Gt70 Ms-1762 Bios Chip

ender91

Hi everybody,

Do the Gt70 Ms-1762 (barebone) have a Bios chip that is soldered directly to the mainboard or is it in a socket so i could remove it?

i found a german website, where i can buy a bios chip with the bios that i want on it, so i said i have a unlocked bios file, they told me that that is no problem but they need to know the number on the bios chip and if the bios chip can be removed from the mainbord, if anybody opened his laptop completely and know it, that would be nice if he told me ^^ sry for my poor english but i think everybody knows what i want to say.

it's for 100% soldered but ofcourse can be replaced but with hot Air station or something similar

why you neeed to replace it ? MSI doesn't start ? then you can disassembly and check what S/N or whatever you need to buy new bios chip

It should be an 8-pin chip so no hot air station needed, the easiest and probably the safest way is to use an exacto knife to cut of the legs from the chip and then use tweezers to hold a leg with and at the same time put the soldering iron to it and lift it of WITHOUT any force so you dont lift any pads, then do the same to the rest of the legs.

Clean the pads with isopropanol and put a bit of solder to the pads, apply flux and the new bios chip in place

then some flux to the legs and solder the legs in place one at a time,

Since it's an 8-pin chip a heat gun is overkill and you could end up with lifted pads when the epoxy gets to hot which is BAD.

To get to the chip you'll need to take it completely appart and locate it on the side of the motherboard which is under the keyboard,

Don't forget to disconnect the CMOS battery cable.

The BIOS chip can be found on ebay for around 20$

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
It should be an 8-pin chip so no hot air station needed, the easiest and probably the safest way is to use an exacto knife to cut of the legs from the chip and then use tweezers to hold a leg with and at the same time put the soldering iron to it and lift it of WITHOUT any force so you dont lift any pads, then do the same to the rest of the legs.

Clean the pads with isopropanol and put a bit of solder to the pads, apply flux and the new bios chip in place

then some flux to the legs and solder the legs in place one at a time,

Since it's an 8-pin chip a heat gun is overkill and you could end up with lifted pads when the epoxy gets to hot which is BAD.

To get to the chip you'll need to take it completely appart and locate it on the side of the motherboard which is under the keyboard,

Don't forget to disconnect the CMOS battery cable.

The BIOS chip can be found on ebay for around 20$

Greetings you know what will be exact location of the BIOS chip on the motherboard