[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

nothing sir. nevermind. but can you help me sir. i have updated my bios from 218 to 223, and i cant boot windows, i kept falling to the bios setup, in sata config i can see the hdd ssd and odd, but in the boot properties theres nothing to choose from. what do you think happened here? is my unit bricked already?

• Bios Modder

You must go to your BOOT Tab in BIOS menu and DISABLE Fast Boot, Enable Launch CSM, DIsable PXE Rom, then go to your SECURITY Tab and DISABLE Secure Boot. Save changes in BIOS and restart.

• Bios Modder
Hey Klem, have you got a w7 GTX 660m overclock + overvolt mod? I saw someone else was looking for it, and I would like it too!

Hi. Write to me in PM:

1. How much is your ASIC?

2. For how stable frequencies you can accelerate graphics card now?

3. What are your overclocking the GPU temperature under load?

4. Screenshot by the program GPU-Z

Hi. Write to me in PM:

1. How much is your ASIC?

2. For how stable frequencies you can accelerate graphics card now?

3. What are your overclocking the GPU temperature under load?

4. Screenshot by the program GPU-Z

Haha, I would.. But, I still haven't hit the 5 post req. to send anything or download anything.. -_-

Just 1 more after this post though, unless you could send me an email or something else.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have ubuntu installed on my G75VW, using bios v223.

Does anyone have experience running Linux on this modded bios?

Does this bios expose the ability to turn off Intel SpeedStep (a Linux headache)?

Is there any way to flash the mod from Linux?

Are there any Dos/win startup disks that could be used to flash?

• Bios Modder
I currently have ubuntu installed on my G75VW, using bios v223.

Does anyone have experience running Linux on this modded bios?

Does this bios expose the ability to turn off Intel SpeedStep (a Linux headache)?

Is there any way to flash the mod from Linux?

Are there any Dos/win startup disks that could be used to flash?

Yes, you can in a modified BIOS to disable speed step in the BIOS setup menu. Yes, you can flash a modified BIOS from under DOS using a DOS bootable USB flash drive. But for this you need to first make a backup of your bios (from under DOS) using the program FPT (DOS version), and then modify the file backup. That file that you posted here is not suitable for flashing from under Linux.

Or first, make a backup of under DOS. Then on the other computer (with Windows) to perform its modification as described in the first post of this topic. And then from a DOS flash it on your laptop with Linux.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone help me with what settings I need to change in the bios for overclocking? I don't want to change the wrong thing and screw things up... I have a G75VW 3D with 670M

Which version of the video bios do you have now? You can see it with the program GPU-Z. What do you want to overclock?

• Bios Modder
Hey everyone,

Does This mod get you access to turning on or off the intel hd 4000 igp? I need to run internal graphics till solution for 660m os x.

In our laptop can not turn on the integrated intel video. In no way. She turned off tightly.

The purpose of my post was to inform those new to BIOS flashing of the potential consequences. While it may seem like a good idea to test the new unlocked settings, it loses its luster quickly when your laptop fails to restart and you are unable to access the BIOS to backrev it.

Personally, I feel the ASUS Limited Warranty is of limited value, but users should be fully aware of the consequences when they install a modified BIOS.

Yes, what about enabling Intel HD 4000? Could that be possible?

I'm not looking directly for Optimus (would be nice tho), I don't mind to reboot to switch the active graphics.

I'm asking this because enabling Intel graphics (and maybe disabling Nvidia) could be a great way for an External GPU DIY setup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
R01f

Done. Try. This is the first modified version of the BIOS for your GTX660M graphics card. The whole procedure of the flashing BIOS firmware is the same as in the first post of this topic. In any case, put directly on drive C stock bios G75VWAS.223, first renaming it to G75VW.bin

Would this work for GTX 670M ??

Is it possible to tell me exactly what how to unlock (no OC) a bios like this one or where to find indepth information on this topic.

I am familiar with old AMI BIOS, got MMTool and took a loop at the BIOS of my board. Seems there is a bit more in it ;)

Well, since i can't download the file i couldn't have a look for myself (simple compare with hex/disasm/unpacker)