Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

hello,

did anyone try to flash stock bios? i try to flash my backup .bin file but i got this error.

PDR Region does not exist.

GBE Region does not exist.

Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS preventing flash access.

Please contact the targetsystem BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers

Solution: After enabling back bios flash option in current bios, i flashed stock bin file without problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. I have not modded the BIOS or vBIOS but overclocked the 650m. The problem is that games crash after a few minutes. Temps are well. So is this because Nvidia drivers artificially crashing and freezing the games because they don't want 650M users to overclock or what?

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if anyone has came across this before. i've installed the hacked 2.04 bios, and installed the intel ac7260 card. installation of the bios is fine, installed the drivers for the intel wifi card, and rebooted. some how the wireless doesnt work, i mean its like there is no wifi adapter installed. so i rebooted again. second reboot works fine. after shutting down the laptop, removed the power adapter and booted up the machine again from coldboot. the same issue happens, no wireless. reboot and it works again. i was running windows 7 at that time. after a couple of days with the issue re occuring, i formatted the laptop and installed a fresh copy of windows 8.1. still doesnt fix the problem. from cold boot, will not detect wireless, its as though there is no wireless adapter installed. will need to reboot again then only can detect.

[quote name=akarsan;135605 i've installed the hacked 2.04 bios' date=' and installed the intel ac7260 card.

from cold boot, will not detect wireless, its as though there is no wireless adapter installed.

The wireless card is Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 2x2 AC+BT (7260.HMWWB) ?

Does someone have experienced any trouble regarding windows activation with the unlocked bios.

I do want my wireless display to work, but since the windows key is at the bios now, does it change anything?

Do I have to worry?

The wireless card is Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 2x2 AC+BT (7260.HMWWB) ?

nica_ro: yeap. thats the one. not sure if im the only one thats having this problem, as i see others using it doesnt seem to be having this issue

I just updated the BIOS to OEM 2.04. Had some problems during reboot, but managed to enter BIOS and select Legacy boot instead of UEFI. Is it recomended after installing the moded BIOS to reinstall the OS?

I discovered a "trick" to speed up things with WiFi: turn off Bluetooth! WiFi speed increased from 70 Mbps to 120 Mbps.

Hoping that the Intel AC7260 will decrease the gap between wireless and wired!

post-31464-14495000278292_thumb.png

post-31464-14495000278598_thumb.png

Has anyone tried to do this process after upgrading to OEM bios v2.04?

Do you think there will be a problem?

Nope, been running modded 2.04 for well over a year now. I flashed stock 2.04 package (BIOS & EC) before it became publicly available on Lenovo's site and then unlocked it with svl7's mod.

BTW hope you're doing well @svl7. Haven't seen you around in forever.

Nope, been running modded 2.04 for well over a year now. I flashed stock 2.04 package (BIOS & EC) before it became publicly available on Lenovo's site and then unlocked it with svl7's mod.

BTW hope you're doing well @svl7. Haven't seen you around in forever.

Thanks! Do you also know if there is a way to get miracast working with this laptop because I heard that to use the intel wireless display feature we need to have intel hd 4000 graphics card (which this model does but doesn't recognize it)?

Thanks! Do you also know if there is a way to get miracast working with this laptop because I heard that to use the intel wireless display feature we need to have intel hd 4000 graphics card (which this model does but doesn't recognize it)?

Sorry I don't know anything about Miracast. All I know is that the iGPU is unusable in this laptop.

Thinking about doing this today, getting a bit fed up of the crappy 2230 Intel WLAN card...

Came across an argument regarding which card to replace it with, most were saying a better Intel card, anyone have better suggestions?

OK, thanks. As it seems that you installed a fresh copy of Windows, maybe you didn't plug it in very good in the PCI-E slot, that being the problem...or not.

rechecked the card, unplugged replug and make sure its secured, and yet its still happening. out of ideas what else that is causing this.