Now I am in a headache. I locally picked up a T430 Thinkpad, it was only $200 USD, with a lost key ($6 on eBay ordered). still has 3 full years of warranty...

i5-3320m, 8GB RAM (added another 2G stick for $7), and it now has my WD 750GB Black I bought in May 2014. (5yr Warranty)., except the lack of camera (ugh) and fingerprint (oh well), it has 9-cell battery rated at 98wh right now. obviously Thinkpad's power management is much more superior than HP Elitebook / Dell Latitude.... so I can lock my Thinkpad's battery charge to a 87% maximum.. usually it is like the battery life stays constant for each cycle.

so then the competitor, or my earlier-acquired 2570P, is actually on a disadvantage... it has i7-3689Y ES, an ULV, 8GB ddr3L, and 120GB Intel SSD. Obviously I can swap the RAM and Hard drive between, but I really cannot decide now on which laptop should I bring to my classes, etc. The other one will act as a fake tower at home.

2570p's 100wh battery has degrade da** fast. It was 100wh or 98wh the first time, and I only had about less than 10 cycles, each cycle "awfully timed manually" to keep less than 90% charge, and it is still dropping. now the battery is at 90wh full... what should I do? Crying for help! and suggestions would be great!

You can fix 2570p batter with DIY eGPU setup 1.30 there is information about extending battery life on first page.

When i received my machine it was doing 3.5h from on a 6 cell battery. I only did basic stuff: set wifi on maximum power savings, locked cpu to 1.8ghz while on battery, made sure intel gpu is set to max battery mode and stuff I mentioned about setup 1.30. Now I'm around 5.5h when surfing and watching videos. I know this dosent asnwer your questions about how to increase longevitiy of your 100wh battery but its a start. Only thing that pops to my mind is to check if bios has some sort of "rapid charge" or "fast charge" and turn it off. Use standard charging or slow - no battery likes to be filled fast as it will kill her faster than any other slow charging method. I know I use "Standard charge" instead of "fast charge" on my m6600 and compared to few colegues of mine my battery is only on 97% after 1.5 years and theirs is around 80%.

Hello :)

Here is my little creative DIY case project: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2109-diy-egpu-experiences-%5Bversion-2-0%5D-post104801.html#post104801

So here my final setup:

Laptop Mode (for mobile):

Hp 2570p with:

- OS Win 7 Pro x64 (Win 8.1 Pro x64 in future)

- CPU i5-3320m 2.6Ghz (i7-3820qm 2.7Ghz in future)

- HD1 128GB+128GB RAID0 Samsung 830 Pro SSDs

- RAM 16GB DDR3 1600 CL9

------------------------------------------------

Desktop Mode (for working):

HP 2570p Dock Station with:

- POWER 90W Adapter

- DISPLAYPORT Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200px

- USB-HD2 Western digital 1TB

- USB Keyboard Logitech Comfort K290

- USB Wireless Mouse Logitech T400

- USB Tv Digital Receiver\Recorder Cinergy

- AUDIO Speakers (Usb powered)

-------------------------------------------------

Power Mode (for gaming):

DIY eGpu Clousure with:

- GPU PE4L 2.1b Geforce GTX660 (with fans disabled)

- DVI Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200px

- FAN Silent big Fan to graphic card

- PSU 500W Silent (fanless in future)

- USB on PE4L (nothing for now... maybe an SD card reader embedded in the case?)

post-18229-14494998270988_thumb.jpg

post-18229-14494998271718_thumb.jpg

post-18229-1449499827244_thumb.jpg

post-18229-14494998273211_thumb.jpg

post-18229-14494998273924_thumb.jpg

post-18229-1449499827459_thumb.jpg

post-18229-14494998275313_thumb.jpg

post-18229-14494998276055_thumb.jpg

post-18229-14494998276788_thumb.jpg

post-18229-14494998277588_thumb.jpg

post-18229-14494998278339_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

You can fix 2570p batter with DIY eGPU setup 1.30 there is information about extending battery life on first page.

When i received my machine it was doing 3.5h from on a 6 cell battery. I only did basic stuff: set wifi on maximum power savings, locked cpu to 1.8ghz while on battery, made sure intel gpu is set to max battery mode and stuff I mentioned about setup 1.30. Now I'm around 5.5h when surfing and watching videos. I know this dosent asnwer your questions about how to increase longevitiy of your 100wh battery but its a start. Only thing that pops to my mind is to check if bios has some sort of "rapid charge" or "fast charge" and turn it off. Use standard charging or slow - no battery likes to be filled fast as it will kill her faster than any other slow charging method. I know I use "Standard charge" instead of "fast charge" on my m6600 and compared to few colegues of mine my battery is only on 97% after 1.5 years and theirs is around 80%.

Thank you for your inputs! Yes the stuff like Rapidcharge is not actually good for the cell capacity. It is only good for MARKETING PITCH.

I've used / hands on these before, and It actually gets me confused on which business brand has the best laptop! ugh

Dell Latitude: E6410, E6420, E6330

Lenovo ThinkPad: X200, X201, X200t, X220, X220t, X230t, T430, SL400, SL410, T400s, T410s

HP elitebook: 2570p, 8440p (silly enough to not take get a feel of 2560p for $200)...

Fujitsu: T900 (convertible tablet)

1. all SNB and later units lack AMBIENT LIGHT SENSOR. (maybe latest fujitsu has it but IDK)

2. DELLand HP are not good with battery cell life / charge limit management (points for LENOVO, FUJITSU)

3. All except LENOVO uses full-metal outer shell (points for DELL HP FUJITSU), and PS it is stylish too!

4. all except LENOVO have most of their laptops a bottom service fully accessible (especially for CPU Fan cleanup, points for all HP, DELL, Fujitsu, extra points for FUJITSU, HP for socketted CPU in their 12'' Ultraportable)

5. only LENOVO has the fastest driver/utility installation (System Updates). 2 Points for LENOVO.... otherwise I can use Easy Driverspack to get drivers, but OEM-specific utilities have to be downloaded one by one! Pain.

6. Points for keyboards on DELL LENOVO FUJITSU. HP's keyboard is much inferior! Small and the depth is too low.

........................actually -1 Point for HP and its thrifty-most design in fast keys (no vol +/-, only a mute key)

anything else that others can think of?

How to check if those setup 1.x battery tweaks are applied? ASPMs stuff

Other than using powercfg -energy and going trough output html file.

and is it safe to update to f.50?

You are at least the third to ask if it's safe to update to F.50. I've given a rollback plan in case it isn't. Need someone to pioneer the way and do the flash and advise on status of important performance features with the F.50 bios: WLAN whitelisting, i7-quad support and RAID-0 support.

Yes, go through powercfg -energy to confirm ASPMs disabled message no longer exists. Then switch to battery, wait the 90s or so for the SD controller to disappear from Device Manager (with no card inserted into it). That's the trigger for when idle power consumption drops ~2W but the accompanying power draw drop only occuring if ASPMs are enabled via Setup 1.30 per the battery tweaks.

Looks like you're keeping either the 2570P or M6600, depending on which sells? Would have thought the 2570P would sell faster given it being 41% the cost of the M6600 and so appeal to a greater market.

HP 2570P for €460

Dell M6600 for €1116

Well first i will test egup setup and then make proper decision. For now I'll stick with both. Reason i havent sold my m6600 is its gpu which i got when my m8900 died. Which is plenty powerful and i havent payed a single cent for it.

Adapter just got here and i'm off to testing - atm i only have mis amd 7770 on hands so will test with it.

Just to ask 1 more time - to get amd cards to work

1. edit dsdt tables

2. use setup 1.xx to get rid of error 12 if i get it via compaction,

2-b plug card in when i get to setup 1.xx?

3. profit ??

EDIT: Hitting a brick wall with dsdt editing

folowing this when compiling i end up with error down here. I'm using older iasl compiler downloaded from some other dsdt editing guide.

If I download newest, "iasl -g" command gives me error " -g is deprecated, use acpidump instead", any idea?

EDIT2: After using different files from different guides i finaly managed to get "Large memory" in device manager

EDIT3: Code 43 on AMD 7770M in device manager. Am i missing something here?

So what i do is: enter menu based setup, plug in egpu, hit f5, set endpoint to 56.25gb, do compaction on "egpu igpu", force 32bit "none" and then go to chainload !test run and boot into windows. Am i doing something wrong?

post-11060-14494998295879_thumb.jpg

SCN000.BMP

post-11060-14494998296069_thumb.jpg

post-11060-14494998321518_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, having a bit of an issue. While using my laptop the other day, it abruptly shut down. It has not started back up since. The laptop does not respond at all. The only signs of life on the laptop are the power led. It is on and solid white, with a blinking yellow light. I looked the code up and it seems to indicate an insufficient power supply. I tried the laptop with and without the battery, with the ac adapter connected and not connected, and it would not turn on under any circumstance. I then tried resetting the CMOS, but that also had no effect.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I'm pretty much lost at this point, and I really need to be able to use this laptop for school. Thanks!

Hey guys, I have a question.

I have an Elitebook 2570p which is broken unfortunately. I need to know the serial number, so that I can check the warranty status.

Unfortunately the Sticker with the serial number was removed by the pre-owner.

Does anybody know if there is another possibility to get the serial?

The Notebook Does not work at all, so I cannot Access BIOS or whatever.

Thanks

Without the sticker and without a BIOS boot screen, the only way I know of getting the serial number would be to get a BIOS dump and browse it. To do that would dissassembly of the machine, removal of the BIOS chip, reading it with with a SPI BIOS hardware into a file, then viewing the file to extract the serial number, then checking the serial number against the HP Warranty checker webpage or calling HP page. An advanced user with the right gear (hot air gun to remove the chip + BIOS programmer) could pull it off but it's still a fair bit of work.

HP might have an internal warranty lookup mechanism based on the systmeboard serial number found near the RAM slots. You could give that a go?

ebay-US has a 2570P system starting at US$99. It clearly shows the white sticker below the RAM slots with the systemboard serial details starting with CT: PC2JK... . It also shows the BIOS eeprom chip immediately to the right of the RAM slots, between the RAM slots and a large Intel BGA chip (believe it's the northbridge).

That would be a good one to get if no warranty options present themselves. There are also 2570P systemboards starting at US$102-shipped at aliexpress but I'll warn you about aliexpress. Some of those boards are pre-production units with beta and often unupgradable BIOS or may have some non-essential parts not working properly. It's less of a risk to just get a secondhand board from a production 2570P system.

Hey guys, having a bit of an issue. While using my laptop the other day, it abruptly shut down. It has not started back up since. The laptop does not respond at all. The only signs of life on the laptop are the power led. It is on and solid white, with a blinking yellow light. I looked the code up and it seems to indicate an insufficient power supply. I tried the laptop with and without the battery, with the ac adapter connected and not connected, and it would not turn on under any circumstance. I then tried resetting the CMOS, but that also had no effect.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I'm pretty much lost at this point, and I really need to be able to use this laptop for school. Thanks!

Time to engage HP and their warranty support to get you out of trouble. If you have NBD warranty then they'll be onto it pretty quickly.

Well first i will test egup setup and then make proper decision. For now I'll stick with both. Reason i havent sold my m6600 is its gpu which i got when my m8900 died. Which is plenty powerful and i havent payed a single cent for it.

Adapter just got here and i'm off to testing - atm i only have mis amd 7770 on hands so will test with it.

Just to ask 1 more time - to get amd cards to work

1. edit dsdt tables

2. use setup 1.xx to get rid of error 12 if i get it via compaction,

2-b plug card in when i get to setup 1.xx?

3. profit ??

EDIT: Hitting a brick wall with dsdt editing

folowing this when compiling i end up with error down here. I'm using older iasl compiler downloaded from some other dsdt editing guide.

If I download newest, "iasl -g" command gives me error " -g is deprecated, use acpidump instead", any idea?

EDIT2: After using different files from different guides i finaly managed to get "Large memory" in device manager

EDIT3: Code 43 on AMD 7770M in device manager. Am i missing something here?

So what i do is: enter menu based setup, plug in egpu, hit f5, set endpoint to 56.25gb, do compaction on "egpu igpu", force 32bit "none" and then go to chainload !test run and boot into windows. Am i doing something wrong?

Looks like you've done the DSDT override correctly and allocated the eGPU to 56.25GB space correctly. One other note, if you have the expresscard set to Gen2 in the bios then there is no need for the 'call iport gen2 2' call in your startup.bat

Now AMD cards are a bit fussy. I recall seeing the error 43 as well. Two things to try:

1. Instead of hotplugging, enable the PCI Reset Delay on your eGPU adapter. If you have an EXP GDC V6 it's a tiny switch on the left that you flick into the left position. If have other adapters (PE4C or PE4L) the look at the board for details of what the switch is. Once enabled, you turn on the eGPU just before the notebook. If the delay works, then you'll be able to boot the system to Setup 1.30, and either see the eGPU already or hit F5 and wait for it to appear. Then do a startup.bat>Test run followed by Chainloader->Test run. If it doesn't work, then the system will hang upon seeing the eGPU during BIOS initialization and so recheck your PCI reset delay switch settings.

2. If (1) gives no relief then try this. I've seen some eGPUs that either require I/O enabled or some that don't like it. So in your startup.bat, after the 'call pci' line and before the 'call chainload' line, add one of the follow three sections, one at a time and test then using startup.bat->Test run followed by Chainloader->Test Run.

:: enable just MEM I/O on the eGPU

setpci -d %eGPU% COMMAND.b=6

:: enable MEM+I/O port on the eGPU

setpci -d %eGPU% COMMAND.b=7

:: disable all I/O on the eGPU .. OS should then set it as it needs. Probably the default setting already.

setpci -d %eGPU% COMMAND.b=0

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a question, too. I have replaced the motherboard with a new one, and the new one does not have the serials and other ID's written to it. Can anyone guide me or point me to a direction about this, how to write those ID's to the motherboard? I have tried many versions of HP DMI TATOO, without success

I have a question, too. I have replaced the motherboard with a new one, and the new one does not have the serials and other ID's written to it. Can anyone guide me or point me to a direction about this, how to write those ID's to the motherboard? I have tried many versions of HP DMI TATOO, without success

Pretty comprehensive outline of what to do at NbDmiFit-2.00 . Appears to be the documentation that is supplied the utility .

An alternative method to reprogram your serial/model would be to take a bios dump as discussed here using fpt.exe/fpt64.exe with unlocked flash descriptor, edit the dumped bios file, then flash back the whole bios file. It would be completely at your own risk to do that as I'm not sure if HP are applying any additional checksums on that data that may brick the machine on powerup if it detects modification. Pretty nasty stuff if they did do that.

Looks like you've done the DSDT override correctly and allocated the eGPU to 56.25GB space correctly. One other note, if you have the expresscard set to Gen2 in the bios then there is no need for the 'call iport gen2 2' call in your startup.bat

Now AMD cards are a bit fussy. I recall seeing the error 43 as well. Two things to try:

1. Instead of hotplugging, enable the PCI Reset Delay on your eGPU adapter. If you have an EXP GDC V6 it's a tiny switch on the left that you flick into the left position. If have other adapters (PE4C or PE4L) the look at the board for details of what the switch is. Once enabled, you turn on the eGPU just before the notebook. If the delay works, then you'll be able to boot the system to Setup 1.30, and either see the eGPU already or hit F5 and wait for it to appear. Then do a startup.bat>Test run followed by Chainloader->Test run. If it doesn't work, then the system will hang upon seeing the eGPU during BIOS initialization and so recheck your PCI reset delay switch settings.

2. If (1) gives no relief then try this. I've seen some eGPUs that either require I/O enabled or some that don't like it. So in your startup.bat, after the 'call pci' line and before the 'call chainload' line, add one of the follow three sections, one at a time and test then using startup.bat->Test run followed by Chainloader->Test Run.

:: enable just MEM I/O on the eGPU

setpci -d %eGPU% COMMAND.b=6

:: enable MEM+I/O port on the eGPU

setpci -d %eGPU% COMMAND.b=7

:: disable all I/O on the eGPU .. OS should then set it as it needs. Probably the default setting already.

setpci -d %eGPU% COMMAND.b=0

Only microswitching was needed. Pics will come later one, together with 3d mark 06/v/11/heaven scores - i also remembered i didint test my i5 with throttlestop bench. So fire away any tests you want me to do.

Here is photo gallery of my first eGPU setup. - some extra pictures to compare sizes between 12.5" and 17.3" behemoth. On pictures difference is not that big, but once you pick em up its massive.

Here are topics i started on pcekspert.com and bug.hr - two Croatian forums where i'm active. I started two topics since this is an incredible way to "breathe in" new life into old notebooks or have portability and good 3d performance while at home while on a budget. My next steps will be to try and get eGPU working on my gf-s Elitebook 8530p and old HP 6720s.

So what was used to run 2570p + AMD 7770

Hardware:

2570p + EXP GDC v6 EC + Dell da2 d220p + MSI AMD 7770 @ pcie x1 gen2

Software:

DSDT Override

DIY eGPU Setup 1.3 for: PCI compaction - 56.25gb endpoint + compaction on iGPU eGPU

Once DSDT Override was done all left to do was plug in eGPU setup - flip the damn switch since i lost around 6-7 hours tryin to make hotplug work - do compaction with Setup 1.x - boot to windows, install drivers and profit!

EDIT: Special thanks to Tech Inferno Fan!

EDIT2: gpuz + device manager ss added - where it shows it works at x1 gen2

• Thumbs Up 1

If MPM is locked, the user can unlock MPM as below:

Rename the file to the FSMC.bin in wndmifit to SMC.bin

Save the file to FAT32 USB key and insert to the system (or save the file to the root of drive D: HP_TOOLS)

Press "Windows Key + UP Key + Down Key" and turn on the system

I cannot do that, nothing happened when I turned off the computer, insert the USB FAT32 formatted stick with SMC.bin, held the three buttons and pressed the power button. It just booted as normal to the USB. Since the MPM is locked, wndmifit does say success message, but it does not write the information. When started, it gives this message

escalate to 3LS to get SMC blob to unlock MPM
. I do not know how to do that. As for the BIOS dump, I have tried to read the instructions before to test the new BIOS, but I was overwhelmed... And I would not try it on my system, as it has no warranty.

So, any help on how to unlock MPM? Thank you anyway foe all the help and involvement so far!

Hello.

I am a happy new laptop owner.

I have read (almost) all the thread.

I have a question:

I want to flash BIOS version F.44, looks the best one, but I am unable to findout it.

I have been having a look to the HP's FTP server, but it is impossible to imagine what file is.

Could somebody help me in getting this BIOS version?

thank you

Hello.

I am a happy new owner.

I want to flash BIOS version F.44, looks the best, but I am unable to findout it in HP's ftp server.

Could you please send me an advise on how to get it?

Thanks.

in another way, I have a device without driver, and I like if you can have a look to your laptop to direct me in the right address:

VENDOR: 8086

DEV: 1E3D

SUBSYS: 17DF103C

REV 04

thank you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12488[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12489[/ATTACH]

I cannot do that, nothing happened when I turned off the computer, insert the USB FAT32 formatted stick with SMC.bin, held the three buttons and pressed the power button. It just booted as normal to the USB. Since the MPM is locked, wndmifit does say success message, but it does not write the information. When started, it gives this message . I do not know how to do that. As for the BIOS dump, I have tried to read the instructions before to test the new BIOS, but I was overwhelmed... And I would not try it on my system, as it has no warranty.

So, any help on how to unlock MPM? Thank you anyway foe all the help and involvement so far!

INFO: Correcting Production Information Incorrect bios halt screen (eg: system board, product name, serial, SKU, family)

Others have had the same problem unlocking MPM mode (manufacturing program mode), without an answer from HP here.

Thankfully someone at MDL figured it out here. Please following instructions carefully to get a successful result.

Still, if your system doesn't have warranty then setting those details is mostly a cosmetic thing. Guess it could be valuable if you were reselling the system as blank serial numbers might raise some questions about how the system was sourced.

Hello.

I am a happy new owner.

I want to flash BIOS version F.44, looks the best, but I am unable to findout it in HP's ftp server.

Could you please send me an advise on how to get it?

Thanks.

in another way, I have a device without driver, and I like if you can have a look to your laptop to direct me in the right address:

VENDOR: 8086

DEV: 1E3D

SUBSYS: 17DF103C

REV 04

thank you

Welcome aboard and congratulations on acquiring one of the most potent ultraportable notebooks available.

That is 8086:1E3D, the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver. You can grab it as 63MB download from HP's 2570P drivers link.

Hello.

I am a happy new laptop owner.

I have a question:

I want to flash BIOS version F.44, looks the best one, but I am unable to findout it.

I have been having a look to the HP's FTP server, but it is impossible to imagine what file is.

Could somebody help me in getting this BIOS version?

thank you

2570P BIOS F.44 is file sp63856.exe . If you click the latest bios at HP's 2570P drivers link, then the revision history tab, you can navigate back to F.45, click Revision History there and click F.44. Doing that, I was given this link to F.44 as here.

Welcome aboard and congratulations on acquiring one of the most potent ultraportable notebooks available.

That is 8086:1E3D, the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver. You can grab it as 63MB download from HP's 2570P drivers link.

2570P BIOS F.44 is file sp63856.exe . If you click the latest bios at HP's 2570P drivers link, then the revision history tab, you can navigate back to F.45, click Revision History there and click F.44. Doing that, I was given this link to F.44 as here.

Thank you for your quick response.

In fact I have 2 notebooks

:Banane51:

Really, really happy. I have to say that, with my budget, I was very close to loose money.... until I discover this forum and thread.

I got both for 780 Euro:

- 8 gb RAM

- 128 SSD

- i5 3230m

- dock USB 3.0

- 2 chargers

really really good purchase in my point of view.

Yes, I have seen this link but I posted the question because I don't receive the link to F.44 in the web page.

I have another links as F.40, F.41, F.42, F.45 but not for F.44, but no problem, What version do you recommend me to flash right now? Sorry, I have no time to read whole thread and I think F.44 is the best one.

Do you agree?