[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

I downloaded all needed files and followed the Instructions. But if I Use the Backup.bat (also in Admin-Mode) it creates no file. What to do?

I opened the file Backup.bat to solve the Problem and I saw that theres the BiosBackup.bin -bios wanted ... but I don't find the file.

Im Using Windows 7 64-Bit.

Look, I had this problem also... you have to

1. Open Command Prompt as admin

2. travel using "cd" to the location of the fptw64.exe (travel to the folder)

3. Open backup.bat with a text editor

4. Copy the text to your terminal with ftpw64.exe before (as in "fptw64.exe -D -BIOS newBios etc...")

5. Enjoy your backup

this also happens with the flash.bat, so do the same with that one, just copy what is in the flash.bat into terminal once you navigate to your fptw64 folder

Hey all, just stumbled upon this thread as I picked up a G75VW-BBK for real a bargain price off craigslist.

Just curious what the real world performance difference would be in a game like Far Cry 3 or similar with the modded BIOS.

I certainly do not want to lose the backlight on the keyboard...has this been definitely resolved?

Is there any danger in applying the BIOS itself (I understand the risks of overclocking) but I am referring to ruining the machine from the flash process itself?

Pardon the ignorance...I have been working with computers since the Atari 8-Bit days, but this modded BIOS stuff is all new to me.

Hey all, just stumbled upon this thread as I picked up a G75VW-BBK for real a bargain price off craigslist.

Just curious what the real world performance difference would be in a game like Far Cry 3 or similar with the modded BIOS.

I certainly do not want to lose the backlight on the keyboard...has this been definitely resolved?

Is there any danger in applying the BIOS itself (I understand the risks of overclocking) but I am referring to ruining the machine from the flash process itself?

Pardon the ignorance...I have been working with computers since the Atari 8-Bit days, but this modded BIOS stuff is all new to me.

Yes, read the first post...

- - - Updated - - -

I have this System, but standard 2.3GHz clock. What would this increase it to?

This mod overclocks the Graphics card, not the processor... and with intel boost you should be getting 3.3 or 3.4

I've tried your instructions and it works. BUT it doesn't overclock my Card (GTX670M) ... What should I do?

Thanks for Help.

Did you even read the instructions I left at page 20 or something? it tells you to do something in specific to get it to work because currently it does not. You just have to follow some 4 other steps to overclock

Open Command Prompt as admin

4. Copy the text to your terminal with ftpw64.exe before (as in "fptw64.exe -D -BIOS newBios etc...")

5. Enjoy your backup

I've done this, and it works. The Bios is overwritten and i can use all Options but my GeForce GTX 670m runs at Core: 620MHz/ Memory: 750MHz/ Shader: 1240MHz

Where could be the Problem?

Thanks for Help.

I'll see what I can do. What's the current 3d voltage? Can't remember whether I already increased it a bit.

I've done this, and it works. The Bios is overwritten and i can use all Options but my GeForce GTX 670m runs at Core: 620MHz/ Memory: 750MHz/ Shader: 1240MHz

Where could be the Problem?

Weird, can you post a GPU-Z screenshot?

post-10347-14494994360347_thumb.jpg

At first I want to tell you that your MOD is awesome ;)

Furthermore, I've overclocked the GTX670m with EVGA Precision to 750/1650 now and it works like a charm.

But maybe you can find the problem why the card isn't overclocked by your BIOS MOD.

Greetz

Twitch

Look, I had this problem also... you have to

1. Open Command Prompt as admin

5. Enjoy your backup

this also happens with the flash.bat, so do the same with that one, just copy what is in the flash.bat into terminal once you navigate to your fptw64 folder

I myself ran into this issue, but am unable to solve the problem. My unit won't create a backup; simply doubleclicking on backup.bat throws an error, and using command prompt seems to give the same error.

I myself ran into this issue, but am unable to solve the problem. My unit won't create a backup; simply doubleclicking on backup.bat throws an error, and using command prompt seems to give the same error.

My sincere apologies; finally got it working. I have NO idea what I was doing wrong, but after some diligence, I got it functioning. My keyboard still illuminates and the default GPU clock is set at 1000MHz as noted by GPU-z.

Thank you a million for your hard work on this BIOS fix. I'm going to pop in and see if I can OC it in a stable way, based on what others had to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can you post a screenshot of Nvidia Inspector which shows this in the log?

post-9158-14494994361929_thumb.png

Here ya go. This is stock 223 Firmware.

:)

Dont know what a safe top voltage could be but I got decent temps at full load ranging from 75-80 overclocked without laptop cooler and 10 degrees C lower with it.

Regards Kaldrosil.

Not a particularly relevant post, but I donated to your link on the original page. It's not much (I'm poor college student after all), but I just wanted you to know I appreciate your hard work on this BIOS fix.

When I get paid on Friday, I'll donate a second time :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Asus definitely won't approve of this mod, but if you flash it back before an RMA they won't ever notice. Even if it's flashed I doubt they'll notice.