Clevo P370EM3 - SLI 680m BF3 problem

grechie

Hey Guys,

I like to consider myself as being tech savy, and I usually can diagnose and sort out my own computer problems, however this time its got me stumped!

I recently bought a P370EM3 (120hz 3D Vision 2), which comes with SLI 680m. I have mainly purchased this thing for Battlefield 3.

I am having a problem where BF3 will crash to a black screen, and when I control alt delete out of it, I have a direct x "GetDeviceRemovedReason" error. This crash mainly occurs on the deploy screen (where you choose your gear), it can happen instantly on that screen (don't get a chance to click deploy), or sometimes when I let it sit on that screen for a bit.

Temperatures are ~ 65 gpu1 and ~75 gpu2.

I have tried around 5 different NVidia driver sets, & on a clean install of windows 7, and windows 8, & on two different SSD's. I have latest DX drivers installed, on a vanilla install! IE format, windows installed, direct x drivers, NVidia drivers, origin, BF3.

I had gotten the laptop RMA'd and a new one was sent to me, and this one has the EXACT same issues. So am I to believe this is a driver related crash in BF3? really? I frankly would sleep better if I was certain it was a driver issue however there's lots of SLI 680m alienware laptops having no (reported) issues on BF3.

At the moment, I have no other crashes in any other games, including the Crysis 3 MP open beta.

• 1 month later...