X7200 vs M18x which one would you choose?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. X7200 vs M18x which one would you choose?

• M18x
    • X7200

• Founder

Wait till ivy bridge + kepler lands and see what all the manufacturers bring. Clevo traditionally never supports overclocking in their bios but they have superior cooling vs AW. Both manufacturers are about equal in performance at stock but AW has better overclocking options so it gives it the edge. As for style and extra features, its a matter of opinion but I think AW designs are far better looking with added features (alienfx,wireless hdmi etc).

• Thumbs Up 1

And that's why i will never will buy a Clevo most likely never heck even the MSI notebooks offer more of a stylish design than Clevo ever can. You want that type of performance cheaper to make or buy a desktop, i personally one day just for the heck of it will get one of those X7200 or whatever they have out due to the fact i really prefer something sleek and not bulky like a desktop to each it's own but nothing can really beat the high end Alienware top notch machines like the M18X/M17XR2 and especially with speakers since now they have Klipsch hardware!! And really as Brian as always said you want a lunchbox or something that is truly made of steel even if the palm rest is plastic feels a lot stronger and durable than a clevo ever will.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

Discussion has pretty much been settled...

Until I see an X7200 beating some big OC M18X numbers, I say performance is probably on the side of the Alien in 3dm11 due to the high frequency the sandy chips can achieve.

Is the X7200 even available?

damn, wonder how i missed this thread. very funny indeed!

side note. no clevo anything is running anything at 5 ghz. haha. too funny.

side note. brian. that 2600k will run 5+ ghz on phase...i was running mine at 5.6 for the longest time.:afro: so that's just to say...you can run safely at 5ghz 24/7.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Poll should be updated to P370EM vs. m18x R2. I've played with and owned both and still think the P370EM wins by a smidge. Build quality and design is still better on the m18x, but the better screen options (I'm starting to hate the mirror that is the screen on my m18x), better GTX 680m sku, and lower price win on the P370EM.

Poll should be updated to P370EM vs. m18x R2. I've played with and owned both and still think the P370EM wins by a smidge. Build quality and design is still better on the m18x, but the better screen options (I'm starting to hate the mirror that is the screen on my m18x), better GTX 680m sku, and lower price win on the P370EM.

Doesn't seem to apply when in sli mode....At least.... Not yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

I vote the Clevo, but 370EM as that's what I chose over the AW, don't like the look of the AW but do like that it's more OC'able, and the Clevo trackpad is terrible, but so far am happy going with the 370EM over the AW personally

• 1 month later...

I was cracking up reading that. The only way you'll attempt to beat "bottle necking" is to run at a min. of 4.5 ghz, which Clevo ain't doing. So you sir, are bottle necking. :D

And I know a few people that have Clevos and we tested the theory already.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It think the X7200 is a Hell of a Notebook which is easy to upgrade with desktop CPU´s and you can change the Panel like you need it. But it isn realy comfortable to transport.

The m18x looks realy great and its a little bit more comfortable to handel. I got the x7200 and i sell it because of the two 300W PSU you need to use it on OC.