[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

• Bios Modder

Yes, if you use programmer device, and damaged Bios size 8MB (not 6MB). And in this case laptop will work, but you will lost your personal data (MAC adress, Serial Number, Windows keys, etc...).

In your case whole bios 8MB can be flashed only with programmer device.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
6 hours ago, highbird86 said:

i have win 10 but i think its not working in 10 how to flahs? please help! :logik:

Just do it exactly the same as at the first post of this thread, and all be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm running an Asus G75VW with the 660GTX in it and am currently running the modded/OC BIOS, everything worked fine getting it installed etc and utilizing Intel's XTU app I have pulled a CPU speed of 3.501GHz on turbo and 2.440GHz non turbo out of these BIOS, this is my stable OC, I can pull a little more from it if I adjust the reference clock from 106.0773 to a little higher but at about 106.5 she freezes up and I have to restart (built in protection automatically defaults everything back upon restart) so I figured 3.5 on turbo seemed like a good solid number and left it there since I know the extra couple MHz I can pull might not necessarily be as stable being so close to the reference clock at which she freezes up on. Nvidia Inspector app shows my GPU clock at 1100mhz Memory at 2800mhz and boost at 1100mhz. Now Ive got a couple of questions, first off MSI Afterburner only shows my GPU clock at 999mhz, memory OC shows up just fine and reflects adjustments and I can increase adjustment to the GPU clock it just doesn't ever change from 999mhz, it will reflect the clock speed when I De-clock it but only once the GPU clock is below that 999 mark, anyone know what that's about? Second question is there any way for someone to port that fixmykb exe to a 64bit version? Having the keyboard back lighting work isn't super high on my list of priorities as I don't use the laptops keyboard hardly ever since I have a Logitech G19 connected up to it, but they had stopped working whenever I flashed the stock Asus 223 BIOS, they will kick on every once in awhile but only at system boot. I'm running Windows 10 and have tried to run the fixmykb.exe in every compatibility mode available but Win10 isn't having any of it, I get the big blue box stating the app cant run on my pc please check with the publisher for a version that can etc.

I haven't gotten to play Battlefield 4 with my new settings and overclocks running but I can say that World of Warcraft runs smooth as silk for the most part even with pretty much every setting on ultra, only time I catch any kind of lag is during certain raids when the boss casts a large area spell that I'm guessing has a shit ton of particle effects. Ill be logging into BF4 shortly so hopefully Ill be able to report great things about it as well. Ive had this system since late 2012 and would have OC it sooner but well Ill be straight up honest from early '13 to late '15 I was in prison so she just sat unused for a long time. One of the first things I did upon coming home was buy more RAM (increase from 8gb to 24gb now :)) and when it didn't show up I had to flash the 223 BIOS and Ive gone on from there, but Ive been building my own systems since around late '99 or so when I had an AMD K75 1GHz CPU (matter of fact I still have that processor somewhere as a little piece history since it was the first 1GHZ processor and all), and while I have now owned 2 intel powered laptops (this Asus and a G55 prior to it) this is my first hand at playing with overclocking anything made by Intel, hopefully my financial situation will allow me to build myself another desktop system and put in one of those nice new 8 core Black edition processors with a Nvidia 9 series card but until then I think my G75 will do the trick. Anyway just wanted to kinda introduce myself to the community a lil as well as ask the questions I needed to ask even tho I did pay for the premium package to get the BIOS.

Btw, anyone else notice that things run for the most part smoother on Windows 10 than they did on Windows 7? I was on MS community beta team for Windows 8 and did not like it at all so never used 8 but decided that since Windows 10 was supposed to be a nice mixture of Win7 and innovations from 8 as well as new stuff Id give it a try so now I have a dual-boot setup with Windows 7 on one internal 1tb drive and Windows 10 on the other, I haven't looked back since installing 10 once I got the start menu looking "proper" using the program Start10.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I was just trying to make a backup of my bios using the backup.bat file however when I do I get this error:

Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows).
Tool needs to run with an administrator priviledge account.

I then tried running it as an administrator however it the program simply flashes up and then disappears a second later.
Would anyone have some insight as to how I can get around this issue as I am unable to flash the new bios file without the backup it would seem.
Appreciate any help :)

EDIT:
I solved the issue. In case anyone else was having this issue follow this tutorial

and it was create the backup you require.
Also I'm loving this modified bios. Thank you to all the tech genius' out there, you inspire me daily. :)

Edited by adiringma
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your help. im relieved that there is still a chance for me to grab this bios mod. 
FyI thanks to svl7 for the marvelous work! I'l be happy to lurk and post here all day if I have to :) cheers.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

is there any way to unlock the volt mod on this bios? im stuck as 1185 with only 45C* ...  I have another bios unlock with volt mod that only lets me clock to 1240 which is an upgrade but capped at 1240 :( 
Id love to try and go beyond 1300's ! 
ANYONE?