Far Cry 3

unreal25

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

personally think this game is very nice, maybe a little repetitive, but the story is very beautiful and interesting. It really depends on "how you play it," if it is played with a lot of cunning and stealth will be very engaging .. but if you want to play superficial and quick, change the game!

On my notebook 4700QM - 2 x 8970M CrossfireX, max setting, the game runs at 80fps, with peaks of 70fps minimum and 130fps maximum (160fps looking the sky :Banane07:)

• 1 month later...
I love the game but it is disappointingly linear for an open world game. I would still recommend it to anybody who likes fps games , and I love the customization of the weapons.

I agree that it's linear (I don't mind it) but the stealth element they added makes up for it. The customization and upgrades of the weapons while great can be frustrating at times. Hunting down some species that can't be found on the map made me almost wanna quit ;)

In regard to the linearity of the game, it's the "on-rails" feeling of the main story missions/tasks and the skill unlocks being based on main story progression that are primarily responsible for that strong linear focus.

There are several mods available (found at nexusmods.com/farcry3 or moddb.com) that remove the progress reqs for skills and sideline the main story in such a way as to open up the world to a much greater degree. The amount of freedom afforded by mods like "Ziggy's Mod" is pretty amazing. Highly recommended.

Maybe not the hardcore version for the very first time you play through?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still unable to finish the game due to it repeatedly crashing after one mission (the one where you infiltrate the cave, board the boat and kill a mercenary) - there still hasn't been a patch for it. :/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...