New Notebook Needed for Work

shadowjfaith

Question

I need a notebook that isn't going to break the bank that has at least 4Gb of RAM. Other than that the specs can pretty much be anything. It won't be used for gaming or much of storage, but I would like to avoid hp as I have not had a good experience with their computers in the past.

6 answers to this question

I need a notebook that isn't going to break the bank that has at least 4Gb of RAM. Other than that the specs can pretty much be anything. It won't be used for gaming or much of storage, but I would like to avoid hp as I have not had a good experience with their computers in the past.

You probably had a bad experience with HP's consumer Pavilion notebooks. Their business ones are much much better quality. They have to be.. business environments cannot afford downtime. Saying that, Dell, Lenovo and HP all make great business notebooks. I'd suggest scour the Outlets of each of these to grab a bargain. They have business notebooks in 12-17" size so you can pick which best suits you. The have refurb, remarketted and scratch and dent systems.

Refurbished business products

https://twitter.com/DellOutlet

http://outlet.lenovo.com/

HP Probooks, Dell Vostros and Lenovo Thinkpad Edge are the budget business class systems that tend to have lower grade warranty. HP Elitebooks, Dell Latitudes/Precisions and Lenovo Thinkpads are their premium business class systems with better warranties.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi there,

If having four gigabytes of ram with a financial constraint is your only requirement, then I'd suggest going with the inspiron 14z . Its a nice and sleek 14" ultrabook with a 128 solid state drive and an third-gen i3 processor (customisable upto an i7). It's made with portability in mind and as a workstation, you really can't go wrong with it. In fact I just bought this laptop for a friend in India who seems very satisfied with it so far.

Try looking on the lenovo site, without any need for high specs, and seeing as 4gb of ram is pretty common, you most certaintly won't break the bank with a thinkpad and they have a history for being reliable!

Our company works with AutoCAD and Office, some of the guys are on the move and require laptops. We've had very good luck with Dell Laptops and Desktops and the customer service they provide, at least for business products, has been great for us. Besides that, they provide good pricing for many Laptops that will support your minor needs.