Bad vbios flash with Mobility 5870

Pingou

Hi there,

I made a serious mistake with my MSI GX660 equipped with Radeon Mobility 5870. I did not want to go through DOS mode to flash my 5870 and tried Winflash instead. Problem is, the flash did not success and when I rebooted my notebook, the only thing I had was a black screen with nothing bu the FAN and the Leds running.

Is there a way to make a "Clear Cmos" on a VGA graphic card ?

Thanks for your answers.

No, no such thing. I can sell you a vbios chip with the proper vbios on it and you can then solder it to your card, or you can send me your card to fix it... though that costs a bit more due to the shipping.

That's all you can do.

Hello,

thanks for your answer. That would have been a good solution, but the shipping won't make it worth the try (since i'm living in France). Think I'm going to invest in another 5870 or a 7970M :D. Thanks though !

Hello,

thanks for your answer. That would have been a good solution, but the shipping won't make it worth the try (since i'm living in France). Think I'm going to invest in another 5870 or a 7970M :D. Thanks though !

Well, that's your decision, but as I said, I can also just send you the programmed chip, then the shipping costs are insignificant, and you could buy several of those chips for the price of another 5870m, just saying.

In case you want to sell the dead 5870m, let me know :P

• 2 months later...

@svl7

hi

i have a brand new dell 7970m with 015.022 vbios for my Msi Gx660 and i guess something is wrong with vbios.Blank screen on startup.No boot only fan spins..

i know that 015.022 vbios don't work on gx660 but at least it should boot to Windows i guess..

would you send a vbios chip with a proper vbios flashed?

contact via mail pls.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
can you pm me with to price four a 5870 vbios and shipping to luxembourg ? thanks

its for the alienware m17xr2 with dual ati 5870

I'll send you an email since you can't PM yet.

For Alienware M17X2 Ati 5870 I would need 3

Sent you an email a while ago, I don't think you ever replied... Check the email address with which you registered here.