[MOBILE / DESKTOP] AMD Catalyst 13.1 WHQL

Nando

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Framerates have gone up, but I have an issue with these drivers. In Windows 8 I cannot control the screen brightness (clevo p370em with dual 7970m). I move the slider and nothing happens. If I use the hotkey it is showing me that brightness is changing but I cannot see any difference at all. Anyone else having this problem?

That was a common problem back "in the day" when my M18X with 6990M CF-X was cutting edge. Driver updates often seemed to "break" the screen brightness setting. Not having any such trouble on my P370EM with dual 680Ms. :P

• Founder
That was a common problem back "in the day" when my M18X with 6990M CF-X was cutting edge. Driver updates often seemed to "break" the screen brightness setting. Not having any such trouble on my P370EM with dual 680Ms. :P

showoff!! :21_002:

• 3 years later...

Bumping an old post,

I am also having the screen backlight brightness control issue in Windows 10. My P370em is running a single 7970m. I have updated to the latest AMD drivers and the latest CCC version. I have tried everything except going back to the original Sager-provided W8 drivers circa 2013. Can anyone shed light on this issue?

Thanks.

I was able to resolve the screen backlight problem for the Clevo P370em running a 7970m GPU in Windows 10!!!

Re-installing these Sager & Clevo provided drivers, fixed this issue in W10:

1.) Completely uninstall ALL current/latest AMD HD 7970m Drivers.

2.) Clean the registry of all instances of the drivers... REBOOT. REPEAT. REBOOT.

3.) Install Sager-provided AMD 79070m driver package (for W8) (@ Sager website)

4.) Install Clevo-provided Hotkey driver (for W8) v8.0.103 (@ clevo website)

5.) Install the OLD Catalyst Control Center (which is bundled with the Sager 7970m driver package).

Note: I am now in the process of individually updating AMD HD 7970m driver components while trying not to botch the core GPU driver and functionality. I will update again with findings.

If anyone has any suggestions to fixing this problem an easier or more logical way, please let me know.

Currently, Wireless Display doesn't work...

Thanks.

Edited by arortiz73
A later hotkey driver from Clevo (8.0.103) fixed some minor issues.