Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

So the Lenovo repair depot decided to replace my Y500's motherboard after I screwed up a setting on this flash. Totally easier than flashing it back to default >_>

Man I am glad I didn't try this one at home kids. You were not able to recover with your backed up bios?

I did not understand, so it is possible or not to enable hd400

No, it is a hardware issue, meaning that no software can allow it to work, unless someone who had a lot of computer design experience somehow soldered the right connection, and or added more parts to make it work. It is safe to say it is out of sight. Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can you guys explain how to overcome the stock 790 Mhz clocks? Memory overclocks fine, but the GPU core will not. I am running 310.90 Drivers. Unlocked V1.05 Bios, Y500 SLI.

Thank you.

V2.02 mod, including 650m vbios mod. Please report back.

As always, follow the instructions and use at your own risk. Don't flash if you aren't already on v2.02.

-- File in first post now --

• Thumbs Up 2

svl7,

I did notice one "problem" with the vbios after spending a little more time with it. It looks like it only flashed on the first card.

I can overclock card 0 as high as I like, but card 1 caps at 924 (+135).

In NvidiaInspector, Card 0 shows a modified bios as expected, but card 1 shows stock.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again, everything else looks solid.

Interesting. So you have an additional GPU in the multi bay? What does GPU-Z or Nvidia Inspector tell you regarding the vbios version of card 1?

Hmm, I thought I changed both, let me check again.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: @LewsTherin05 - It seems the extension bay handles the vbios stuff differently... I'm not sure how exactly it works, but maybe the vbios gets copied to the extension module and since you already had that version there it didn't update... but that's wild guessing.

Can you try dumping the vbios of GPU1 with GPU-Z or nvflash? Though I doubt you can access it.

• Thumbs Up 1

svl7,

I did notice one "problem" with the vbios after spending a little more time with it. It looks like it only flashed on the first card.

I can overclock card 0 as high as I like, but card 1 caps at 924 (+135).

In NvidiaInspector, Card 0 shows a modified bios as expected, but card 1 shows stock.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again, everything else looks solid.

Hmm, I thought I changed both, let me check again.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: @LewsTherin05 - It seems the extension bay handles the vbios stuff differently... I'm not sure how exactly it works, but maybe the vbios gets copied to the extension module and since you already had that version there it didn't update... but that's wild guessing.

Can you try dumping the vbios of GPU1 with GPU-Z or nvflash? Though I doubt you can access it.

I too have the SLI configuration. I will be following these developments as I have yet to perform the flash.

Yea I'm getting "BIOS reading not supported on this device" for either card using GPUz to dump.

NVflash is showing "No NVIDIA display adapters found"

It seems to me as if the additional GPU comes with an eeprom for the vbios, else I can't really explain this behavior... If that's the case then I wonder how the vbios update happens. In case it happens at POST when the system sees that the module has an older version then we might be able to trick it into updating. I'll see what I can do.