[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I would say you either got lucky with the 3920mx or the system throttled it without you noticing... ;)

Heah :P

This is my summary after spending all days on improvement stock air cooling :P

P150em with black I7 on Liquid ultra rulez! :D

This is reason why I am ask the question about my black I7 temps in P370SM-A.

Only on stock frequency I have not a throttling issue.

After brake the x40 multipier range, the temps increase to the hell phase!

On Cinebench R.15 my ,,old,, clevo p150em with 3920xm can do 822points but actually my P370SM-A witch 4930mx it has got 824points!

It is p370sm-a heating problem or watch? I do not understand this...

W230sd might not incorporate the m2 but it might who knows.

I'm happy with

My st, it's nice suits what I need and I can start up my egpu benching in the coming month.

And that's why I came on , do your mod support the ability to egpu?

If you don't know ha, that is fine by me I'm still going to get the hardware and start going crazy with numbers and testing for others out there.

Mpcie is what I plan on ( I can loose my wireless to game at home) I know bottlenecks blah blah but it's something i feel the community needs to see in numbers plus I want to see more cool products and ideas come from people helps me very much

Thanks community kick ass and chew bubblegum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all!

I have notebook w110er. How to flash it so to be able to switching video cards in the BIOS? I try to edit bios with AMIBCP, in parametr "Primary display" i was switch to PEG, but it gives only a black screen, how do I activate the discrete graphics card on permanently? Please, answer... =)

P.S.: sorry for my bad english, i used google-translate.

No one can tell? Only activate the nvidia gt650(for always)...

No one can tell? Only activate the nvidia gt650(for always)...

That's useless since you can't de-activate the iGPU. (Only the iGPU is physically connected to the monitor).

By forcing the dGPU to be enabled at all time you will only end up with the same setup you have right now, but with a lot less battery life and more heat.

Only the driver decides what GPU is used, keeping the dGPU running at all time won't change that.

• 4 weeks later...

OP updated with Prema Mods for P6xxSE & PxxSG as well as v5 for P570WMx (no more .inf Mods for our GTX9xxM folks).

Happy New Year & ENJOY! :)

Hi Prema!

I might have to revert from your BIOS to my stock Firmware for the W650SJ, since I'm returning it to Sager.

The original bios files for this model are not available on your website or on this thread.

Should I use the file "B0306.zip" found on this site? : W65xSJ Series

Should I modify / update EC first?

The file mentionned above contains instructions to flash the BIOS, should I follow these?

Happy new year, and thanks again =)

EDIT : More info from the BIOS, which should help you answer

ME FW Version : 9.1.2.1010

MB Series : W65_67SJ

Bios Version : 1.03.06PM v1

KBC/EC Firmware Revision : 1.03.05

[in the bottom line of the screen] Version : 2.15.1236. Prema Mod (didn't note the rest, but you ask not to redistribute, etc.)

@Lokdal yes that BIOS will return it to stock. smile.png.pagespeed.ce.HpCntQets-.png

@ALL seeing the problems some people experience with the current unlocked Maxwell vBIOS, I decided to release this for the MXM cards after all:

- Power throttle disabled

- Over-voltage slider enabled (up to the maximum of 1.2v)

- Activated thermal slider (to keep it cooler if desired)

- Core overclock slider raise

- Thermal protection activates at 87c (at this point it'll throttle in order to protect the system)

This vBIOS uses stock clocks and voltage and also keeps the stock Turbo functionality intact unless, You decide to overclock/overvolt.

It has been tested over the past 2 months and has proven to not cause any problems on the following CLEVO P-Series systems:

P15xEM

P15xSM

P15xSM-A

P17xEM

P17xSM

P17xSM-A

P370EM

P3xxSM

P3xxSM-A

P570WMx

P75xZM

P77xZM

While it theoretically works for all 8GB / 6GB MXM versions on systems other companies, it is known to NOT fix the throttle issue on Alienware!

Prema Mod vBIOS for CLEVO 8GB MXM version of GTX980M is now HERE in the OP!

(Use NVIDIA Inspector for OC/OV)

ENJOY! :)

EDIT: Will add 6GB CLEVO GTX970M MXM version later tonight EDIT2: DONE, ENJOY! :)

Courtesy of brother "dajimbo":

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3702590

post-1023-14494999049228_thumb.gif

@ALL seeing the problems some people experience with the current unlocked Maxwell vBIOS, I decided to release this for the MXM cards after all:

- Thermal protection activates at 87c (at which point it'll throttle in order to protect the system)

This vBIOS uses stock clocks and voltage and also keeps the stock Turbo functionality intact unless, You decide to overclock/overvolt.

It has been successfully tested for the last 2 months and has proven to not cause any problems on the following CLEVO P-Series systems:

P150EM

P150SM

P150SM-A

P170SM

P170SM-A

P370EM

P3xxSM

P3xxSM-A

P570WMx

P750ZM

P770ZM

While it theoretically works for all 8GB MXM versions on systems other companies and is know not to fix the throttle issue on Alienware!

Wait Prema are you tell me that if i buy the nvidia gtx 980m card i can put on my clevo P150EM and with that vbios and use the card with full power on my laptop ?

Wait Prema are you tell me that if i buy the nvidia gtx 980m card i can put on my clevo P150EM and with that vbios and use the card with full power on my laptop ?

We tested it conjunction with the system BIOS Mod, but yes. :)

prema, i love you :40_002::woot::64::51_002::78::20_003::beauty::17_002::05:

STALKER!:haha:

The V5 p570wm bios has a higher bios number than the stock. Since the bios version number is different (and that same number is not seen for stock), can you return to stock from the V5 bios?

Yes, you can!

@Lokdal yes that BIOS will return it to stock. smile.png.pagespeed.ce.HpCntQets-.png

- Thermal protection activates at 87c (at this point it'll throttle in order to protect the system)

It has been tested over the past 2 months and has proven to not cause any problems on the following CLEVO P-Series systems:

P15xEM

P15xSM

P15xSM-A

P17xSM

P17xSM-A

P370EM

P3xxSM

P3xxSM-A

P570WMx

P75xZM

P77xZM

While it theoretically works for all 8GB MXM versions on systems other companies, it is known to NOT fix the throttle issue on Alienware!

EDIT: Will add 6GB CLEVO GTX970M MXM version later tonight

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930K,Clevo P570WM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13528[/ATTACH]

OMG!!!!! Am I dreaming?????? :D

Sold my p170em with 680m because update took to long. Ordered a np9377 with the 980m. all this new technology and no one has figured how to get 3 external screens with the thunderbolt+HDMI on this notebook.. thought for sure this wouldn't be an issue..

P15xEM

P15xSM

P15xSM-A

P17xSM

P17xSM-A

P370EM

P3xxSM

P3xxSM-A

P570WMx

P75xZM

P77xZM

While it theoretically works for all 8GB MXM versions on systems other companies, it is known to NOT fix the throttle issue on Alienware!

EDIT: Will add 6GB CLEVO GTX970M MXM version later tonight

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930K,Clevo P570WM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13528[/ATTACH]

And the P170-EM?

:concern:

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic