New g75vw issue..

dac2k5

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased a new g75vw, which came preloaded with windows 8. I proceeded to downgrade to windows 7 (on an added 128gb samsung 830 ssd), which proved to be quite the task in itself. During this task, I updated the BIOS from 217 -> 223... Windows eventually got installed through a USB, and could not boot under SATA setting of AHCI. Running the computer in IDE worked, but I wanted the benefit of AHCI.. so today I figured I'd research and try to figure out. I eventually got to the point of resetting to "factory defaults".. low and behold, now the computer instantly boots to bios. It -will not- boot anything else, it doesn't show either hard drive or cd drive in the boot options (though they show in the sata configuration page). I can get a USB stick to show in the boot menu and options but it own't boot those, it just goes right back to the BIOS..

Help?

Dustin

• 2 months later...

If your BIOS has safe boot you will first have to disable that. Second is to enable legacy boot, or in Asus' case i think it's like PXoE or something.

Dug this up from a different forums:

- Enter the BIOS setup menu by pressing and holding F2 key when powering on.

- Switch to "Boot" and set “Launch CSM” to Enabled.

- Switch to "Security" and set "Secure Boot Control" to Disabled.

- Press F10 to save and exit.

- Press and hold ESC key to lunch boot menu when the notebook restarts.

Source: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26826-Windows-8-Automatic-Repair-Loop-%28G75%29&

• 4 weeks later...

when i first got my g75vw, i spent afew hours trying to figure out how to get it boot into win7. i had no access to the internet during that time either so i had to play with the bios.

but the instructions above should solve the booting into windows7 problem.