Bios Dell Inspiron 7720SE unlock all menu

Sounds interesting, but do you have any more information and the bios itself? That's just a random screenshot of a bios setup... not even the model is displayed.

Who modified it? Source?

Worst case - write in Russian, I'll understand :-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

English version here: http://forum.techinferno.com/dell-inspiron-dell-studio/2193-dell-inspiron-7720-650m-gddr5-modded-vbios-19.html

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds interesting, but do you have any more information and the bios itself? That's just a random screenshot of a bios setup... not even the model is displayed.

Who modified it? Source?

opened mod and recovery instructions are made by Olehkh

• Thumbs Up 1

Some news from my new Mainboard, its off topic, but should help everyone with termal issues:

I tried some gaming and the Notebook always shut down after few seconds. I checked the temperature and saw that it climbed up to 95°C and then shut down.

I dissasembled the Notebook and saw the mess... The repair guy didn´t apply any thermal greas!!Such a stupid idiot! I applied some of my good silver thermal grease and could now play games more than a few seconds ;)

But at this point i noticed, that my temperatures where still climbing up to 80-90°C on GPU. I dissasembled again and checked the GPU. I saw that the grease wasn´t even on the cooler, on one side it was much thiker, so something was wrong with the cooler mounting. At first i though that the thermal pads from the video memory where pushing the cooler to much up. So i squeezed them and checked again with new grease. Issue was still the same.

Then i checked the mounting points from the GPU cooler and found the issue: The GPU Cooler has 3 mounting points, one of them is soldered to the mainboard (i think its point with #5). And this mounting point is higher than the other 2! So i could screw the cooler tight as i can, but it never would sit evenly on the GPU and causing overheat or high temps... I solved the problem. It sounds gross but works: I took a Dremel with a grinding pad and removed about 0,5mm Material from the mountin point. Then applied new grease and checked the fitment. The cooler sits now absolutely tight on the GPU and my temps dropped to 60°C on full load (overclocked to 970mhz) and 40-50°C at idle. The fan is now most time off when im browsing the internet or just reading files. The mounting points on this Motherboard are total fail!!! But now its win ;-))

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Some news from my new Mainboard, its off topic, but should help everyone with termal issues:

I tried some gaming and the Notebook always shut down after few seconds. I checked the temperature and saw that it climbed up to 95°C and then shut down.

I dissasembled the Notebook and saw the mess... The repair guy didn´t apply any thermal greas!!Such a stupid idiot! I applied some of my good silver thermal grease and could now play games more than a few seconds ;)

But at this point i noticed, that my temperatures where still climbing up to 80-90°C on GPU. I dissasembled again and checked the GPU. I saw that the grease wasn´t even on the cooler, on one side it was much thiker, so something was wrong with the cooler mounting. At first i though that the thermal pads from the video memory where pushing the cooler to much up. So i squeezed them and checked again with new grease. Issue was still the same.

Then i checked the mounting points from the GPU cooler and found the issue: The GPU Cooler has 3 mounting points, one of them is soldered to the mainboard (i think its point with #5). And this mounting point is higher than the other 2! So i could screw the cooler tight as i can, but it never would sit evenly on the GPU and causing overheat or high temps... I solved the problem. It sounds gross but works: I took a Dremel with a grinding pad and removed about 0,5mm Material from the mountin point. Then applied new grease and checked the fitment. The cooler sits now absolutely tight on the GPU and my temps dropped to 60°C on full load (overclocked to 970mhz) and 40-50°C at idle. The fan is now most time off when im browsing the internet or just reading files. The mounting points on this Motherboard are total fail!!! But now its win ;-))

Can you explain which mount is higher (or point it in a picture). Because I have the same issue. I want to bring my Dell to the warranty technician and explain to him, so he could fix it for me. I could do it myself, but it would void the warranty.

Thanks!

edit:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-inspiron-dell-studio/690746-complet-photo-disamble-7720-a.html

is this mount that you;re talking about? :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27694046/img3292a.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...