[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Something personal for those who followed the story:

My very dear friend, who had been suffering from cancer, has passed away a couple of days ago...

Thank you ALL for your kind words and prayers!

I'm really sorry for your loss. A big hug from Portugal my friend. :(

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

....Dame Prema!! Im so sorry to hear this! I was so under the impression that they were getting better! IM GUTTED! I wish that there was more that could have been done! My love goes out to you there! XXXX SIGHS !!! All the best man! XXX

• Thumbs Up 1

That's as intended. ENJOY! :)

Try to set it manually with hdparm software.

The voltage options had no measurable effect during beta testing so we ditched them for the public release...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ALL I dropped the Prema Mod BIOS for P75xZM-G and P77xZM-G in the OP.

ENJOY! :)

Something personal for those who followed the story:

My very dear friend, who had been suffering from cancer, has passed away a couple of days ago...

Thank you ALL for your kind words and prayers!

Condolences Prema, so sad to hear but we must stay strong, it is life.. :(

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

for clevo p157sm-a

sir, if i install this bios, do i need to instal vbios too? so far i know this model support up to gtx980m

and which is good to use stock bios or this bios....i'm actually new and do research on this

series and many comment on the web say install prema bios and i don't know what is that and what is the benefit... lastly sorry if it's offense you, no mean to offense you

thanks

I have a feeling that Windows 10 not working nicely with my Optimus is a result of my P157SM having a 970M without the BIOS support. :( Anyone got the same issues?

I'm having the same issue. I have a P150SM and a 970M 6GB. I updated to Windows 10 and nothing seems to use my GPU. The light on the laptop showing if the GPU is powered turns on occasionally but never stays on for more than a couple of seconds. I've tried with the stock BIOS 1.03.05 and Prema Mod BIOS v2 and Prema's 970M vBIOS. I've also tried uninstalling the Intel and Nvidia drivers with DDU and installing them fresh from the websites rather than through Windows Update.

@Prema I have an idea for you to consider. I want to turn my P770ZM into G-Sync ready, I have the display, eDP port, but the incomplete 980M Clevo sold me when they could have sold me a complete 980M that wasn't gimped.

Is it possible to mod the G-Sync VBIOS by changing device ID from 1617 to 13D7? I know Clevo were dickheads by gimping my 980M with voltage resistor changes, but would this possibly circumvent this asinine problem?

Thanks

Thanks @ Everyone for your kind words!

for clevo p157sm-a

sir, if i install this bios, do i need to instal vbios too? so far i know this model support up to gtx980m

and which is good to use stock bios or this bios....i'm actually new and do research on this

series and many comment on the web say install prema bios and i don't know what is that and what is the benefit... lastly sorry if it's offense you, no mean to offense you

thanks

I would suggest the Mod BIOS and if there is a vBIOS Mod for your current GPU model flash that, too. All Mods come with a 'README' file with instructions...

I'm having the same issue. I have a P150SM and a 970M 6GB. I updated to Windows 10 and nothing seems to use my GPU. The light on the laptop showing if the GPU is powered turns on occasionally but never stays on for more than a couple of seconds. I've tried with the stock BIOS 1.03.05 and Prema Mod BIOS v2 and Prema's 970M vBIOS. I've also tried uninstalling the Intel and Nvidia drivers with DDU and installing them fresh from the websites rather than through Windows Update.

Try to update the Intel GPU driver to latest version manually...

@Prema I have an idea for you to consider. I want to turn my P770ZM into G-Sync ready, I have the display, eDP port, but the incomplete 980M Clevo sold me when they could have sold me a complete 980M that wasn't gimped.

Is it possible to mod the G-Sync VBIOS by changing device ID from 1617 to 13D7? I know Clevo were dickheads by gimping my 980M with voltage resistor changes, but would this possibly circumvent this asinine problem?

Thanks

If you already have a ZM system with supported screen, then all you need is a g-sync GPU (and of course also use the g-sync system BIOS).

The resistor change on the MXM board does one thing and one thing only, change the devices hardware ID, but this ID change can not be done via vBIOS.

All as per nVIDIA MXM design spec (same as with Quadro cards), nothing Clevo could have done here.

There are people who got g-sync GPUs by mistake, maybe someone wants to swap to get a 'real' GTX980M from you in return:

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/3119-%5Bbios-vbios-mods%5D-prema-mod-stock-297.html#post140257

After updating to W10 you need to use a driver with modified .inf-file (LaptopVideo2Go: Drivers). But before you can install it you have to disable the driver signature enforcement (how do I disable driver signature enforcement win W10 preview? - Microsoft Community).

That does the trick for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Prema :D I'm a new member in this forum, I tried to send private msg to u but the system says I need at least 5 posts in forum. I just bought 2 gtx980m, with pci id 1617 and 13D7, I installed them on my alienware M18X R3, but I realised that these two graphic can't enable sli, I tried to swap their position but sli option still not showing in driver setting. Do u have any idea that what can I do to make these two cards enable sli option? please help me :(

I'll trade. I have a 13D7 and want your 1617.

Try to update the Intel GPU driver to latest version manually...

After updating to W10 you need to use a driver with modified .inf-file (LaptopVideo2Go: Drivers). But before you can install it you have to disable the driver signature enforcement (how do I disable driver signature enforcement win W10 preview? - Microsoft Community).

Thank you so much! Optimus now works properly. I have been trying to get it to work ever since I upgraded.

@1337lutz If you're still having the problem, the method that worked for me was to:

1. Uninstall both graphics drivers with DDU with reboots in between

2. Install Intel's driver 15.40.4.64.4256 first with the Have Disk method and reboot

3. Install the modded .inf Nvidia driver 353.75 and reboot

EDIT: I installed the modded .inf driver with the Have Disk method as well.

@Prema is there a way to just flash your bios? I have just gotten the new ec and me from eurocom version 501/1008 I wanted to see if I can still use your bios with them

Thanks!

We can always just flash a newer EC on its own after the Mod has been flashed (only do that after a full shutdown/reboot cycle).

@ ALL

I have just updated the GTX9xxM vBIOS Mods to v1.1.1:

- minor bug fixes (e.g. voltage slider on GTX970M didn't level on certain ASIC cards)

- Updated nVflash Mod to v5.227 (proper W10 & mobile Maxwell Quadro support) THX [MENTION=119]Mr. Fox[/MENTION] for testing!

I have also added GTX980M-G, GTX970M-G & GTX965M-G vBIOS Mods, so that people with g-sync models can now also ENJOY the unleashed power of their GPUs! :)

@HTWingNut can surely share some of his nice results! THX again for testing buddy! :)

@ ALL

I have just updated the GTX9xxM vBIOS Mods to v1.1.1:

- minor bug fixes (e.g. voltage slider on GTX970M didn't level on certain ASIC cards)

- Updated nVflash Mod to v5.227 (proper W10 & mobile Maxwell Quadro support) THX @Mr. Fox for testing!

I have also added GTX980M-G, GTX970M-G & GTX965M-G vBIOS Mods, so that people with g-sync models can now also ENJOY the unleashed power of their GPUs! :)

@HTWingNut can surely share some of his nice results! THX again for testing buddy! :)

@Prema flashed your vBIOS... Voltage still sticks at 1.006V... My ASIC is 66.4% on this new card... old card was 64% and it still did 0.95V... I saw your post about the ASIC affecting voltages however when I checked voltage in GPU-Z, it said higher ASIC means lower stock voltage... So in that sense, shouldn't this range of 65-70% mean that the lower stock voltage is allowed? Not trying to argue or anything but can't anything be done about this? Higher voltages are straining my cooling system... temps are up like by 10C compared to my old card....

@Prema flashed your vBIOS... Voltage still sticks at 1.006V... My ASIC is 66.4% on this new card... old card was 64% and it still did 0.95V... I saw your post about the ASIC affecting voltages however when I checked voltage in GPU-Z, it said higher ASIC means lower stock voltage... So in that sense, shouldn't this range of 65-70% mean that the lower stock voltage is allowed? Not trying to argue or anything but can't anything be done about this? Higher voltages are straining my cooling system... temps are up like by 10C compared to my old card....

An ASIC of 66.5% would use one step lower voltage and use 0.993v (this is also what my vBIOS is set to). The reason you saw 0.950v on your old card was probably due to voltage being throttled.

Voltage can only be be permanently undervolted, no on-the-fly changes, yet.

An ASIC of 66.5% would use one step lower voltage and use 0.993v (this is also what my vBIOS is set to). The reason you saw 0.950v on your old card was probably due to voltage being throttled.

Voltage can only be be permanently undervolted, no on-the-fly changes, yet.

Prema my friend, It goes to 1.006V at the lowest amount... When I try to reduce to 1.0V still stays stuck at 1.006V.. I'm using EVGA Precision X.... No such problems when overvolting, that works fine... I thought this might be a problem with the old BIOS due to an inproper/not complete flash however this new BIOS has same problem...

There is NO undervolting via software. Your card automatically picks higher than vBIOS base voltage because of its 0.1% too low ASIC score.

If you want lower voltage than your cards default, then you need to force it via a special Mod.

There is NO undervolting via software. Your card automatically picks higher than vBIOS base voltage because of its 0.1% too low ASIC score.

If you want lower voltage than your cards default, then you need to force it via a special Mod.

Do you mean a special vBIOS? I have no idea about doing anything about that... Wouldn't mind giving a beer or so if you could help me...

Thanks,

Tom

Did you resolve your issue yet?

I used a .inf file and installed the latest driver. But it still did not use the card, weird thing is, Photoshop CC 2015 is the ONLY and I repeat ONLY program that uses it, even when I try to force 3D apps in the nvidia control panel.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much! Optimus now works properly. I have been trying to get it to work ever since I upgraded.

@1337lutz If you're still having the problem, the method that worked for me was to:

2. Install Intel's driver 15.40.4.64.4256 first with the Have Disk method and reboot

Sorry i just read your post, I will try to do so when I get the time :D

EDIT: Upgrading to Windows 10 once again, as we speak.

When I go to devie manager -> Select a folder on disk -> it tells me: the best driver has already been installed (Microsoft Basic display adapter)

EDIT: Nvm i found out what the Have Disk method was.

EDIT 2: Damn, my benchmark scores went up by almost 1000 points.

Hey Prema,I have your last EC and BIOS for P150EMBut I want to change the Windows Key from right to left. Do I have to uninstall your BIOS and then install the other one or can I install it on top of everything?Best regards,

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic