As requested by @data2318 - Lenovo Z580 bios with wireless card check removed.

Grab this tool, put the bios in the same folder and run the included .bat file to flash. As I don't have a Z580 myself I need someone to confirm that the wlan check is removed. Report back when you flash.

Lenovo Z580 - no Wlan whitelist [TEST].zip

• Thumbs Up 6

Grab this tool, put the bios in the same folder and run the included .bat file to flash. As I don't have a Z580 myself I need someone to confirm that the wlan check is removed. Report back when you flash.

For some reason the forum did not allow me to download the files. Have trying for days but the webpage keep displaying "you do not have permission to access this page"..Would it be possible that you send it to my email instead please?

I tested it and the white list is still there: "Unauthorized wireless network card is plugged in. Power off and remove it".

Slv7: Haven't seen any side effects after the flash yet, so the strings deleted are just some random useless stuffs Lenovo put there as a disguise to the whitelist?

Seems I missed something. I did some changes, grab the updated file in the first post and let me know.

Slv7: I noticed that if the card is inserted after BIOS passed with the original card, then device manager will see the wireless card, so the whitelist check is the only thing blocking the wireless card.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello guys sorry for opening this dead thread again but is it a problem to flash under windows 8 because it always shows "bad platform". But i dont know if it is because my bios platform or my windows platform ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Would this work with the y400/y500 series? Or only for Z580? This would be great if it did work across multiple laptops. Thanks!

Would be interesting to get an assessment of whether it works for the y-series. Would be nice!

• 2 years later...