Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Only modified VBIOS for the ultrabay card is needed. Internal card VBIOS is integrated with the main BIOS and cannot be flashed seperately. This does not cause any issues with SLI, as Nvidia states VBIOS version don't prevent SLI from functioning.

Good to know - I'm just trying to get similar clocks on both cards so I don't have to apply clocks manually all the time. I'll dig through the BIOSes and try to find some that match...

Hey gang, can anyone tell me if the links to the bios on the front page are working? I've got the minimum number of posts (which were legit posts from a year ago when I first modified my bios), but I still get the error: you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:... I'm only asking because there's a banner for a forum download conversion listed above, buy I don't see any Y500 files in that section. If someone can confirm those links on page 1 are in fact working I'll suck it up and pay the subscription fee again.

Hey gang, can anyone tell me if the links to the bios on the front page are working? I've got the minimum number of posts (which were legit posts from a year ago when I first modified my bios), but I still get the error: you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:... I'm only asking because there's a banner for a forum download conversion listed above, buy I don't see any Y500 files in that section. If someone can confirm those links on page 1 are in fact working I'll suck it up and pay the subscription fee again.

The links from the front page have been moved to the downloads section. But you'll find all current mods in the first page of this thread. You do have the permissions for them, I checked.

4Hi guys I think i have a big problem. I smelled some smoke from my y500 and i saw the battery is started to discharge so fast while im on AC adapter...windows shows its charging but no... Now i can'T really start my laptop (only for some second) the battery indicator is blinking in orange color.

I have 2.02 unlocked bios (upgraded from 1.04)

So can I recover like I upgraded it,just I have to use my backupped 1.04 bios? Before i send back?

I will try out to start my laptop with a weaker charger,(i tried to start without the battery but no success)

Edit: Seems my charger died, it is charging just too slowly (35% in 10hour), I think I have to send back my whole laptop so I still have to recover to my original bios.

Can someone tell me How to do that? And same with the Ultrabay is it enough to run the official 8.1bios update?

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én LG-D605-el

So, I recently updated to Windows 8.1 and it messed up SLI and led me to have to do some searching online and find out that I had to flash the VBios with the fixed 8.1 bios from Lenovo, and after I did so, overclocking stopped working, one card overclocks, but the other doesn't. Could anyone help me please? If you need anymore info at from me, don't hesitate to ask

Hi short check on the capabilities: will the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 work when I update the bios? All the above read i would say yes. But anyone has experience?

Thx

installed in my y500, works fine. bluetooth is a little buggy, but was buggy with the original wifi too O_o

After flashing the new BIOS version (2.02 I believe ) windows doesn't load correctly and I get a blue screen stating "critical_process_died". How do I fix this? I'm running windows 8.1 and I have the sli configured y500