixes the issue. It use to work. I dunno what happened. My last resort will be to reinstall windows but I want to do this first. This is a very important feature to/for me.

For XTU just try the stock BIOS, it is the older v1.03.06 base.

Anyone seen the latest Sager bios?

For what system? I have seen it... ;)

Which are the differences between V1.4 and V3.0 bios mod for W110er? THANKK YOU :) [i tried to find them but i couldn't]

v1.4 has RAM OC while v3 is based on the latest BIOS and has no RAM OC.

I really have to update that little Monster... :haha:

Except for 980m doesn't work with stock bios which was the reason I used yours to begin with.

So are you confirming that the bios is definitely the reason?

NO, I simply gave you what you asked for.

You wanted an old Mod to test your XTU idea and I told you to use the stock BIOS which uses an older BIOS, too.

(GTX9 cards neither work on v4 Mod nor stock BIOS).

Hi Prema.I instaled gtx 680M Msi card in p170HM.I have big temperatures more than 90C in 3dmark.You can advise me the best vbios for my card.Thanks Lot;)

If you have those temps on stock vBIOS then a Mod won't help. You should repaste the thermal paste and check out the hardware mods thread for cooling tweaks.

Yes i have 90C on stock vbios without oc.Thermal paste i use liquid ultra.I think this is the best paste for my gpu?No problem you help me enough;)

It sounds like you did not apply the paste properly. For liquid ultra you must smear the paste all over every bit of the die prior to putting the heatsink on. You cannot put a dot in the middle and let it spread naturally like you can with a conventional paste.

• Thumbs Up 1

It sounds like you did not apply the paste properly. For liquid ultra you must smear the paste all over every bit of the die prior to putting the heatsink on. You cannot put a dot in the middle and let it spread naturally like you can with a conventional paste.

Actually you could, but it's not advised because it is conductive and can short out other components. Meanwhile, either a bad contact our bad application imo.

Yes i have 90C on stock vbios without oc.Thermal paste i use liquid ultra.I think this is the best paste for my gpu?No problem you help me enough;)

I had the same symptome when i used too less liquid ultra paste. Seems my heatsinks are not 100% "plane" i had to put a little more paste on the die and my temps had immediateley dropped down to maximum 63° GPU during gaming (TitanFall) and 78° CPU running prime95 with -125mV undervolt (W230SS with i7-4710mq)

Liquid ultra/pro is best suited to CPU (CPU's with integrated heat-spreader and copper heat-sinks) use.

For GPU I would go with Liquid pads, which allow for uneven heat-sinks. Easter to install (Just cut to fit) and far less risk of eletrical shorting

• Thumbs Up 1

Liquid ultra/pro is best suited to CPU (CPU's with integrated heat-spreader and copper heat-sinks) use.

For GPU I would go with Liquid pads, which allow for uneven heat-sinks. Easter to install (Just cut to fit) and far less risk of eletrical shorting

False. It's fine for GPU's, but does risk shorting out components, apply carefully and consider using something to seal nearby parts on the video card. If done carefully and correctly, not an issue.

Hi Prema, need some advice:

Installed a 980M SLI kit from Eurocom into my P370EM3. It's all running broadly fine, 2nd card running hot so playing with cooling, also just tipping the 300w PSU limits but all running fairly decent. BIOS says VGA is empty and I had to install .inf modded drivers to get things working as my hardware ID's are a bit odd (SUBSYS 03721558 - 1558 is Clevo but I don't know what model 0372 is).

I wanted to check though, does this kit come with your vBIOS installed on it? I thought it would but I don't think it does; the temp and power controls in NVInspector are locked. Oddly enough it throttles under GPU boost at 88 deg, however in inspector it's locked at 101! vBIOS is 84.04.22.00.12.

So...is it safe to use your MXM vBIOS on this setup to unlock the settings or are things still being ironed out?

I haven't got your BIOS mod installed either - would it be worth it and what benefits would I get?

Cheers!

Roy

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic