Prema Mod BIOS GPU OC Edition for MSI GE-Series

Hello, i want to flash unlocked bios to my GE60 OND (GTX660m) but i'm using Windows 10 on my notebook. Can i do that and which one i sholud try? Another queestion: How can i control fan speed? Because the fan sound is very irritating. Thanks a lot.

• Bios Modder
7 hours ago, gkhn said:

Hello, i want to flash unlocked bios to my GE60 OND (GTX660m) but i'm using Windows 10 on my notebook. Can i do that?

Yes of course.

7 hours ago, gkhn said:

and which one i sholud try? 

It depends only on which operating system has been installed on your laptop by default. It does not matter which operating system you use now.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
41 minutes ago, gkhn said:

Unfortunately it was free dos (had no OS on it) when i bought it. (sorry for English)

Well. This means that you need flash version for Windows 7.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Klem said:

Well. This means that you need flash version for Windows 7.

Thanks again Klem. And is there any way to slow fan speed on this model? You didn't mention that in your previous reply. I'm trying to flash bios now.

• Bios Modder
2 minutes ago, gkhn said:

And is there any way to slow fan speed on this model?

Fan adjustments MSI placed in EC firmware (not in bios), and we can't control it in bios.

I think that you can try use this program: 

5 minutes ago, Klem said:

Fan adjustments MSI placed in EC firmware (not in bios), and we can't control it in bios.

I think that you can try use this program: 

I tried that program with all settings but it didn't help me at all... Nothing.

People are saying they can control MSI notebooks fans with this mod (bios?), i'm reading this thread but i'm not very hopeful...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/force-fans-to-go-faster.645070/

You need to use RW-Everything and load the cpu/gpu and find the EC address that changes when the fan pitch changes, that will be the address that controls the duty cycle of the fans, almost all Asus laptops use address 151 for this, but every maker will have different values, and dont assume each make only as one address, assume each model is different.

Its a bit of a PITA do discover the values that control the fan pwm, and you might get some BSOD when you try to change the wrong ones, worst case scenario, you might fry something, because the EC might be controlling some voltage regs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Bios Modder
5 hours ago, techie said:

If I flash this BIOS, can i revert to stock BIOS?

Yes, of course.

5 hours ago, techie said:

Will the Windows 8 key deleted?

No.

• Guest locked this topic