Prema Mod BIOS GPU OC Edition for MSI GE-Series

Please post a GPU-z screenshot. And NvidiaInspector screenshot too.

thanks for the quick repy

this is the image of gpu-z

post-12932-14494995948897_thumb.png

nvidia inspector

post-12932-14494995949088_thumb.jpg

was able to see a guide for forcing nvidia inspector to oc by changing the values here 660M using Nvidia Inspector ?

tried to do it and was able to get this post-12932-14494995949289_thumb.jpg

but even with the high numbers of OC result numbers shown, the coreclock still throttle to 1085 benching with heaven benchmark 4.0. Any other Ideas how to get past the throttle?

thanks for the quick repy

this is the image of gpu-z

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8707[/ATTACH]

nvidia inspector

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8708[/ATTACH]

So you haven't flashed Prema's BIOS. GPU-z says that your video BIOS is not modded. You need to try again. All commands should be launched in Windows (I assume) from 1 to 3. I assume you already have the latest 514 BIOS.

EDIT: I am wrong about GPU-z bios. Perhaps you already flashed right. But anyway try it again to make sure.

Time for me :D

GE70 - i5-3210m + GTX 660M

In stress only gpu, the highest temperature is 82C (without modding notebook), I removed bottom part and used 230mm cooler 600rpm (Cooler Master Notepal E1)

Core 1200MHz

Memory 3000MHz

to6d.png

uG9bXJg.png

I will use new paste (Gelid GC-Extreme is the best :) ) and use some thermopad on heatsink with aluminium elements, because my Notepal E1 can do more with this extra "home radiator" :D

Maybe I will get less than 75C with OC.

Any idea how much ambient temps affect the ge60? I have a ge60 0NC with a 650m. At home when playing CS:Go I'm hitting 84C, it's probably around 75F in the room I have to play in. Here at work I can't play CS:GO enough to see what temps it's getting to but the office is probably around 62 degrees. I was able to run 3dmark and furmark and the temps never went over 75C. Think I could chalk that up to ambient temps? The reason I'm interested is, I want to overclock my 650M but I'm already worried that it's hitting too high of temps, I did hit 87C at one point while playing.

Thanks!

Ambient temp effect it very much. Very very. But you can drill holes is the bottom of laptop for example or just take off bottom cover, although it is not comfortable at work. Maybe a cooling stand like Notepal U2? Try to put a book under it without blocking holes ad check how max temp has changed.

guys need help, when try to flash the bios on the freeDOS, when i input flash, it says "remove floppy drive B:" another line "insert floppy drive A:" another line "press any key to continue...", I used a 4GB flashdrive? do you think it's because the flash drive is 4GB? i don't have any other flash drive to test, thanks, can i burn the files into a CD or DVD, then boot from it?

BTW guys, i've already fix my problem, my flashdrive is assigned to drive letter path c:. that's why i cannot flash the bios in b: thanks @Prema for this mod! works great for me! gpu boost is working, i've got a ge60 windows 7 bios.. i've got 80c @1005mhz core and 2500mhz memory..

• 2 weeks later...
What's differences are in w8 and no-w8 bios? One of them is better?
if you both your ge60 or ge70 with pre installed win-7 never use windows 8 bios vice-versa.. it might brick your system. regarding which is better, i think i will perform the same.. if both bios were unlocked

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

overvolting as well as gains of it are different in each case while Prema did mods which fit everybody from noob to expert as a sign of a goodwill. I believe if you really want a mod with overvolting you have to ask Prema, svl7 or Klem for mod by donating. I heard svl7 can even disable temperature throttling. Or you can post in request thread but be sure that 95% chance is that you never get it from there.

• Guest locked this topic