Upgrading M14x r1 with intel 520 SSD

babajista

Hello, i'm planning to upgrade my m14x with intel 520 series SSD (240GB)

And I have some questions,

1) Will the ssd work? is it compatible?

2) I have seen the thread about the A08 fixed BIOS, wil they work with this SSD and will I feel the difference?

3) should i re-install windows from the original CD? I have windows 7 home premium, and im perfectly fine with it,

I just want to know if I'll have some sort of performance boost from, lets say, windows 7 pro.

4) I understand that the first thing after installing windows, I should uninstall Intel rapid storage utility, is that right?

Hope evrything will go ok and ill post some performance tests after that, If you have some more advices I'll be happy to know,

was trying to get through the posts but there are so much technical data that i dont understand, so Im asking here again.

Im mainly use my PC for stuff like solidworks, mathematica and all sorts of other engineering programs (I'm a student)..

Other students say that it's funny that I bought a gaming PC for studies, but when they see my 3 years old laptop running

solidworks better then their new PCs, it's worth it :orange:

Thank you in advance.

• 2 months later...

Is it suggested that you uninstall/don't reinstall the intel rapid storage technology driver after changing from a hard drive to an ssd? Would leaving it on your system cause problems? Why should you remove it?