Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

I have a lenovo y500 on windows 8 and I just bought the intel 7260 ac wireless card. I am currently using the intel 16.1.3 drivers.

My issue is that my Bluetooth keyboard disconnects frequently to occasionally and it won't reconnect for a long time unless i restart my keyboard. I did not have this issue on my last wireless card or any other devices. Anyone have this issue too or know of a solution?

There is a known issue where Bluetooth disappears if you put the computer to sleep, hibernate, or shut it down when Windows 8 fast startup is enabled. The only way to get Bluetooth back is to do a restart. Could this be what you are experiencing?

There is a known issue where Bluetooth disappears if you put the computer to sleep, hibernate, or shut it down when Windows 8 fast startup is enabled. The only way to get Bluetooth back is to do a restart. Could this be what you are experiencing?

no, i never put my computer to sleep or hibernate and this seems to happen pretty randomly. Like every few minutes. Could it be a defective card?

NVM I think i may have figured it out. i went into the device manager and in the bluetooth power management section i unchecked "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi guys, I'm really glad to have found this forum. I have a y500 650 sli and the wifi is driving me nuts. I was excited to find that someone had hacked a bios with the whitelist removed and I can hardly wait to try it. I've read through most of the posts on this thread and I have a question. What would be the best 5ghz capable card to try out on this y500 with the modded bios? I've seen several models listed but haven't gotten a sense of which was the most trouble free.

Thanks

So I have the 7260 and I get that issue with bluetooth disappearing requiring a reboot. Is that something affecting all intel cards or any card on these laptops or what?

I actually have not found a consistent pattern yet, but in all cases I've seen so far Windows 8 was the common denominator.

hi, i am the owner of the Y400 model ideapad and sooo i just realised that this laptop cant overclock its GPU so i came upon this forum and i am unsure on how to flash my BIOS and at the same time afraid that i might brick my laptop. so my BIOS version is currently 1.03, so what is the first step i should do? upgrade it to V2.02 right? post-16686-14494995963897_thumb.png

I have a Mac error while starting my Y500, just a black screen (the "Lenovo" logo does not even appear) saying something with Mac error, no bootable device (before updating my BIOS), I'll try the Update now, hopefully it fixes this Problems

hi, i am the owner of the Y400 model ideapad and sooo i just realised that this laptop cant overclock its GPU so i came upon this forum and i am unsure on how to flash my BIOS and at the same time afraid that i might brick my laptop. so my BIOS version is currently 1.03, so what is the first step i should do? upgrade it to V2.02 right? [ATTACH=CONFIG]8763[/ATTACH]

Yes update to 2.02 stock first then flash the 2.04 mod.

Flashing the mod v 2.04 on bios 2.04 is still possible without any problem?

Yes it's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

sv7 : thank you many times !

I flashed my Y500 bios (single GT 750M) I need some help for rather 'safe' overclock settings (Memo, CPU, GPU) , any ideas guys ?

Is it possible to enable Nvidia Optimus ?

The CPU is not overclockable. As for the GPU that's something you'll need to figure out yourself, push it up little-by-little, stress test, rinse and repeat while watching temperatures the whole time. The 750M is already clocked and volted higher and runs quite a bit hotter than the 650M so you're not gonna be able to push it as far, but there should be some headroom left.

Optimus is impossible on the Y500.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I have the 7260 and I get that issue with bluetooth disappearing requiring a reboot. Is that something affecting all intel cards or any card on these laptops or what?
I actually have not found a consistent pattern yet, but in all cases I've seen so far Windows 8 was the common denominator.

It's worth noting that when I flashed my BIOS to v2.02 using the "leaked" file from the first post in this thread, bluetooth worked perfectly. It was absolutely 100% reliable in Windows 8 with the stock Centrino 802.11/bluetooth combo card.

With every other BIOS version I've tried (including the stock one my Y500 shipped with), the bluetooth module is a bit... spotty, the best example of which is that whole sleeping/hibernating causing the operating system to decide there's no bluetooth hardware there at all until it's rebooted. Just judging based on that, it doesn't seem to be restricted to specific cards or drivers, but really that's just conjecture on my part.

Anyway, if the info is of use to anybody, the v2.02 BIOS fixed bluetooth for me in Windows 8 with the stock WiFi card. The v2.02 isn't unlocked though; then again, if you're using a card that isn't on the whitelist, v2.02 would break bluetooth completely instead of fixing it I suppose... :disgust:

I ordered the 7260ac card as well and will report back. Thanks

Could a few people who installed the 7260 AC card report back findings? I am looking to upgrade my wifi card to the 7260 after doing the whitelist mod.

I'm hoping I get my privilege to download the zip files soon (mod please hear my plea!). But yes, any finding would be appreciated! Its between the 7260 for me or the 6235.