nvidia surround on 680m?

esca

• 2 weeks later...

steepgnomeking, if your laptop would support it, you could perhaps use the built in screen as a Left or Right monitor, missing a bit of the top of the image if you use larger center monitor. having it in the center is ok too with two other monitors on sides but you're dealing with a pretty small vertical area then. Anyway, with laptops the problem is not that you have to use 2 external + 1 internal versus 3 external, it's that you can't have more than 2 displays active on the main GPU whether internal or not.

I was also curious if my 680M would be able to handle more than 2 external monitors.. I recently had 3 monitors set up working properly on a work Dell Latitude laptop but that was off a dock, and a weekend windows update somehow disabled it and we have been unable to figure out how to get it to work since...

if you really want to try that, you might could use something like the Matrox Triple Head2go or some adapter like that... pretty much ties all your displays together into one super wide one... only with hardware instead of software like surround does. Otherwise you will have to export your monitor drivers and rename them.... uninstall your monitors and reinstall with the renamed drivers, and then reinstall your nvidia drivers. I have done this using the internal display and two other displays on my sager np8170, however it was not full hd because the monitors I used were older acer monitors at 1600x900.

I guess even if you able to set tree monitor setup (wich is unlikely), the power, provided by 680m would not be enough for gaming.

By the way, on latest CES 2013 MSI showed 3 monitor setup based on infinity eye, and msi gt series laptop cool stuff!

Zuppo. Your telling me. That if it was possible to run three monitors at the same time, the 680m wouldnt handle it. I have a hard time believing that. Even if I dont flash the vbois. This card runs about the same as a 580 desktop card. Your telling me that a 580 couldnt run 3 monitors? An amd 6970 could and the 580 kicked that cards teeth in.

That is only a matter of game you are running. Far cry 3 or max payne 3 of other high demanding games, it runs quiet well on single monitor with 580. But running 3 monitor with 4xmsaa 1920*1080? That is only a matter of game settings and game itself you are running. Sometimes even 680 desctop card would have a hard times

But then your getting into driver support. And if your going that route it wont matter if your running a 990 super gtx ultra mega graphics card, Its going to be game dependant and not so much power dependant.