Okay, let's do the Setup 1.x first... I did everything that you said, but in the V: I don't have the file \config\pci.bat

But when i start windows i have the option of windows 7 or DIY

In DIY it says this:

(DRV=C, RAMD=R>RDISK_10-MB. Copy c:\config->R:\config (clobbered USB ctrl p.)

DETECTED dGPU=10de : 0fd5 (NVidia)

CUTEMOUSE v2.1 beta4 [FreeDos]. Error: device not found.

DOSLFN 0.41a (haftmann#software & jmh 1/2012): loaded consuming 11776 bytes.

Invalid Opcode at IDEA 0988 0216 38EE FFFE 021E 3911 1B84 0297 DC8B 0C78 3942 3928

I'm already seeing that windows 8 will be easier to make no?

And how you installed windows 8? there's only upgradable versions

Why did you need xp vm?? and I can only install it with professional or better version no? I only have home premium

Ok, I download the upgrade and put it in a usb.

But can I get the upgrade using my win 7 home premium?

I'm understanding this:

Download the upgrade, put it on a usb stick and then boot off from it in the efi, right?

But here' the thing, the upgrade only works to upgrade, how I'll install it on nothing? unless the version you download is the FULL, but it needs to confirm first you have the previous windows

Here is another type of question: Using this method you were able to use the screen of the laptop? For that you wouldn't need some kind of Virtu MVP?

I've found a good tutorial, is this what I gotta do? http://paullabs.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/windows-8-on-mac/

But instead of step 4 I use your steps of creating an EFI?

I think I understand something now, I need to update my current win 7 to win 8 before the refit right? So these 2 processes are completely separate?

Independently of where or how I have my win 8 on my pc, the code you created "startup.nsh" will work? that's it?

I'm sry for all the questions, but I really want this to work and I've been trying for almost half a year. And I really need all the aswers for all this questions so that I can understand.

Ok, I'm gonna put here those instructions with my questions in red right next to it.

But before that there's another step that I need help.

In my mac I have 2 partitions: 1. Macintosh HD and 2. BOOTCAMP

I need to know if this is what I need to do:

1. Log in windows 7 on bootcamp

2. Wipe my usb drive using this code:

run command prompt as administrator

> diskpart

> list disk

(check which disk number your USB disk appears as, use it in the next commands)

> select your-usb-disk-number-from-previous-step

> clean

> convert gpt

> create partition primary

> select partition 1

> format quick fs=fat32

> assign

> exit

3. Buy and download Windows 8

4. Put ISO of windows 8 inside that usb drive

5. Go back to Mackintosh HD

6. Delete BOOTCAMP partition along with it's windows 7

Hi,

I'm wondering ... how well works your internal graphic card in EFI mode without your eGPU ?

I'm monitoring this thread (Win7 x64 booting natively via EFI (no bios emulation) - Page 34 - MacRumors Forums) in order to install Windows 8 in EFI mode. For me everything works well except the fact that my Radeon 4850 in my iMac have no ressources. In Bios mode everything fine except I prefer windows access my computer in "raw mode", not filtered.

I found that the use of the command mm 0003003E 8 -pci give me the possibility to have my Radeon to works with the Generic Graphic Card driver but if I use the real driver (from Windows Update), Windows said the device has a problem and didn't start (MacRumors Forums - View Single Post - Win7 x64 booting natively via EFI (no bios emulation)).

Thanks for your support.

Yes. Remove it using DiskUtility but don't create a new Partition yet.

Open Terminal and enter "sudo diskutil resizevolume /dev/disk0s2 250G" (replace 250G to and size you like) to resize your Mac OS X Partition.

Next restart with your Window 8 while pressing the Alt/Option Key and select EFI Boot.

Your Windows installation should run in fullscreen resolution (2880x1800). If its lowres something went wrong.

That is to size my macintosh hd I already have?

Wouldn't it be easier to size my macintosh hd via diskutility without creating a new partition? Like this:

post-9831-14494994289024_thumb.png

something happened when i deleted my bootcamp via Disk Utility, it showed a disk0s4 in it's place, what I do about this?

post-9831-14494994288785_thumb.jpg

And for last, when I need to do the process you mentioned before:

1. Install rEFIt

2. In Mac OS mount the EFI partition using terminal:

3. Create a textfile called "startup.nsh" in it's root:

4. Reboot while eGPU is connected (SW1=1) and select "start EFI-Shell" in rEFIt.

"startup.nsh" launches and Windows 8 starts up with eGPU enabled.

No. Merge all Partitions in DiskUtility and resize it using the terminal command. you'll receive problems otherwise. just do whats written.

The rEFIt parts should be done after installing windows. It doesn't really matter anyways.

Okay, install windows in which place?

I have 4:

partition 1: EFI (probably because of previous try i've done)

partition 2: 558.8 gb (I believe its osx here, i've put it to 600G

partition 3: 619 mb (don't know what this is)

Unnallocated space on unit 0: 140.1 gb (that's the rest of my ssd)

After installing I go to apple and download the bootcamp drivers?

Okay, install windows in which place?

partition 3: 619 mb (don't know what this is)

This should be your Mac OS Recovery disk

Unnallocated space on unit 0: 140.1 gb (that's the rest of my ssd)

This. Windows will create all needed Partitions

It shouldn't help to have all the drivers ready? sound and etc?

installation is done

when i reboot and press alt it shows macintosh / recovery / EFI Boot (this means it's all set?)

what the next step?

When I try to get in the win8 it freezes on a black screen and then says it got error and a sad face.

Then It restarts and starts win8

Yeah sure you want to install your drivers at some point. Especially the Apple ones ... internal sound wont work though due to those bugged Intel Chipset Drivers. Only HDMI and USB audio works.

EFI Boot is your windows partition so everythings fine. You can try to boot with your eGPU connected and powered on. Some GPU don't need the EFI-Shell fix.

If it doesn't work create a startup.nsh as described in the OP.

Regarding your blackscreen: It's probalbly because of intel drivers. Boot windows into DOS Prompt or get a demo of Paragon NTFS so you can remove the following intel driver -> "c:\windows\system32\drivers\igkmd64.sys"

Your LAN and WLAN should work plug and play. Didn't had and haven't heard of any problems. Even without BootCamp drivers.

Maybe you could try to connect your MacBook by LAN and update the broadcom drivers via Device Manager or download the current version on their website.

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to 2012 15" rMBP GT650M + GTX560Ti@8Gbps-TB1 (TH05) + Win8.1 [Shelltoe]