BIOS Questions and Suggestions

Hey guys,

I am trying to get sense of issues with any of the unlocked versions as well as compatibility. Just wanted to know from experience how the unlocked A10 is working or any issues before I flash.

Also any experiences using other/older versions and your suggestions. I'm looking for the most stability as well as any updated features and don't want to run into a bad scenario. Thanks guys!

Well, just got a bad new for all M18x-R2 user: A08/A09/A10 BIOS is unstable.

Blc if you try to swich the video cards from discrete graphics to Intel HD graphics,it will give 8 sounds alarm when reboot.(which is the reboot after you press Fn+F7)

If you got situation like that, the only thing you can do is take out the battery on the motherboard.

So, what mine suggestions is degradation your BIOS to A03.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, just got a bad new for all M18x-R2 user: A08/A09/A10 BIOS is unstable.

Blc if you try to swich the video cards from discrete graphics to Intel HD graphics,it will give 8 sounds alarm when reboot.(which is the reboot after you press Fn+F7)

If you got situation like that, the only thing you can do is take out the battery on the motherboard.

So, what mine suggestions is degradation your BIOS to A03.

Thanx That helped, I ran into the issue and was forced to downgrade lol I switched internel graphics and sure enough 8 beep error code and wouldnt even boot after I tried clearing BIOS. Now is there any issues with the A03 custom BIOS? Because I have a 3840QM and with the custom BIOS it lets me tweak it a bit further then stock considering it aint unlocked but I can still hit 4.4 with a Bios overclock.

- - - Updated - - -

Another Issue I ran into with A10 is I wasnt getting sound over HDMI Out port, laptop sound worked perfect though... Flashed back and fine...