Acer Aspire V3-771G (GT 640M) - Unlocked BIOS mod request

kbzr

I was searching around for this and saw many people were asking for one regarding this same model. Many of which flooding threads with posts about the topic, so I've decided to make a thread.

My current bios version is attached here BIOS_Acer_1.07_A_A.zip

I'm not a big time forums user as you can tell but I'm sure others as well as I would appreciate it greatly.

I personally just want the graphics card unlocked for overclocking if that's even possible.

I'd be willing to test as well.

• 1 month later...

Heya, Svl7 whats up.

Been watching this thread myself but never saw another post. Did you ever mod this bios? I too am trying to get a nice overclock but have yet to find the v3-771g 640gt unlock bios or overclocked...I also have a fully unlocked bios (except does'nt change video speed) I could send ya to mess with as well.

Thanks!

Jason

Which vbios version is used?

Heya :)

Man your quick on the forums! Well I can either send you over the modded one I found or the link here is fine. This modded unlocked bios I have does'nt really seem to make a difference as the advanced options dont seem to make it any faster.

Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook, Ultrabook / Aspire / Aspire V3-771G

its the 1.12 bios there at the link above. I would LOVE to be able to somehow overclock the crud out of this 640m gt. I have it set right now with MSI afterburner up to 844mhz on the core. It wont let me go more on the msi afterburner. Locks at 135+mhz.

As for this advanced bios, if you'd rather have it to mess with or mod/take a look at, how do I upload it on here??? or I can email.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Im not looking for any overclocking features, but I have the V3-771G-9823 model and Intel VX-T option is hidden in BIOS, so I cant enable it. Would this be an easier option to enable, I notice more requests are for GPU OC.

Link to my stock bios : http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.16_A_A.zip?acerid=634955424564295053&Step1=Notebook,%20Ultrabook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%20V3-771G&OS=8cn1&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_6

UEFI 2.16 version since mine came with Windows 8

Please let me know if you need anything from me, thank you for all your work and support. My first post here, I hope its the right forum.

Thanks

Jerob

Hi,

i have a V3-771G this system come with windows 8 preinstalled.

I desire to install windows 7 into uefi mode. During installation seems freezing on "Starting Windows" but it's only a glith

because the video go on the 2nd adapter.

May with a enabled bios is possible to deactivate the 2nd adapter?

Actually my bios is 2.16 UEFI.

Thank you

Bye

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

does anyone know if the vbios is still unlocked? I recently flashed the 2.28 unlocked bios, and i can tell there are alot more options now in the bios but yet I still cant overclock my 640m more then 135mhz can anyone give me any direction on this? thanks

• 5 years later...