Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Yeah, will put it up in an hour or so. Can you (or any other 2.04 user) do me a favor? Some users seem to be eager to update to 2.04, this might be possible with your help. PM me if you want to help. I completely forgot about this, wanted to do this a while ago already.

If you can figure this out, it would be nice to know what changes 2.04 brings over, say, 2.03 and 2.02, and what hardware (750M and/or 650M) is supported, since Lenovo doesn't bother to provide any of this info.

Is this mod allow to overclock the gpu while it stay on battery (to for example 500 mhz on gpu and 1000 mhz on memory), because it can't be play on baterry in any of the games even on low

v2.04 updated, corrected something I forgot.

If anyone is seriously interested in going to v2.04 coming from a different version please let me know. Else I won't bother wasting time on it.

v2.04 updated, corrected something I forgot.

If anyone is seriously interested in going to v2.04 coming from a different version please let me know. Else I won't bother wasting time on it.

I doubt it would be possible. I keep googling until i find something :)

explanations

BIOS Upgrade - ThinkWiki

flashing EC

http://www.msi.com/html/pdf/How_to_make_a_bootable_flash_disk_and_to_flash_EC.pdf

According to MSI admins you cannot backup EC.

Bios and EC update?

So probably it's not possible at all.

I know others have expressed interest in upgrading to 2.04. As for me, I would like to know what changes are in 2.04 and whether it supports 650M, as opposed to just 750M. If nothing is different or better then I won't bother.

Update to 2.04 for all v2.02 and v2.03 users. Should work flawlessly, I still have no machine to test it myself but I see no reason why this would cause issues.

Let me know if all is fine.

EDIT: See first post for files.

Hi,

Do I need to go to stock v2.02 BIOS first, or can I go from modded v2.02 to modded v2.04?

Greetings,

Auke Nauta

Update to 2.04 for all v2.02 and v2.03 users. Should work flawlessly, I still have no machine to test it myself but I see no reason why this would cause issues.

Is it safe for gt650m sli users?

Just performed the upgrade.

I used my original v2.02 (stock) backup file for your BiosFixer_2.0.exe utility.

It created the v204mod.bin file just fine.

Flashing from DOS worked fine too :)

The only thing which is a bit strange is that in the BIOS setup, it still says v2.02.

Is that as intended?

Thanks and greetings,

Auke

What does this new modded BIOS version fix?

The only thing which is a bit strange is that in the BIOS setup, it still says v2.02.

Is that as intended?

Oh, hehehe, my bad. I can fix that, but it's not that important. Can you post a screenshot of the inspector showing the overclocking stuff?

Fixed 2.04 version added to the first post, will work for 2.02 and 2.03 users.

People with older Bios versions than 2.02 should use the unmodified update to 2.02 and can then still proceed to 2.04 modified.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished updating/flashing. Actually, I was trying to download the 2.02 modded version when you were updating and it kept failing until I reloaded the page. Anyway, straight forward and no problems whatsoever.

I wanted to comment about post-flashing. This took a solid 18 seconds off my boot time to the desktop and about 10 second of the complete load (ie. background servers finished). I didn't modify anything in the BIOS yet, just looked around. Not sure why or if it was supposed to work this way, but I have a definite zip to boot and even running apps within Windows, compared to before.

Thanks a lotǃǃǃ

Cool!

I still want to see that nvidia inspector screenshot showing the overclocking stuff, can anyone please upload a screenshot?

post-14758-1449499567406_thumb.png

There's a new update that Nvidia is notifying me about, but I haven't installed it. Also, didn't play around with any settings yet, but hope it helpsǃ

• Thumbs Up 1