F.63  bios update is only minor fixes (if anything). Won't solve your driver issue. What might though is https://drp.su -- DriverPack Solution ... been using this for the past decade with every Windows version -- if you use the online version vs. offline? Be sure to use "expert mode" (gear icon at the bottom) to deselect some bloatware ;-)

@xs850sg ... hmm didn't know that was even possible (replacing 2560p mobo and that way turn it into a 2570p). Will dig into it; thanks!

Edited by Rhyker2U

1 minute ago, NanoG6 said:

@paohyean I received your reply in my email, but seems you deleted your post here. Are you sure about the bluetooth thing? Because that is one of the reason I ordered 7260 card :(

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Sorry as I'm still getting the hang of this forum as I'm still new here.

Anyway, yes based from my personal experience.

The Intel Bluetooth wouldn't even show up after I installed the Bluetooth driver.

Unless I've done it wrongly though.

Previously you wrote:

"However, the Bluetooth doesn't work as the slot doesn't have the USB connection needed to run the Bluetooth."

Well too bad if that is the case :(

Anyone can confirm this? Can't use bluetooth on Intel 7260AC card?

Been making a shortlist of the 2570p CPUs and their passmark scores (although I read the multipliers are different).

i7-3540QM: 4608
i7-3632QM: 6930
i7-3620QM: 7615
i7-3720QM: 8161
i7-3740QM: 8391
i7-3820QM: 8495

However none of these can be held at great prices here in The Netherlands. And I've bought all kinds of things on eBay the past decade. Never bought a CPU though. Is that something that you folks have experience with / recommend? Kinda n00by question. And if I would make such a purchase, I suppose it's safer to order from USA than China, or doesn't that matter?

Edited by Rhyker2U

24 minutes ago, NanoG6 said:

Previously you wrote:

"However, the Bluetooth doesn't work as the slot doesn't have the USB connection needed to run the Bluetooth."

Well too bad if that is the case :(

Anyone can confirm this? Can't use bluetooth on Intel 7260AC card?

At first I tried installing the Bluetooth driver numerous time with no avail.

It was while browsing through forums that the USB issue was brought up.

It seems that the same goes for the 8470p as well which was my previous work notebook.

That's how I learned about it.

2570p already has bluetooth inside,never seen one without it.If yours doesn't have it,you can check ebay for the cable and bluetooth that comes originally with it.It's plug and play.

If you really want to use an wifi bluetooth combo card,you will need to do an soldering mod.

Member @invait53  has done it first and put a good tutorial a few pages back.

Please search a little first,you will be amazed how much knowledge you will find in this topic.

Best Regards

On 4-8-2016 at 1:30 PM, Rhyker2U said:

Been making a shortlist of the 2570p CPUs and their passmark scores (although I read the multipliers are different).

i7-3540QM: 4608
i7-3632QM: 6930
i7-3620QM: 7615
i7-3720QM: 8161
i7-3740QM: 8391
i7-3820QM: 8495

However none of these can be held at great prices here in The Netherlands. And I've bought all kinds of things on eBay the past decade. Never bought a CPU though. Is that something that you folks have experience with / recommend? Kinda n00by question. And if I would make such a purchase, I suppose it's safer to order from USA than China, or doesn't that matter?

Ha! Figured out the answer to my challenge. I'm just going to purchase a 8570P, and swap out the CPU I seek for the i5-33x0m of the 2570p. And sell it (probably with profit). Otherwise I will be stuck with a CPU I'm not going to use, and this is way easier. LOL

Hi All..  First post here.   I wondered if anyone has had the same issue as this?  Laptop was working absolutely faultlessly and today the laptop will only power on and almost immediately shut down.  I have tried removing battery and powering on again with same result.  Have tried another power adapter with same result, Have swapped RAM with same result. Have removed HDD with same result.  I know the battery is good and charged 100%.

Any ideas what else i might try.

Thanks

On 8/6/2016 at 8:02 AM, Rhyker2U said:

define "won't boot" ? Does it power-on with it? Can you run memtest? Cause it sounds like faulty RAM to me.

I'm not even able to enter in BIOS. After I press power button - black screen only.

And two blinking buttons - Shift and the first button after F12.

The RAM modules are OK, they are now working in my NAS at 1600MHz - the motherboard only support up to that speed.

Maybe some settings needs to be enabled in BIOS? But I can't find anything related to RAM speed...

My processor is i7-3632QM. RAM kit is 2x4GB, not 2x8GB.

I just checked my BIOS version - F.34.

Maybe it is too old?

Any ( specific for 2570p ) risks when updating to the latest BIOS?

Edited by todo1
more info

9 hours ago, todo1 said:

I have the latest BIOS F.63, everything is ok. Try it, but remember you will not able downgrade BIOS.

4 hours ago, invait53 said:

I have the latest BIOS F.63, everything is ok. Try it, but remember you will not able downgrade BIOS.

In which scenario could that be bad? Not sarcastically meant, but a genuine question. eGPU usage? Or doesn't it matter for that either?

1 hour ago, Rhyker2U said:

In which scenario could that be bad? Not sarcastically meant, but a genuine question. eGPU usage? Or doesn't it matter for that either?

Unfortunately I don't have eGPU. 

Well, I just updated my BIOS - no change. Defaults restored.

My 2570p still only gives 3 blinks ( Module error not functional ) and can't even enter BIOS.

Tried both memory modules with only one inserted in the notebook - same blinks.

@todo1. What number of your motherboard? Mine is 685404-601. Several months ago I tryed to install the i7-3632QM to HP 2570p with the motherboard 685404-101 but it didn't work. I even couldn't enter bios. It works with two cores processor only. You can check the number under the RAM.  

Edited by invait53
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/7/2016 at 1:45 PM, todo1 said:

I'm not even able to enter in BIOS. After I press power button - black screen only.

And two blinking buttons - Shift and the first button after F12.

The RAM modules are OK, they are now working in my NAS at 1600MHz - the motherboard only support up to that speed.

Maybe some settings needs to be enabled in BIOS? But I can't find anything related to RAM speed...

My processor is i7-3632QM. RAM kit is 2x4GB, not 2x8GB.

I just checked my BIOS version - F.34.

Maybe it is too old?

I'll check motherboard number tonight.

Well, the first 2 digits are hard to read ( they are both 6 or 8 ) so if I use your SN for reference, mine has to be 685404-001.

rev:4.23

Edited by todo1

@todo1 Check the revision of the motherboard. Mine is rev:4.23. On the same place, under RAM. Sorry I'm not home now and can't check the laptop of my friend. I'll be home in the end of September and try to install 2133 ram. Now there is 1800 ram. Maybe it's matter. Can somebody who has 2133 ram or any and 4-cores processor to write here number of the motherboar and revision? We don't have any statistics of it.

I've find:

685404-001   System board (motherboard) - Features the Intel QM77 chipset and HD Graphics 4000 integrated UMA graphics - Includes replacement thermal material - For use in models equipped with Windows 7 (Not for use in China or Ukraine).

685404-501   System board (motherboard) - Features the Intel QM77 chipset and HD Graphics 4000 integrated UMA graphics - Includes replacement thermal material - For use in models equipped with Windows 8 Standart Edition (Not for use in China or Ukraine).

685404-601   System board (motherboard) - Features the Intel QM77 chipset and HD Graphics 4000 integrated UMA graphics - Includes replacement thermal material - For use in models equipped with Windows 8 (Not for use in China or Ukraine)

When I bought the laptop there was two disks with Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Edited by invait53