Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Sometimes the components that they haven't "certified" apparently interfere with the functioning of the machine, I can see it maybe being an issue if someone used a network card that was corrupted, and for ease of troubleshooting they "whitelisted" the components. But very few components that are bought from reputable sources could cause such issues, and the owner of the machine probably knew what they were doing when they decided to replace the card. And a somewhat asshole like reply to your comment about the cards, Less gasoline to use and more of what type/brand of say, oil filter to use :P

Earlier in the previous thread... I think it was someone else. Anyway, its good to know that there is only v1.0x. It just got me i bit confused..

Thanks

--

What is a whitelist exactly?

Is there any other card you can install thats "within" the whitelist? Or am i getting this all wrong?

I am a little surprised at being called names. Is this a method to chase people off this site? I am using this site for information mostly, to help when I can, to encourage when possible, and enjoy reading what people can do with their machines. Please let me know that is your reason.

Anytime someone starts changing components in any device, they have to assume the responsibility for the changes.

I am a little surprised at being called names. Is this a method to chase people off this site? I am using this site for information mostly, to help when I can, to encourage when possible, and enjoy reading what people can do with their machines. Please let me know that is your reason.

Anytime someone starts changing components in any device, they have to assume the responsibility for the changes.

Lol I was calling myself an asshole not you haha. Also yeah, one should be expected to take responsibility, but I'm assuming Lenovo has these barriers in place as a safety net of sorts. Again they have honestly degraded in quality over the years, especially in terms of customer service.

Hello everybody; I Have a Lenovo Y400 650m SLI with modded bios 2.04 from svl7. Everthing was working fine until I update to the new nvidia driver (from 332.21 to 334.89). First, the second 650m was not detected (it appeared in device manager but it wont work). I solved this by applying the Y400Y500_GT650M_2ndVGA_update V3 bios from lenovo. The second card was available then, but was locked (no OC beyond the 135 mhz limit) so i flashed again the second 650m to allow OC past 135 mhz again, but once i did that the second videocard wasnt working again. I ended up restoring the system to a previous point (to nvidia driver 332.21) and everything is working just fine. Any one else tried the nvidia driver 334.89? Did you had any problems with the 650m SLI configuration and the modded bios 2.04? Thank you in advance for the comments and best regards!

Hello everybody; I Have a Lenovo Y400 650m SLI with modded bios 2.04 from svl7. Everthing was working fine until I update to the new nvidia driver (from 332.21 to 334.89). First, the second 650m was not detected (it appeared in device manager but it wont work). I solved this by applying the Y400Y500_GT650M_2ndVGA_update V3 bios from lenovo. The second card was available then, but was locked (no OC beyond the 135 mhz limit) so i flashed again the second 650m to allow OC past 135 mhz again, but once i did that the second videocard wasnt working again. I ended up restoring the system to a previous point (to nvidia driver 332.21) and everything is working just fine. Any one else tried the nvidia driver 334.89? Did you had any problems with the 650m SLI configuration and the modded bios 2.04? Thank you in advance for the comments and best regards!

I bet u using windows 8.1.

In win 8.1 u must update the 2nd card bios to work properly, and if u need oc the 2nd card u must search updated and unlocked oc bios for the ultrabay card.

Someone in this thread posted a bios.

Just wanted to post for future reference, I was getting a

Error 103: There are no supported SPI flash devices installed. Please check connectivity and orientation of SPI flash device.

when backing up my current bios, and I had to add

EN25Q32B, 0x1C3016, 0x2000000, 0x1000, 0x20, 64, 0, 0x60, 80000

to the fparts file, after applying the Error 104 fix

I bet u using windows 8.1.

In win 8.1 u must update the 2nd card bios to work properly, and if u need oc the 2nd card u must search updated and unlocked oc bios for the ultrabay card.

Someone in this thread posted a bios.

Yes, I have 8.1

I will search the bios you refer to and see if it works.

Thank you for the advice

I managed to make a backup of my BIOS but I cannot drag and drop my backup into BiosFixer. Am I supposed to drag and drop the bin file into the program's text box? Because it won't let me.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Fixed the problem by NOT running BiosFixer as an admin.

i have been lost my msata in y500 bios since 2 days ago with no reason!every thing was normal!then i restarted my laptop and my msata,s vanished from bios!

is it possible i could bring it back with bios update!?

Ofc, I have it. I have the modded bios and the card in my laptop.

What I did before placing it inside was uninstall the old wifi card, remove it from the laptop then inserted the new one and installed the drivers from intel downloadcenter.

Really sorry can't read 164 pages,

QUestion is is there any way to control fan speed. Witch registers bios has to control it.

Tryed

tpfancontrol

speedfan

ms afterburner

none of this programm able to control fan speed.

I'm reading alot of people tried to install the Intel 7620, but did anyone have any luck getting it to work?

Yes, 7260ac works so much better than n2230. Very easy install, make sure u download the drivers from Intel prior to install though cuz windows don't have it integrated into its default driver set. U won't have internet or Bluetooth unless u install drivers manually

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, sorry if this question is asked before. Where I can download the vbios for ultrabay (Windows 8.1). One of the forumers have their inbox packed and I couldn't send a PM to him.

look at pages 140+ I asked a similar question three months ago

I want to replace the crapola centrino 2230 card in my Y500 but I still have 2 years of warranty and really shitty luck :(

So I have the options of the Broadcom BCM943228HMB (WLAN, WiFi 2x2 ABGN+BT4.0 Cbt BCM943228HMB 2x2ABGN+BT4.0 HMC, FRU 20200221) and the Liteon WB222 (WLAN, WiFi 2x2 ABGN+BT4.0 Liteon WB222 2x2ABGN+BT4.0 HMC, FRU 20200225). Does anyone have an idea or any suggestions as to which one is more stable on windows 8.1 (or if it has any problems at all), or which one is better and more reliable. Sorry if this is off-topic but I am unable to find out anything about this and I really, really need the help.

Thanks.

I need help with what it may look silly, but haven't been able to find a solution at all.... looking for a solution for 2 weeks.

Have a y-500, added an SSD in the ultrabay w/ OS + programs and data on HDD.

Have an extra mini pcie slot that would normally take an ssd, but don't need it...

post-24326-1449499734842_thumb.jpg

Ordered and received a mini pcie to usb adapter that fits perfectly in that slot.....

post-24326-14494997348175_thumb.jpg

Laptop won't even acknowledge is there

Bios

post-24326-14494997350051_thumb.jpg

HELP, please...

Thanks in advance.

post-24326-1449499734856_thumb.jpg

Has anyone had an issue with the Y500 refusing to boot from a USB drive (can't flash my BIOS if I can't USB boot)? It constantly restarts in UEFI mode and hangs in Legacy Support mode. I don't really see any other settings I should tweak and the USB drive works fine in Windows and on other machines.

This ignorant guy is Still running into the Unconfigured Display Adapter EEPROM Not Found...:26_002:

I did the USB Dos stick and booted to it and here are some pics of what happened. I'm so don't know how to get past this and get SLI working on my Y500 650M. 4 straight days and at my wits end. The $30 beer money still stands for someone to help me over this hurdle. I'm sure it is easy but I'm just overlooking it.

Here are pics on what I was doing in the boot to usb stick. The flash update was the one from sendspace and update the nvflash and CWSP.. file with newer ones like another guy on here did and worked for him on same lenovo y500.

post-24442-14494997363256_thumb.png

post-24442-14494997362082_thumb.png

post-24442-14494997362368_thumb.png

post-24442-14494997362652_thumb.png

post-24442-14494997362933_thumb.png