MSI GT683 upgrade to GT685 with GTX 580 ???

moka

Hello,

I have the opportunity to purchase GTX 580 card from Dell, Alienware m17. The question is whether it will work in my laptop? As of today, I have GTX570, but I need more power - more and more:43_002:

Is someone working on this card in MSI GT683? The card has a VBIOS della and I'm afraid that ... I thought about trying flash GT683 to 685 and flash card from dell Vbios from MSI - Can I get it right?

Xsonar- help, Have you been to bios - will work? Maybe is the same like gt 683?

Can I ask someone for posting bios of the card GTX 580m from MSI laptop? Thanks in advance, wish me luck:Banane34:

It should work with the heatsink for gtx 570m, I don't think the bios will be a problem, and the dell vbios should work fine. But you'll probably need modified nvidia drivers which you can find at LaptopVideo2Go: NVIDIA & Laptop News

If you don't have the heatsink for gtx 570m you probably have to file yours down with a dremel tool to fit.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

580M's work with the GT683; I know this for a fact because the laptop will throttle when the 580M GTX is pushed to the limits. Throttlestop or soldering a wire to the MXM slot are your two solutions for this problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Works !!!! I flash new bios from MSI GT675m and works!!! Score 3dmark11 ( no oc, no turbo cooling, unlock bios from xonar + throttle stop on, PSU 180W ( temp ok ) ) - 3619 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2820QM Processor,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-16F2 score: P3619 3DMarks

1 flash bios GT683 - change raid options to non raid ( i have 1hdd

2. flash vbios MSI GTX675

3. reset - uninstall driver.

4. reset - instal new driver - works, but throttling

5. Install throttle stop, turn on - works perfekt :)