Prema Mod BIOS GPU OC Edition for MSI GE-Series

Great job. But where's the download link?

And fix dat:

This is 650m and 660m, am I right? :3

YES & Sorry, I had fixed the typos & links immediately and hit save, but the Internet connection failed for hours and it apparently had not yet updated...

...Thanks and I bet folks are waiting for a Prema Overvolt Edition:P

...Overvolt edition bios will be really fantastic thing. But I'm afraid it will not work on ge series due to low cool system.

If the cooling is anywhere near the Clevo W-Series it should be no problem, but doing an overvolt for a system that I don't own to test...I may need a longer chat with gpu guru SVL7 first. ;)

Thank you, Prema, and maybe you can unlock fan control ln nvinspector or anything else?

Fans are controlled by the EC, not the vBIOS...

I am glad you are all happy! :)

Hello, and whether the work of the GPU Boost technology from Nvidia for your BIOS settings for the GT60-0NC win8 UEFI? With native BIOS overclocking is not working and the GPU Boost technology.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6200[/ATTACH]Prema, Help me, if you try to flash the bios GE60_E16GAIMS.513_WIN8_OC an error

What's your current bios version?

"/CAPSULE flag" please explain.

I dont understand. What is my mistake?

unzip the "FLASH.nsh" file from the attached archive and overwrite the one provided in the mod BIOS.

That should solve the issue. Please let us know so we can save others some trouble. ;)

EDIT: Removed attachment

(/CAPSULE not enough to circumvent security in this case...)

Hello, and whether the work of the GPU Boost technology from Nvidia for your BIOS settings for the GT60-0NC win8 UEFI? With native BIOS overclocking is not working and the GPU Boost technology.
problem: not work GPU BOOST & OVERCLOCK (GT-650m - always 745mhz)

All hope on Prema....

EDIT: OK, now I understand: the Turbo Boost doesn't work on stock vBIOS at all...LOL.

That's no problem once you use the mod you can raise the 3D clocks higher than stock Turbo Boost clocks:

post-1023-144949944319_thumb.jpg

"FLASH.zip" not help... "18-error: unable to start a secure flash session"

OK, the MSI WIN8 security requires the BIOS to be flashed in a way, which I would have liked to avoid...I have pulled the WIN8 versions for the time being and will put something together once I find the time...

EDIT: alextech3110, check your PM for an alternative flash test

So this will disable native turboboost? mine ups to about 800mhz without afterburner. I am using a MSI GE60 with a GT 650m VC. I also noticed that your mod is for GTX 650m, is this the same as mine? :) lastly, if i decide that i would want to go back to stock BIOS, can i do that? will there be any difficulties? thanks!

So this will disable native turboboost? mine ups to about 800mhz without afterburner. I am using a MSI GE60 with a GT 650m VC. I also noticed that your mod is for GTX 650m, is this the same as mine? :) lastly, if i decide that i would want to go back to stock BIOS, can i do that? will there be any difficulties? thanks!

The stock BIOS has a broken Turbo Boost function, but that's because of MSI/NVIDIA and has nothing to do with the mod.

YES you can just install stock BIOS again if you feel like.

Works like a gem! :) Great Work! :) am currently stress testing. any max values you could recommend?

Edit: after some rounds of stress testing, i found that mt turboboost works. OCing by 245 mhz boosted me to a whopping 1080mhz. making the base 845, which was the turboboosted value i had at stock. i thought that i should give you a heads up @Prema. mines a GE60 with a 650m btw. oh and is 90 degrees max good? :)

• Guest locked this topic