Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

This should solve the 750m issues, report back.

It works, thanks. Now I need to figure out the max OC and increase the vcore slightly. Seems like +200MHz offset is the max I can get without increasing voltage.

What I don't get is that GPU0 and GPU1 are still showing different voltages.

• Thumbs Up 1

Works now, thanks!

And as mentioned above, the two voltages are a bit off (0.806V vs 0.812V), but other than that, seems to be fine. :D

That's a driver or even more likely a monitoring issue, the voltage settings in the two vbios are the same.

Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,LENOVO INVALID score: P5280 3DMarks. The highest the SLI GPU would ever go is 1269MHz (+210MHz offset), with 1.175Vcore. It's possible that I could squeeze it to 220MHz, but it's getting unstable. I also found out that in 3Dmark11, the laptop eats so much power that it started running on both AC adapter and battery :02:.

^ I will do that later when I get the time. Meanwhile I re-ran the 3Dmark11 because I saw one artifact at the last combined test. I dropped the VRAM by 125MHz and increase the core by 5MHz. The score is about the same, I lost 2 points there. NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,LENOVO INVALID score: P5278 3DMarks

This should solve the 750m issues, report back.

I've just downloaded for my Y400 with GT750m and ran through all the steps from the original post but I am still not able to move beyond +135mhz on the built in GT750m

Hi,

Will be using my SLI GT750M machine at home, work and for travel.

Will I need 3 170W power adapters? Or will 120W be fine as long as I do not use the video cards extensively (I will not do gaming, just image processing stuff).

Hi,

I just received my SLI GT750M Y500 machine.

It seems to run fine although the CPU throttles down when the video cards are used heavily.

Anything to be done about that?

ThrottleStop. But be careful because it will most likely overheat your CPU dangerously close to thermal shutdown if everything is working hard. The cooling system in this machine isn't designed to handle the heat of simultaneous 100% CPU and GPU load that's why that throttling mechanism is originally in place.

Hi,

Will be using my SLI GT750M machine at home, work and for travel.

Will I need 3 170W power adapters? Or will 120W be fine as long as I do not use the video cards extensively (I will not do gaming, just image processing stuff).

120 W is fine but it will charge the SLI system slower.

Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,LENOVO INVALID score: P5280 3DMarks. The highest the SLI GPU would ever go is 1269MHz (+210MHz offset), with 1.175Vcore. It's possible that I could squeeze it to 220MHz, but it's getting unstable. I also found out that in 3Dmark11, the laptop eats so much power that it started running on both AC adapter and battery :02:.

But how were your temps running that? Stock, my temps hit 93C or so on the CPU, and 87-90+C on the GPU when gaming. That thing must have been cooking!

But how were your temps running that? Stock, my temps hit 93C or so on the CPU, and 87-90+C on the GPU when gaming. That thing must have been cooking!

Temps on my GPU is slightly lower than yours, since I have redone the thermal paste. On the other hand, temp on the CPU reach 100C sometimes. I didn't get a good bin. I will prob change it to a 3840QM. Next week I will be modding an extra heatpipe for the CPU in there.

I got 2900++ with Firestrike, but that wasn't optimum. Somehow the GPU wasn't boosting to max clock, probably due to heat issues. The CPU is dumping too much heat.

Meanwhile I re-ran Uningine and 3DMark11, and broke my record again. This time I set the Long Duration Power Limit to only 36W in the BIOS. I have a +220 MHz clock offset and +425MHz memory clock offset.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,LENOVO INVALID score: P5396 3DMarks