[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

Vsync will only sync up the frames to a maximum of your refresh rate. If your monitor's refresh rate is 60Hz then your max FPS will also be 60FPS. Vsync helps get rid of what's called horizontal tearing. It's designed to keep the frames matched up with your refresh rate to keep from the image splitting violently, resulting in what looks like 2 images spliced together to form 1. Turn vsync off to achieve higher FPS.

I'm not sure if this is it or not, but it seems that since your whole GPU isn't being used it's down scaling the voltage to save battery life. Not sure about forced P0 option though.

1. I downloaded Asus G75VW - BIOS v223 - [unlocked] [overclock edition] + G75VW-BiosFixer + Fptw64

2. I unzipped these archives to one folder

3. I made backup of my BIOS

4. I started BIOS Fixer

5. I flashed modfix.223 - everything's OK

6. I tried to shutdown my g75vw then I powered it on - OK

7. I loaded default BIOS settings

I saw many additional BIOS options but GPU overclocking is stock.

If you saw the BIOS options that weren't there before then the BIOS is in place. I would power cycle it, remove the battery and A/C adapter, hold power in for 30 seconds, then boot it up again. You don't have direct access through the BIOS to overclock it, you will need a utility like Nvidia Inspector to modify the timing's within the OS. Basically it's an unlocked BIOS, but just because it's unlocked won't make overclocking magically appear you have to use an overclocking utility to talk to the BIOS for you. Before it's even overclocked though you should see a difference when benchmarking. You will have to be using the GPU in a high power state though to see the reflected differences in any monitoring tools like HWmonitor. Just like in any laptop, the graphics clocks will scale down with how much demand there is for it. Run a benchmark like Uniengine's Heaven, it'll show you the exact clock speeds while benchmarking and you can go from there.

Downloads | techPowerUp

Above is a link to a whole plethora of benchmark utilities, all of them are free. Like I said I would use the Uniengine benchmarks, they will reflect your clocks accurately while benchmarking. :D

Is there possibility in future that svl or some body will make over volted bios version to g75 GTX660M ? I am even ready to give up my warranty to make some mechanical changes on my vga if some body show how :) , pleeeeeez guys , i really need to heat up my gtx660m

Hi,

I finally solved my problem of single core.

Simply an oversight from a previous change in msconfig:

Tab: Start / Advanced / number of cores to uncheck options.

Et voilà 8 cores :Banane33:

I know i'm à n00b

If the .bat file isn't working for you, right click on the .bat file, click Edit, and type the contents of that file into command prompt. You will have to make the directory that the BIOS and such are in to your default directory by using the "CD" command (change directory).

Example.

cd C:\Users\Tucker\Desktop\Modded Bios

post-11770-144949951171_thumb.jpg

vovan10baran: Are you sure you aren't looking at clocks for the 670m? This BIOS works for that card as well.

• Bios Modder

For All!

Important!

In the BIOS of our laptop placed 8 videobioses. 4 for GTX660M and 4 for GTX670M. 4 Legacy and 4 uefi. For different ID board videocard. In the BIOS Mod.223 from the first post, svl7 overclocked only 2 videobioses. One for some id board GTX660M and one for some id board GTX670M. Overclock in Mod.223 only for some users. For GTX670M: if last digit number yours videobios 19 - you lucky boy. If last digit number yours videobios 1B - you do not have overclock. Number yours videobios you can see by GPU-Z. Unlock for menu options in bios setup - for all.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm just trying to be helpful and instructive, first off, the .bat file explaination wasn't even meant for you it was for a different post. Second, I can't help you out very well if I don't have descriptions and processes that you took to flash the BIOS. I don't even have or have even laid my hands on a GTX 670M and I'm going off of pure experience and computer know how, just caaaaalm down lol.

First I thought that is impossible to over volt that card because I have been searching that information or bios very long time ago, but now i realized that they do not want to take responsibility of burned cards :D But may be I am wrong :D

To Klem : Can you give me instructions [email protected] I will donate :P

Hello again, still no success for over volting my g75 vw gtx660m!!! Can some body or svl7 can tell me how to open that bios file or what software are you use to open that ! PLEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ. I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF MY BURNED CARD !!!!!!

• Bios Modder

ideaalne

What's your Asic quality? And what is the maximum voltage under load? What is the maximum frequency in overclocking? What is the temp?