Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

I'm looking forward to modding my Bios with this once I get access to the downloads.  I need to upgrade to Windows 10 but want to keep my SLI 650M overclock.  After reading some of these comments though I am thinking I should upgrade my WiFi card too while I'm at it.  Anybody know of any specific WiFi cards that work really well or any that I should avoid? 

6 minutes ago, thrownaway said:

I'm looking forward to modding my Bios with this once I get access to the downloads.  I need to upgrade to Windows 10 but want to keep my SLI 650M overclock.  After reading some of these comments though I am thinking I should upgrade my WiFi card too while I'm at it.  Anybody know of any specific WiFi cards that work really well or any that I should avoid? 

7260 is as high as you'll be able to go since you're limited to pcie. Make sure you grab the ac version and not just the n version! 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have the 650 SLI file?  I accidentally downloaded the 750 SLI file 2 days ago and now the page wont let me download any more files. 

Solved my own problem.  If you need the 650m OC rom that works on WIndows 10.  

Grab it from this thread. 

Edited by thrownaway
Adding solution

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
34 minutes ago, szhynet said:

how to reset the bios setting? when i flash the mod bios ,changed some setting ,and now i can't boot

Hi!

Just read my post above.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I can't access the files since I have a new account. Need to update my bios before doing the flash because I'm currently on version 1.5. Could anyone PM me a link to the bios update included in OP's post? Thanks.

hello everyone, I can't download the files related to the modified bios for lenovo y400, the links are still active? Thanks

I need modded bios to install intel wifi 7260 because my old intel centrino 2200 doesn't work properly and my lenovo y400 won't start because of bios that dosn't recognoize the new card

• 2 weeks later...

So I ran into an interesting problem...

I did the bios flash on my Y500 and everything went fine. When the flash was complete, I noticed that my laptop was unplugged and plugged it in. When I did, the screen got sort of "tinted" to a blue-ish color. I rebooted the laptop and this blue tint persists on the screen. I have tried re-installing Nvidia display drivers and rolled back my bios to v2.04 again with no luck.

After this, I also can't adjust the screen brightness with the Fn-keys.

Any ideas?