[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

Hi, Tek here... just wanted to say this thread is why I joined in the first place... that being said Flash works like a charm! Kudos! I hope I'm not being too greedy when I ask if it is at all possible in your spare time to maybe unlock the CPU stuffs as well :P If so, I can personally guarantee me buying you a beer or two!

Nevermind, I found it. Now I have v223. The only thing is that as I am a new member I can not download things from this website until I reach 5 posts. Can somebody do me the favor of passing me the link of that 'flashing tool' at the first page that I can not download ? I would really appreciate it.

Can somebody pass me the link of the flashing tool ? I am new to the forum and can not see download links. Thnx.

(Also, does this modded bios allow you to control the fan speed ?)

This is against the rules. And you don't control the fan speed but the point the fan trips.

Hi everyone,

I'm here for a little different purpose. After a BIOS update on my G75VW (not this one, the official ASUS), the note bricked. Now my only way out is a full reprogram of BIOS chip, but for that i need the complete ROM file.

Because i'm new here i can't see the BIOS file from @svl7. So, can i use this file to reprogram my chip ? If i can't, does anyone have this dump file ? Or knows someone who have or sells ?

Thanks !

Oh, now I can download. Thnx anyway and sorry for the request.

Now I have been able to do all those steps but seems to me that nothing happened... I go to the bios and do not see any unlocked features so whatever. I can tell you that when the bios is installing at the beginning it says 'PDR region dos not exist' and continues to install and just before ir finishes I can see another yellow text appears but the window closes as soon as the installation finished and I can not see what it says.

Anyone have a clue of what is happening ?

PD: I have previously installed the default 223 bios as recommended.

Oh, now I can download. Thnx anyway and sorry for the request.

Now I have been able to do all those steps but seems to me that nothing happened... I go to the bios and do not see any unlocked features so whatever. I can tell you that when the bios is installing at the beginning it says 'PDR region dos not exist' and continues to install and just before ir finishes I can see another yellow text appears but the window closes as soon as the installation finished and I can not see what it says.

Anyone have a clue of what is happening ?

PD: I have previously installed the default 223 bios as recommended.

Go to start and in the search bar type cmd. Then run the command prompt as administrator and navigate to folder and repeat the steps. It should look just like Voegelchen's last post...

post-10516-14494994447021_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I finally made it, works like a charm, thnx for the help. I had to flash it twice but finally worked.

Now, does anyone know how to play with the thermal settings ? I mean, I messed around with it a bit but didn't see much changes. I want the fan to kick at 100% when passed 57C but could not see that happening.

I can not find my way with those thermal menus, I change some of those options and I feel as if nothing changed. Does someone know how to tweak them correctly ?

In addition to this I discovered that my CPU fan is locked... it does not ramp up when under load, pretty scary ! This did not happen before I flashed this bios (I tried defaulting the settings in this custom bios but it did not solve the problem). Does it happen to any of you ?

I was wondering if the bios was the same for the g75vx there just isnt much information on this new asus laptop. ty for reading this.

No, pretty sure the 223 bios won't work. Double checked the support page ASUS - G75VX The specs are close to the same, but the GPU is different. Also in the download section is has a revision number at 204 for bios, so I presume the 223 isn't compatible. =/

---

So why do we use a winflash tool to flash this instead of Ezflash built into the MB?

svl7, do you know something about this fan speed problem ? I'm afraid that my CPU can fry while gaming... The CPU fan just gets stuck between 2000/2100 RPM and does not kick in while under load.

Well, what are your temps? The G series never had high rpm fans.

I just run Prime95 for a short period while watching EVEREST to check if the fan is kicking in, I let it get to 80 C and if the fan RPM does not kick then I stop Prime. Yesterday I set all power settings on Power4Gear and the Windows ones in active cooling and it worked, today I see it is not working again... When it works, the fan reaches up to 3900/4000 RPM, if it does not work it just stays around 2000/2100 RPM.

I just run Prime95 for a short period while watching EVEREST to check if the fan is kicking in, I let it get to 80 C and if the fan RPM does not kick then I stop Prime. Yesterday I set all power settings on Power4Gear and the Windows ones in active cooling and it worked, today I see it is not working again... When it works, the fan reaches up to 3900/4000 RPM, if it does not work it just stays around 2000/2100 RPM.

80C isn't very hot. Your CPU has a max temp of 105C. Let it get up to 90C and see if it speeds up.

I will do some tests with more temp but it seems it does not need to get that hot for the fan to kick in, sometimes when it just hits 60s/70s it just starts to kick... Maybe it has something to do with the Thermal Bios Settings, but I have them all in default.