[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

Asus G75VW - modified BIOS / VBIOS

Here's a modified BIOS for the Asus G75VW. It enables some more options and settings in the BIOS setup.

It also contains a tweaked VBIOS for the 660m.

Detailed version information:

• mod02 'GHZ edition' - 660m 3d clocks at 1000MHz core - 670m @ 715/1650 (only in 'overclock edition')
  • additional BIOS menus

Pics of the most interesting BIOS settings (thanks @bobby7):

CameraZOOM-20121205185526077.jpg.31013f6CameraZOOM-20121205185548072.jpg.de7f2afCameraZOOM-20121205185605447.jpg.35c2363CameraZOOM-20121205185633083.jpg.06be3a2

Instructions:

• Download the BIOS you want to flash, as well as the flash tool (Win64). Put the modified BIOS (and included files) in the same folder as the flash tool
  • Make sure that your current BIOS version is the same as the one you want to flash. Then create a backup of your BIOS by executing the backup.bat file.
  • Download the 'G75VW-BiosFixer.zip, put it in the same folder as the flash too and run it. Follow the instructions on the screen, it will ask you for the BIOS backup you just created, as well as the modified BIOS file which you already downloaded.
  • If the tool doesn't come up with an error message, go ahead and flash the created file by executing the included flash.bat file.
  • Wait until the flashing is done, in case everything's okay you can reboot.

NOTE: It's a good idea to go to load the default BIOS settings after flashing. Also I really recommend flashing the official version before applying the modified BIOS, as mentioned in the instructions.

>>> Here's my donation link, if you like my mods feel free to buy me a beer ;) <<<

As always with such mods, use at your own risk.

The program I provide here (BiosFixer) comes with absolutely no warranty to the extent permitted by applicable law.

Asus G75VW - BIOS v223 - [unlocked] [overclock edition].zip

G75VW-BiosFixer.zip

Asus G75VW - BIOS v223 - [unlocked].zip

• Thumbs Up 49

Hello svl7,

Hope you had a good day. I have been experiencing the random clock drops while playing nba 2k13 and ac3.

Here are the clocks:

Log is attached, you can see towards the bottom the are these random drops. THx again for everything.

I only see some drops to 1113MHz or similar, and that's still higher than the default clock of 1000MHz. 1200 is boost, you don't necessarily get full boost all the time. All the other clock drops I see are while the GPU load is lower, so that's usual as well, the GPU is supposed to clock down if there's only a small load.

Okay, I will just test it. Thx again. It is just the frame drops to 5 fps at those times.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to thank svl7 for this modded vBIOS. I'm successfully gaming at ~1160Mhz core / 1450Mhz mem. Great stuff! It's put new life into this laptop.

It's been years since I've done any real benchmarking, but here's a 3DMark 11 Performance run:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5146996

He Jimmy,

Are those clock speeds including the boost?

Thx.

Maybe I should disable the boost, then it's possible to sustain the clock which is set instead of having it switching all the time...

Regarding the lights, try a power drain. Might be a setting error. Also after flashing a BIOS I recommend going to the setup and loading the defaults.

I can't do a lot about the 670m... it's a fermi card. A slight voltage increase is possible if the vbios allows it, and of course higher default clocks, but it won't overclock as high as a Kepler.

Do you have a GPU-Z screenshot of the 670m? (Preferably of a system using bios v221)

I can't do a lot about the 670m... it's a fermi card. A slight voltage increase is possible if the vbios allows it, and of course higher default clocks, but it won't overclock as high as a Kepler.

Do you have a GPU-Z screenshot of the 670m? (Preferably of a system using bios v221)

Here you go sir... Bios .211 Stock... GDDR5 is incorrectly reported of course...

670m.jpg