Y480 640M Overclocking Possible?

zeisshensoldt

I've seen the thread for the sony vaio overclocking the 640m le via bios flashing, but haven't seen the same for the Y480. I've attempted to backup the bios from my 640, but for some odd reason nvflash closes before it allows me to enter any commands, rather it be the windows version or DOS version. Am I missing something?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am also interested in what the author was mentioning about the possibility of overclocking the 640m LE in the y480 similarly to that of the 640m in the sony vaio. I am already using msi afterburner, but most of the overclocking options are locked by Lenovo. An image of the gpu-z for my 640m is attached.

Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated. Please let me know if you need something else or if something can be done.

Link to gpu-z screenshot: http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/13/01/17/3vm.png

post-9140-14494994176813_thumb.gif

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

you can run your nvflash in command prompt...like nvflash --save aaa.bin......If you have the bios of your computer...you can dump it and find 3 64 KB files. One is the vbios of HD4000, one is for GK107(GT650m), one is for GF108(GT640M). You can change the one you need to overclock maybe.