Is there any option that I can change manually laptops fan speed?My fan is off or spin at veeryyyyy low speeds .I use throttle stop to lock the cpu frequency at 2.3Ghz it stays at this speed at 100% load on games but when I use prime95 after 10minutes it drops to 2,2-2,1-2,0-1,9-1,8Ghz and stays there...At 2,3ghz I can see 20watt power consumption and at 1,8ghz 16watt.... So I don't know if the bios has some watt limitation or the cpu makes that throttle due to high temps...My temps is around 55-60C under full load and around 30C at idle...But the laptop fan spins very low even at 60C...I don't know why but I want to manually change the fan speed and I don't know how....Any Ideas?  

6 hours ago, Zoldago said:

There is a fan control included in HWInfo, maybe it works for you.

I have seen it on internet but when I download it , it has no fan icon to control the fan or change the fan settings....I also download the speedfan but has not any option to ''play'' with my laptop's fan speed.......

I am waiting to activate my account and download the unlocked bios and see the options that give and if I can tweak through that ...

I have flash the unlocked bios.....I want to say a very big THANK YOU to the people they build it.It is AMAZING it has a lot of tweaks (seems like my desktops mono menu :P  ) I love the watt limit tweak so now I can boost my cpu at 2,3Ghz and make it stay there even under prime95!!I also love the cpu fan adjustments and cpu warnings ect...Amazing, just amazing stuff !!!! Thank you very much!!  

I spend 2 hours of tweaking and overclocking (I overclock my vga from 600Mhz core/900Mhz memory  -> 850Mhz core and 1000Mhz memory , I use msi afterburner for this .The interesting thing is that the core has more to offer...I have seen some artifacts only at 900Mhz core which is the maximum afterburner gives for overclock.......but I didn't want to push the vga so hard..Also I noticed that the memory chips of our vga is without any cooler on it and it doesn't give enough space to apply any cooler..So I didn't push the memory frequency either.)

After all these I run prime95 and furemark at the same time for about 1hour and after 30minutes I reached the maximum temp which is 73-74C at cpu cores and 74-75C at vga.

Laptop is rock stable and with under 80C temps under this heavy burn tests I think that I am more than Ok ......   It gives me enough headroom to overclock the cpu more (because I have already max the gpu , except gpu memory that I am afraid of the missing cooling on chips...)

I have only one problem...I have Hynix 1600Mhz ram and they ram at 1333Mhz ....I set at chipset settings ram speed 1600Mhz...but nothing change....They still run at 1333Mhz...I use other settings like 1866Mhz and nothing change....For some reason this bios future doesn't work... I go to dram overclock and set dram override 1,55Volt and set Intel xmp profile 1....make a resart and doesn't post....do that again with intel xmp profile 2 doesn't post....My problem is that I can't ran rams at 1600Mhz... Any ideas?

Also at performance option there is a bclk option that says 9980 and goes to 10.301 ... Before bios flash I put it on 10301 and works fine with about 100Mhz more cpu frequency ...Now when I change that value it makes a reset on 9980 and doesn't accept anything else....Any ideas for that either?

Sorry about the giant post but I am too exciting play with my ''new'' laptop after the bios flash :P  

5 hours ago, Zoldago said:

The fan icon is in the sensor section.

When HWInfo is running rightclick on the icon and choose Sensor.

Then you'll find it on the lower end, i checked that yesterday on my M11.

What version of HWinfo do you use? I have the 4.34 and the latest 5.4 and there is no fan Icon on the sensor tab ect...I have also see on the net exactly as you say but I there is no fan icon at my HWinfo ......

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after flashing this bios mod, i've tried to disable Intel HD by:

1. Disabling only IGP

2. Changing primary display to PEG

3. Changing primary display to PEG, enabling PEG Workaround and Always Enable PEG

4. Changing primary display to PEG and disabling IGP

5. Changing primary display to PEG, disabling IGP, enabling PEG Workaround and Always Enable PEG

And yet, every path i took i got 8 beeps boot loop, having to reset the CMOS over and over and over again.

I also disconnected and re-connected the LCD cable, removed and inserted the GPU heat sink again, but no luck at all.

I just want to disable Intel HD and keep just my Nvidia card active, has anybody here got any success doing that?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
1 hour ago, guredo said:

how could i download it??? i dont want to waste weeks and wait until promotion!

Hi!

Just read "User Account Promotion Rules" :  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

If you cannot wait for this promotion period, then we encourage you to subscribe for T|I Elite Membership as it will provide you with an immediate account promotion and you can then download what you wish. Attempting to circumvent these rules set forth are grounds for infraction and/or termination of your account privileges as it is a violation of our terms of service that you agreed to when joining Tech|Inferno forums.

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2017 at 8:05 AM, vagos222 said:

I have flash the unlocked bios.....I want to say a very big THANK YOU to the people they build it.It is AMAZING it has a lot of tweaks (seems like my desktops mono menu :P  ) I love the watt limit tweak so now I can boost my cpu at 2,3Ghz and make it stay there even under prime95!!I also love the cpu fan adjustments and cpu warnings ect...Amazing, just amazing stuff !!!! Thank you very much!!  

I spend 2 hours of tweaking and overclocking (I overclock my vga from 600Mhz core/900Mhz memory  -> 850Mhz core and 1000Mhz memory , I use msi afterburner for this .The interesting thing is that the core has more to offer...I have seen some artifacts only at 900Mhz core which is the maximum afterburner gives for overclock.......but I didn't want to push the vga so hard..Also I noticed that the memory chips of our vga is without any cooler on it and it doesn't give enough space to apply any cooler..So I didn't push the memory frequency either.)

After all these I run prime95 and furemark at the same time for about 1hour and after 30minutes I reached the maximum temp which is 73-74C at cpu cores and 74-75C at vga.

Laptop is rock stable and with under 80C temps under this heavy burn tests I think that I am more than Ok ......   It gives me enough headroom to overclock the cpu more (because I have already max the gpu , except gpu memory that I am afraid of the missing cooling on chips...)

I have only one problem...I have Hynix 1600Mhz ram and they ram at 1333Mhz ....I set at chipset settings ram speed 1600Mhz...but nothing change....They still run at 1333Mhz...I use other settings like 1866Mhz and nothing change....For some reason this bios future doesn't work... I go to dram overclock and set dram override 1,55Volt and set Intel xmp profile 1....make a resart and doesn't post....do that again with intel xmp profile 2 doesn't post....My problem is that I can't ran rams at 1600Mhz... Any ideas?

Also at performance option there is a bclk option that says 9980 and goes to 10.301 ... Before bios flash I put it on 10301 and works fine with about 100Mhz more cpu frequency ...Now when I change that value it makes a reset on 9980 and doesn't accept anything else....Any ideas for that either?

Sorry about the giant post but I am too exciting play with my ''new'' laptop after the bios flash :P  

How did you block the frequency in the bios? Does anyone know how?:poke:

• 4 weeks later...

At least i donwnoaded and flashed this modofied bios! I have 2 questions - is there any profit in maxing the bclk frequency? by default it 9980, which settings u use?

I have 2 ram digits, one is Samsung 10700 667mhz 9-9-9-24 and second is Hyundai 10700 667 mhz 9-9-9-24, which setting do you use to get 1600 mhz?

• 5 months later...
On 2/2/2017 at 11:33 AM, alienteste said:

Well, after flashing this bios mod, i've tried to disable Intel HD by:

1. Disabling only IGP

2. Changing primary display to PEG

3. Changing primary display to PEG, enabling PEG Workaround and Always Enable PEG

4. Changing primary display to PEG and disabling IGP

5. Changing primary display to PEG, disabling IGP, enabling PEG Workaround and Always Enable PEG

And yet, every path i took i got 8 beeps boot loop, having to reset the CMOS over and over and over again.

I also disconnected and re-connected the LCD cable, removed and inserted the GPU heat sink again, but no luck at all.

I just want to disable Intel HD and keep just my Nvidia card active, has anybody here got any success doing that?

I'm pretty confident you can't disable the IGP as the frame buffer is directed through the IGP to the LVDS interface. I think Sandy Bridge was the first generation to have this requirement. Hence why the R1, and R2's didn't need the IGP.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
9 hours ago, gandalf319 said:

EXCELLENT UNLOCKED BIOS - 

UPDATE QUESTION - CAN THIS be updating to incorporate Meltdown & Spectre - Intel Microcode UPDATES?

Hi!

Check your PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guy, a friend of mine gave me his old m11xr3 and im trying ti bring this baby back to live, i read ur posts and it sounds great but i cannot have access to the software, is there anyway i can obtain suport from any of the moderators?

Im really excited to bring this laptop to 2018.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, I'm a bit confused, is there any way to download this file? It seems like I do have enough posts and I'm a member for a while but I'm still listed as pre-promotion. I basically checked the whole internet and couldn't find any other link for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Varadux said:

Anyone tried to overclock the i3 2357m with this Bios mod?

Hi!

Unfortunately this CPU doesn't support overclock, even with unlocked bios. In Sandy Bridge CPU series only XM processors can support overclock, for example i7 2920xm, 2940xm, 2960xm.

just found out that the i3 is the only Modell which doesn´t support turbo boost.

That means it will hang arround at 1.3 GHZ which is damn low.

I allrleady tried to bump the BCLK to somewhat usefull but it fails.

The i5 and the i7 modell will boost far over 2 GHZ.

So i can´t believe that the i3 modell can´t do it as well...
Maybe there is an option to activate turbo boost?