what will you do

lummujaj

Money wise maybe, I'm not a Big fan of asus notebooks so I would probably do it then sell the macbook and buy Coke. Or a pretty little horse.

• Thumbs Up 1

You could make the change, but first check it well... there may be a catch to this trade. But if it is a decent macbook pro, then make the trade, sell it and buy the asus g75vx with spare money... i think, post ALL of the specs and I'll give oyu a rough selling price

Depends on what are you using your notebook for. I have a G75 myself and I am loving it. My 660m is overclocking like hell, the build quality is incredible too, the looks are just off the chart... I have never tested a Mac Book Pro. If you want to transport your notebook every single day then the G75 is a little bit bulkier than the Mac. I also do not know how about the battery life of a Mac Book Pro but the Asus lasts 3hs while doing Office work in power save mode. Obviously it is your choice but as haby001 says, you should take a good look on specs too in order to make a decision.

• 2 months later...

MBP are insanely overpriced, I agree with the posters above that if you wanted to get some return on your current notebook trade and sell the MBP. If you ever go on craigslist mac products are what everyone wants to buy. Although if you plan on using it the only reason I would go for a MBP is if you needed a specific software that only runs on Mac for work/school or a hobby. My friend has a MBP with the 650m and SSD 32gb ram etc etc and hates it for gaming. (he plays kerbel space program and it runs terribly lol.)

One thing that everybody forgot about is the cooling. Asus is specially designed for gaming. You wont get unlocked bios flashing abilities and good cooling in Macbook pro. If you want to use it for any other purposes. Make the trade. It's lighter then Asus, has a way better battery life. Good luck on the decision making.

• 8 months later...

If You need more mobility and less weight compare to performance mbp is what You need. But if You need high performance in games everywhere You want so g75 will be a better choice. And its upgradeability as fore laptop is outstanding!

• 2 months later...
I had a MBP 2012 along with a g75.... i tried playing games on MBP and went immediately back to the g75 but.. I also say you should do what the above posters stated.. people all want apple

I don't understand why, I have a Mac Air (work supplied for support work) and I hate it. The entire OS seems to require more steps to do what I need to do.

• 1 month later...