[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

1) What do you edited bios v221?

2) Do you modify mzhesh new bios v223 for 75. (Very necessary)

1) Some bios menus unlocked and vbios revised... but I need to fix the mods anyway when I find time. Can't remember but I think I forgot to adjust the 670m vbios in one version.

2) No idea what you mean... can you explain?

v223 is out... isn't that the better BIOS?

Yes it is but I think our question is, do you have a plan to unlock/modify 223 like you did with 221?

If it's already modified I don't see it in the OP and am curious where you have it saved...

Yes it is but I think our question is, do you have a plan to unlock/modify 223 like you did with 221?

Yes, will modify it, I need to redo the mods anyway, but it will take some more time since my SSD died today and I need to get my main system working again. Lost most of the G75 series mods since I didn't have a recent backup for all of it. Can some of you guys send me or upload a dump of v223 and post a GPU-Z screenshot of the 670m and 660m when using that bios?

Yes, will modify it, I need to redo the mods anyway, but it will take some more time since my SSD died today and I need to get my main system working again. Lost most of the G75 series mods since I didn't have a recent backup for all of it. Can some of you guys send me or upload a dump of v223 and post a GPU-Z screenshot of the 670m and 660m when using that bios?

Here's a GPU-Z of my 660M running v223

7ng.png

Would totally send you a dump had my G75 not died just a couple of days ago, this will be my fourth RMA to ASUS for the same "not powering on" issue... Thankfully they are paying for shipping on my refurb since this is a repeat issue.

Would totally send you a dump had my G75 not died just a couple of days ago, this will be my fourth RMA to ASUS for the same "not powering on" issue... Thankfully they are paying for shipping on my refurb since this is a repeat issue.

Don´t send it in the oem box! Idid and didn´t get that back :( Asus takes no responsebility!

Here is dump my G75VW v223 bios by fptw64:

http://moklubawa.pl/kino/G75VW223.bin

Good luck!!! :)

Added modified v223 to the first post, along with new instructions. Make sure to follow them properly, this should solve all previous issues.

I'm waiting for some feedback. Let me know if you have questions.

Hey svl7,

I don't really want to overclock, but I'd like the additional menus. Would you mind sharing your methods of madness (haha). I always get "Invalid BIOS" when I muck around with the bios file. Or... could you provide a bios with no overclocking but has all menus unlocked?

Well... the 660m is really underclocked, it's not a problem to run it at 1GHz... but if you really don't want the additional power I guess I can upload one without the vbios mods.