M18x: Is the nVidia GTX 580M the reason for the delayed release? (speculation)

I cant find (and I have been looking) any information on the 580m anywhere. So, I dont think this is the case. The 485m was only recently released too and could easily have been called the 580m.

Do you have any info on what the 580m could be?

-Ash

Nice find Stam, that's great the 500 series will improve upon the 400 series. Maybe it's is going to be released with M18x so how would it go? What would be greater 485m, 580M or AMD 6970M? Throw crossfire and SLI in and how does that work. Could a theoretical 580M be in SLI in a laptop? Or is 485M the highest mobile nvidia Sli config? What would a 580M take in wattage? I think there is something holding the M18x's release back for sure. Could be trying to work a agreement on some other nice hardware cheaper. If 6970M crossfire stays $900 and they don't have an equivalent Nvidia offering then they may not see the responce they want from the public.

• Founder

I don't see the 580M GTX as the reason for the delay. I think it's because of issues they had with the SLi bridge like hardware heaven reported in their review.

The 580M had Sli issues... hmmm Crossfire and SLi have been out for awhile now and both company's should now show no problem implementing those technologies but also improving upon their function so that we only see performance boosts and better dependability in future examples of multi gpu setups.