GT70 Optimus and Nvidia 3DTV play

Xen0N

Hello, i have msi gt70 with gtx 680m and i also have nvidia 3dtv play supported LG 3d tv so i'vs wanted to play games on it, when installing the program it tells me that there's no 3dtv detected while the tv is already connected to hdmi and showing my desktop. I've read that it's because of optimus and the tv hdmi was handled by intel hd4000.

Is there a way to disable optimus or anything to make my tv detected ?

Thanks in advance.

I’ve got a MSI GT70 as well and I tried to use 3DVision with the same problems. I read the GT 70 can’t handle the bandwidth over the HDMI 1.4a cable. I can’t even use 720p 3D
are u serious? i just ordered a 3d tv (passive).. when it arrives i will try some testing... but if it wont work idk what ill do... (i also got 680m, in gt 70 barebone)

zonetrader do u also have a 680m?

I’ve got a MSI GT70 as well and I tried to use 3DVision with the same problems. I read the GT 70 can’t handle the bandwidth over the HDMI 1.4a cable. I can’t even use 720p 3D

Where did you get these information from? Is it from a trusted source?

so i got my 3d tv, and using tridef, i had to make all my games work only with intel4000 rather than 680m to get stereoscopic working, is there any way to force the 680m to render the hdmi output?

edit: only displaying an image on tv and using iz3d or tridef allows me to play games in 3d at 720p 60 hz. you have to disable the monitor. it still looks like like the 4000 renders it, but the 680 does... so i dont think 3dtv play will work with the gt 70.. but i havent gotten it to work yet even with edid modifier.

so what im saying is hook up the laptop to 3d hdtv, then right click the screen and pick screen resolution, hit the multiple display box and select only the 3dtv. then use either iz3d or tridef with the games and voila, the 680m processes the graphics. (as far as ive experimented u have to do it this way or the intel4000 renders it...)

since the hdmi port is muxed through the intel4000 there is no way to get 3dtv play to work unless nvidia and intel both fix the issue. so the only thing we can do with the gt 70 is use 3rd party software like iz3d and tridef... im actually contemplating buying tridef unless there is another app like it

***YES, you can do 720p 3D gaming on the gt70, but u gotta do ^(only have the tv as a screen and disable the monitor) use tridef/iz3d.*** you can do 1080p 24hz gaming but its too choppy in some games