Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Is anybody able to use Wake On LAN from S5? Only when shutdown to S3 state the keyboard an mouse are working for waking up the Y500. When going to S4 or S5 sleep state keyboard mouse and networkcard are dead (seems without power). So no possibility to wake the laptopp. Waking is the only posible with On/Off switch. In the Bios i activated WOL. Any idea?

Need Help with integrated graphics. Can anyone confirm that I'm using the same bios from this thread. I flashed this modded bios several years ago in order to get a new Intel Wireless chip working on this laptop. Ever since I modded the bios the integrated graphics have no longer worked, and are recognized by windows (10). When I attempt to install intel graphics drivers I get the (you do not meet the requirements for installation.) Looking through this thread I noticed someone else having a similar problem on page (56), and I vaguely remember reading about the issues from the thread I originally learned about this bios years ago. If anyone can please lend me a hand in fixing this issues I would appreciate it. So far when I've attempted to set IGD to active in the bios, my Y500 wont boot into windows and just freezes on the Lenovo logo screen. 

Y500.thumb.jpg.d85fbc114427f75132f9a0df5227119b.jpg

Edited by Braavosm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 7:49 PM, betosmexicanfood said:

Hello 

How would I receive access to these files

You need to follow the forum rules of not spamming, etc. There are other requirements and its mentioned your email notifications in your account.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi. New member here.

I have had a Y500 for almost 4 years now. I bought a predator about 8 months ago and now i dont have much use of this old power house. Then i started tinkering with afterburner seeing how much farther i can increase the performance. To my surprise i can push it to the limit of 135 mhz on core in SLI and be completely stable. So i started searching what clocks other people were able to achieve. and when i saw people claiming 1100 to 1200mhz i was shocked and intrigued and that is how i ended up on this forum.

As i have nothing to loose if i get it wrong im willing to give this modding a shot.

So how do i get all tge files for this mod? It says i dont have the rights right now. How do i get the rights?

Also i want to make sure i can overclock in sli mode to above 135mhz so i can get the incrsdible performance people claim this gpu is capable of.

I Have a Y500 with Gt 650m In SLI.

BIOS is v2.04. Any help is appreciated. 

Also i say in this post that all the reference is about v2.02. Even for SLI it says use v2.02 to be able to overclock. How do i use 2.04? Thanks.

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, NovaW2 said:

So how do i get all tge files for this mod? It says i dont have the rights right now. How do i get the rights?

Hi!

Just read "User Account Promotion Rules":  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have installed Mod Bios and trying to install new wifi card, AC 3160 in my laptop Y400. However when I see it on device manager, it looks not recognize correctly. Tried to update the driver with automatically and manually but saying "windows encountered problem installing driver".  Could anybody help this issue?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
On 11/28/2018 at 9:43 PM, Yar said:

I'm new here and wondering why I can't  download the file. Any suggestions?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...