Nvidia GTX Titan SLI

Conker

Nvidia GTX Titan SLI or as @Brian says "Damn you Conkers!"

post-1291-14494994435273_thumb.jpg

So there it is, the real successor of the GTX580 chip, how much rumour was out there over the months.

Nvidia broke my resistance, I had to buy at least one card. I managed to get two of those beasts, I know the price is ridiculous but for a triple display setup it's totally worth it.

The cards are working in my Xigmatek case along with the GTX670, which is now dedicated to Physx.

At the time Intel will release Haswell processors, I'll move the cards in a smaller case with an mATX board.

My Xigmatek Elysium case is reserved for another project, which I will show to you at a later date, maybe by the end of this week or next week.

Comparison: Asus MarsII vs Asus GTX Titan vs Asus GTX670 DCII Top

post-1291-14494994435591_thumb.jpg

System overview:

post-1291-14494994436519_thumb.jpg

Benchmark results:

[email protected]|GTX Titan SLI@997/1036/1502 (core/boost/memory)

all screenshots viewable on SkyDrive link below

3DMark (2013):

Ice Storm: 174921

Cloud Gate: 37593

Fire Strike: 15669

Fire Strike Extreme: 9056 (9999GPUscore damn :upset:)

3DMark11:

Entry: 26584

Performance: 22121

Extreme: 10498

3DMark Vantage:

Entry: 94976

Performance: 60240

Extreme: 48495

Unigine Heaven:

Extreme: 3350 / 133.0FPS

Unigine Valley:

ExtremeHD: 5061 / 121.0FPS

Full resolution pics and benchmarks: Click here

post-1291-14494994434708_thumb.jpg

post-1291-14494994436149_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

• Founder

@ConkersGrillforce1337 DAMN YOU CONKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) That's a sweet setup, I like the dual PSUs, I may opt for a bigger case in the future and do the same if I ever go extreme (custom WC + SLI). Always good to have a dedicated supply for the graphics, I used to do the same back in the day. Man I'd love to have a Titan but the price for one costs half as much as my system lol! I think those two titans you bought cost almost as much as my entire rig + display hahaha! I'm going to be creating some more desktop subforums to expand the scope of T|I's audience some more since you, me, @svl7, @Jimbo all have desktops now.

• Thumbs Up 1

To do list:

1. Keep looking at picture of stacked titans.

2. Summon hatred.

3. Nurture burning coal of jealousy.

4. Fan the flames of revolution.

5. Lead horde to Switzerland.

6. Claim Titans in bloody coup.

7. :Banane48:

Now THAT is a desktop. :D

Can't wait to see more benches, builds and ideas, hope they treat you well.

• Thumbs Up 5

Benchmark scores updated :47_002:

Can't wait to see more benches, builds and ideas, hope they treat you well.

Oh yes, they do :cool: every game runs smoothly at 6040x1200 :D

@ConkersGrillforce1337 DAMN YOU CONKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) That's a sweet setup, I like the dual PSUs, I may opt for a bigger case in the future and do the same if I ever go extreme (custom WC + SLI). Always good to have a dedicated supply for the graphics, I used to do the same back in the day. Man I'd love to have a Titan but the price for one costs half as much as my system lol! I think those two titans you bought cost almost as much as my entire rig + display hahaha! I'm going to be creating some more desktop subforums to expand the scope of T|I's audience some more since you, me, @svl7, @Jimbo all have desktops now.

hahaha, yes the price is insane :moneygrubber:

Good work with improving/expanding the desktop part of T|I forums :congratulatory:

I see a turbine type fans. Smaller than fans on other GPUs... interesting how good they are?

The fans are good or better to say the combination of vapor chamber and radial fan is a good choice :D

The disadvantage of radial fans is well known...noise increases significantly with increasing RPM :indecisiveness:

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got my first Titan couple weeks ago and looking to pick up #2 ASAP.

One question. Do you play borderlands 2 and if so I'm finding I can't max everything out including PhysX on High and keep a solid 60fps in the high action parts, which is like most of the time. I'd like to hear your experiences with 2 Titans if you play that game of course.

@TimeLord84: Hi, cool to see somebody else with two GTX Titans on T|I :congratulatory:

I do not own Borderlands or Borderlands 2, but Metro2033, which also makes heavy demands on PhysX, I have in my Steam games library. There I can find no problems, even under high load graphics and PhysX.;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Close enough, shipping to Gallifrey must be a bitch. ;)

As for your BL2 issues, I could swear I've seen benches of titans pulling 150+fps. I know a guy with dual titans and a dell U3011 who owns BL2, let me know what res you're running and I'll ask him to do a test.

• Founder
Well I have a single Titan right now and with PhysX on High I get drops down to 25fps @ 1080p. I'm planning on a second card but shouldn't be necessary to play something like that at 1080..

Even a single 680 shouldn't drop you that low let alone a Titan. Something is up with your configuration.

Do you have any suggestions by chance? I've tried stock clocks and voltages for everything, CPU, GPU, and few other little things but yeah I'm stumped and a little pissed...

This is the first computer that I built but still a computer build is really simple and everything's running normally and my 3Dmarks are on par with similar setups too.

• Founder

I'd take the money under the premise I'm buying AMD hardware but then claim the store was out of it and I ended up with...a SECOND TITAN!

Where are you going to be posting your benches?? I'm interested in comparisons that I can use to gauge where I'm at performance wise in games like Crysis 3, which I play Very High except Shadows and Shading on Medium and with 2X SMAA to get the best performance.. Obviously I'd love to see some comparatives in Borderlands 2 hopefully but yeah I'm definitely interested in checking out your benches and whatnot.